region 5-3A wide recievers

Dedicated#62

The top two receivers are Jordan Dowd (Page) & Zack Rogers (David Lipscomb). That is my opinion!!!

Don'ta Hightower & Cavalla O'Neal at Marshall Co. are both two excellent receivers but one has to wonder will either of them even be playing WR this next year because O'Neal may be playing QB and Hightower could move back to RB.

If Dowd is in the top 2 recievers then this region must stink at the reciever position. He has caught maybe 20 balls the last 2 seasons. I saw him the Independence game and if you breathe on him he falls down. He wouldn't even be in the top 6 at Independence. I thought Bagsby and Robbins for Page were better than him. I though Hightower played RB last year?

QUOTE(cowboys @ Apr 16 2007 - 08:53 AM) 826438445[/snapback]If Dowd is in the top 2 recievers then this region must stink at the reciever position. He has caught maybe 20 balls the last 2 seasons. I saw him the Independence game and if you breathe on him he falls down. He wouldn't even be in the top 6 at Independence. I thought Bagsby and Robbins for Page were better than him. I though Hightower played RB last year?

He played WR mostly in the second half of the season while Braden got the majority of the carries.

As for passing the football well this region hasn't been known for teams ability to do this. Lipscomb does a great job of making plays to Rogers through the air when they do decide to throw the football deep but you aren't going to see very many cases where Lipscomb is nickel and diming the opposition's defense to death by throwing timing patters to #21. TRUST ME!!!!

Joey Beach is a guy who could make plays and that's why the Cubs got the football in his hands as much as possible last season. Not only is he gone for the Cubs but also gone are his fellow WR Jossiah Lassek. The Cubs leading returning receiver this year had a total of 4 catches for 1TD last fall. He played tackle for the first seven games last year prior to moving to TE where he still serves primarily as a great blocker. He is the 6'3 295lbs. Jerry Henry.

Jordan Dowd was Neel's top target last season when I saw Page play David Lipscomb, Spring Hill, Montgomery Central, & Cheatham Co. Anytime #9 Neel needed to make a play through the air he was going for #32.

Marshall Co. is a team that is going to be in the spread this year with Nowell over there coaching the offense. That is no secret whatsoever. The problem is that with Cavalla O'Neal having to be the athlete playing QB. O'Neal is a solid QB but we all also know that he's Marshall Co.'s best WR as well. Hightower & Braden can both play RB but will there be enough carries for each to share that load????? My guess would be for Hightower to move out and play WR. He is a huge target that can make plays when the football is thrown his way. Braden is a guy that has to play RB because he is a playmaker with the ability to take it to the house every time he touches the football.

Giles Co. is a stack-I team that likes to run, run, run first. They do have the ability to get in the spread and throw the football as well but their best three receivers last year (all seniors) were #2 (who also played MLB on defense), #8 Edgmon (who moved from RB to WR when Giles went to the spread), and #7 Pettus. Their QB #1 Dunnavant is also gone.

Creek Wood is a stack-I run, run, run team as well. They return Dollard and Stokes in their offensive backfield so don't look for that mentality to change much this next year. CW's top two receivers from last year were #4 Sam Shelton & #1 Daniel Dawson. THEY ARE BOTH SENIORS!!!!

ROGERS (LIPSCOMB) & DOWD (PAGE) ARE THE TWO TOP RETURNING RECEIVERS FROM LAST SEASON!!!!!!!

Hey BC,

Two things:

1.) I don't think Nowell has landed at MC yet. Word is he may end up at Independence.

2.) In reference to receivers in the region...who cares. None of these teams threw the ball last year with the exception of Cheatham Co. and maybe Marshall Co. (if bubbles count). That may change this year with the new coaches in the region (I do expect Page to throw the ball more). Rogers is an exceptional talent and I am sure his yards per catch is amazing, but you know DL's style...it is the entire region's style...run first, run second, and throw third. Even the spread teams in this region are only spreading the defense out to run!

QUOTE(Middle Tennessee Football @ Apr 19 2007 - 12:02 AM) 826440823[/snapback]Hey BC,

In reference to receivers in the region...who cares the entire region's style...run first, run second, and throw third. Even the spread teams in this region are only spreading the defense out to run!

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

actually shelton for creekwood is was a junior last year, an cw will have a handfull of good recievers next year, including shelton, chaz maichuk, chris elliot, daniel parker, an a couple more guys who can catch the rock! but who needs recievers when you dont pass the ball? cw pounds off tackle, block down an kick out

• 3 weeks later...

i think zach rogers is the most talented receiver, at 6'2 175 and running a low 4.4 its hard to beat him, like it was pointed out w/ dls offense he wont put up great #'s but as a freshman he had 6 tds on 9 catches and averaged just over 33 yrds per catch, look for him to be running a sub 4.4 when the season starts