4-3a

shs796

thanks for the insight, even though i dont agree with the last sentence of your post. cheatham has always been the team to try and run it down your throat. where sycamore has ussually had the athelets such as garza, lohin exc...(except when you were a war eagle!)

thanks for the insight, even though i dont agree with the last sentence of your post. cheatham has always been the team to try and run it down your throat. where sycamore has ussually had the athelets such as garza, lohin exc...(except when you were a war eagle!)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(willwinstate @ Apr 18 2007 - 08:19 AM) 826440138[/snapback]thanks for the insight, even though i dont agree with the last sentence of your post. cheatham has always been the team to try and run it down your throat. where sycamore has ussually had the athelets such as garza, lohin exc...(except when you were a war eagle!)

Even though Sycamore is a school that has produced some great student athletes like Garza, Lohin, Williams, McCain, Polk, etc. it should be noted that when they always win IT IS WHEN THEY ARE LINING UP AND HAMMERING TEAMS!!!!

When Sycamore got hot at the end of last season it wasn't because Lohin was throwing the football all over teams. I watched Sycamore beat Cheatham Co. last season. The week prior to that game I watched Sycamore on film when they mashed Marshall Co. behind a power running game led by Lohin & Carrigan. The War Eagles played very physical up front that night and both Lohin & Carrigan ran the football with authority. In the playoff games at Station Camp and at Pearl Cohn Sycamore was a team that had no problems with lining up and playing a physical brand of football.

Everyone believes that just because Cheatham Co. is a split back veer team while Sycamore has the ability to get in the shotgun and spread teams out THEY AUTOMATICALLY ASSUME THAT BOTH SCHOOLS ARE POLAR OPPOSITES OF ONE ANOTHER!!!! Last season it was Sycamore who had the back with the most rushing attempts per game STATEWIDE!!! Both Austin Lohin & Matt Carrigan went over 1,000 yards rushing this past season. Matt Carrigan was an absolute workhorse last fall and if Sycamore is going to be as successful this season it will have to be Cory Carrigan who carries the same load this season.

Sycamore has had 3 SEASONS in which they have placed 2 RUSHERS OVER 1,000 YARDS!!!! Those three seasons that this occurred is when Sycamore has been good enough to beat anyone in Class 3A on a given night.

2001: Jordon Mayo & Ray Carter (Quarterfinal loss 9-7 to state runner-up Crockett Co.)

2003: Josh Garza & Maurice Polk (2ND Round loss 23-22 to state semifinalist Greenbrier)

2006: Austin Lohin & Matt Carrigan (Quarterfinal loss 32-18 to state semifinalist Pearl Cohn)

There aren't many schools in the state that can say that they run the football like that /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Another great stat to support this argument??????

Since 2000 Sycamore has only had 1 LOSING SEASON and that came in 2005. The team started out the season great with wins over Station Camp & a playoff team in Marshall Co. That great start could be attributed to the success that Kyle Graham had rushing the football in the early part of that season. When Graham got hurt in the Harpeth game and missed the games against White House, Greenbrier, & Macon Co. is when Sycamore became a team THAT COULD NOT RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!! That showed people that despite having the ability to throw the ball somewhat out of the spread that Sycamore would have to be able to run the football if they truly wanted to beat teams.

THE SAME THING CAN BE SAID ABOUT CHEATHAM COUNTY AS WELL!!!

It doesn't matter how many passes Thomas, Piper, Conner, or Beach catch or how many passes Langley, Bell, or Christmas complete. In the end guys like Sam Reeves, Landon Jones, Brad Potts, & Cory Randolph have to be able to RUN THE FOOTBALL!!!! Otherwise the team is just a glorified 1-4 ball club at the end of 5 games as was the case this past season when Randolph had just an eyelash over 300 yards rushing through 5 games. In the Cubs final 6 games he rushed for 1,000+ yards to put him at over 1,300 yards rushing for the season.

NOW WOULD YOU AGREE????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

u guys r nuts, gaines is a major d-1 prospect, we're talikn letter from usc, tenn, florida, flor st., ohio st. he's 6'7" 330, he is a monster and will have 2 be double teamed every snap of the season. i cant' wait till that alcoa game, u guys will be very very amazed, i promise u, this team is a dynasty in the making, just watch

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Apr 20 2007 - 03:10 PM) 826441976[/snapback]u guys r nuts, gaines is a major d-1 prospect, we're talikn letter from usc, tenn, florida, flor st., ohio st. he's 6'7" 330, he is a monster and will have 2 be double teamed every snap of the season. i cant' wait till that alcoa game, u guys will be very very amazed, i promise u, this team is a dynasty in the making, just watch

I have no doubts that Gaines is a great football player nor do I have any doubts that White House will field a fine football team for the next few years to come.

However, I do have some doubts about Gaines getting letters from those schools. He is a guy with the potential to play at the next level no question about it but from what I have seen from the kid on film he is not in the league of some of the better OL/DL that have passed through the midstate in recent years (ie John Henderson). I can promise you right now that Sycamore OL/DL coach Wes Proctor, who played college football at "little ole" APSU /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , was a much better high school football player up front than "Big Daddy Gaines".

As far as the team claims to a dynasty in the making goes?????? We will just have to wait and see. It is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. My lone concern there is how in the heck are the players and coaches going to be able to win championships for the next several years when they are all having to deal with people like timbdp getting on here and bashing them all of the time. I can guarantee you that if White House wins a state title in the near future it will be BECAUSE OF COACH JEFF PORTER & HIS STAFF (NOT IN SPITE OF THEM)!!!!!!

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 20 2007 - 11:51 PM) 826442205[/snapback]I have no doubts that Gaines is a great football player nor do I have any doubts that White House will field a fine football team for the next few years to come.

However, I do have some doubts about Gaines getting letters from those schools. He is a guy with the potential to play at the next level no question about it but from what I have seen from the kid on film he is not in the league of some of the better OL/DL that have passed through the midstate in recent years (ie John Henderson). I can promise you right now that Sycamore OL/DL coach Wes Proctor, who played college football at "little ole" APSU /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> , was a much better high school football player up front than "Big Daddy Gaines".

As far as the team claims to a dynasty in the making goes?????? We will just have to wait and see. It is certainly not out of the realm of possibilities. My lone concern there is how in the heck are the players and coaches going to be able to win championships for the next several years when they are all having to deal with people like timbdp getting on here and bashing them all of the time. I can guarantee you that if White House wins a state title in the near future it will be BECAUSE OF COACH JEFF PORTER & HIS STAFF (NOT IN SPITE OF THEM)!!!!!!

you don't know what your talking about if WHITE HOUSE WINS A STATE TITLE ITS BECAUSE OF GREAT PLAYERS WHITE HOUSE HAS they play they win games

gaines could easily be playing big time college football but the coaches don't do nothing to help him

i never bash the players i know alot of them and there great players that don't get any credit for playing its only coaches getting all the credit for the wins and when they lose team is blame

Tim I really don't know why I am replying to your statement, but of course I am. Once again I played at WH and what you have to say is the farthest from the truth. You are right they do have some really good players this year and have a great chance at a state championship, but please don't start in on the coaches again. As far as the statement that Wes Proctor was better than Gaines I will have to disagree. I believe but am not sure that I played against him in 2001. Please correct me if I am wrong. He was a good player, but nowhere near the athlete or player that Gaines is now if it is who I think it is. I think he played harder than Gaines but better not even close. Not a downgrade to Proctor, but Gaines is potentially a major D1 talent. If he goes to a big school is yet to be determined.

QUOTE(josh39 @ Apr 21 2007 - 01:35 PM) 826442410[/snapback]Tim I really don't know why I am replying to your statement, but of course I am. Once again I played at WH and what you have to say is the farthest from the truth. You are right they do have some really good players this year and have a great chance at a state championship, but please don't start in on the coaches again. As far as the statement that Wes Proctor was better than Gaines I will have to disagree. I believe but am not sure that I played against him in 2001. Please correct me if I am wrong. He was a good player, but nowhere near the athlete or player that Gaines is now if it is who I think it is. I think he played harder than Gaines but better not even close. Not a downgrade to Proctor, but Gaines is potentially a major D1 talent. If he goes to a big school is yet to be determined.

Yes you played against Wes in 2001 Josh. He was #73 and played both RG on our OL & DE on our DL. He was a two-time all-state player at the Class 3A level and each year he got it was on each seperate side of the football. NOW THAT SPEAKS VOLUMES FOR HIS PLAY!!!!!

i was the center for sycamore last year and roger gaines is not that good the only thing that he has going for him is his size and that is it. first of all he is SLOW!!! he has HORRIBLE feet. he gets tired after 1 play. and he stands straight up when i fires off the football so to me he is not one of the best 3 linemen in the region

1) markesse osbourne #56 pearl cohn

2) david lane #79 sycamore

3) logan judkins #76 sycamore