4-3a

shs796

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do the 4-3A teams scrimmage this spring????? I know that Greenbrier has already scrimmaged Mt. Juliet. I know that Sycamore is having an inter-squad spring game. I believe White House is still looking for a scrimmage for the spring. I also believe that Pearl Cohn is scrimmaging Antioch sometime this spring. Who in the world does Station Camp scrimmage?????

QUOTE(Big Country @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:14 PM) 826444410[/snapback]Who do the 4-3A teams scrimmage this spring????? I know that Greenbrier has already scrimmaged Mt. Juliet. I know that Sycamore is having an inter-squad spring game. I believe White House is still looking for a scrimmage for the spring. I also believe that Pearl Cohn is scrimmaging Antioch sometime this spring. Who in the world does Station Camp scrimmage?????

white house scrimmages at gallatin this friday @ 5:oo pm

QUOTE(fbb @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:57 AM) 826444026[/snapback]i went to sycamores spring practice yesterday and david lane was absolutly killing people with no problem he will prolly go to a small d1 school like utc or austin peay

these schools are not D-1 schools,they are D-1AA,big difference

QUOTE(BDP 5908 @ May 1 2007 - 12:58 PM) 826449201[/snapback]these schools are not D-1 schools,they are D-1AA,big difference

THAT IS THE MOST IDIOTIC THING I HAVE EVER READ IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!

So you are telling me that if you play in the Sun Belt Conference (D-IA) as opposed to playing in the Ohio Valley Conference (D-IAA) then automatically you are guaranteed to be "better" as a result??????? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Tell that to D-IA North Carolina (Atlantic Coast Conference) who a few seasons ago lost to D-IAA Furman (Southern Conference) and then turned around and beat Top 5 ranked powerhouse Miami (FL) on ESPN's Saturday Night Game of the Week.

Division I college football is Division I college football. I DON'T CARE WHETHER YOUR LEVEL HAS ONE "A" OR TWO "AA" NEXT TO IT /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

QUOTE(BDP 5908 @ May 1 2007 - 11:58 AM) 826449201[/snapback]these schools are not D-1 schools,they are D-1AA,big difference

There are some differences. Not that big though. I can give you 10 or more players off the top of my head that could have starred, not just started, but starred for any D1 program, anywhere:

1. Walter Payton

2. Jerry Rice

3. Steve McNair

4. Terrell Owens

5. Curt Warner

6. Dexter Coakley

7. Rich Gannon

8. Jay Fiedler

9. Randy Moss

Well, maybe just nine, but there are more.. Lyle Alzado, Howie Long, Phil Simms, and a bunch of lineman that I can't think of..Otis Sistrunk, Ted Hendicks before Miami was The U, etc, etc. I would have rather coached a team of these guys who want it, really, really want it, rather than a team loaded with 4 & 5 * "I'm Mr. Rivals" any season of any year that my wrinkled old behind was walking a sideline. Period.

QUOTE(ruse? @ May 1 2007 - 01:51 PM) 826449257[/snapback]There are some differences. Not that big though. I can give you 10 or more players off the top of my head that could have starred, not just started, but starred for any D1 program, anywhere:

1. Walter Payton

2. Jerry Rice

3. Steve McNair

4. Terrell Owens

5. Curt Warner

6. Dexter Coakley

7. Rich Gannon

8. Jay Fiedler

9. Randy Moss

Well, maybe just nine, but there are more.. Lyle Alzado, Howie Long, Phil Simms, and a bunch of lineman that I can't think of..Otis Sistrunk, Ted Hendicks before Miami was The U, etc, etc. I would have rather coached a team of these guys who want it, really, really want it, rather than a team loaded with 4 & 5 * "I'm Mr. Rivals" any season of any year that my wrinkled old behind was walking a sideline. Period.

The main diffrence between 1-A and 1-AA is scholarships 80 to 65 This effects depth. This why when the 2 divisions play you will often see the 1-AA team compete early and fall behind late. They simply wear out. There have been teams that have pulled off the upset usually against mid major 1-A teams. Good 1-AA teams are often loaded with 1-A transefers due to the transfer down rule of being immediately eligible. The biggest factor between most 1-A and 1-AA programs is financial backing and facilities due to this financial diffrence. You do have several 1-AA teams that can compete with 1-A programs such as Montana, Furman, Ga Southern and App St. Oh yea and Mcneese St.

QUOTE(Mc cowboy @ May 1 2007 - 03:25 PM) 826449301[/snapback]The main diffrence between 1-A and 1-AA is scholarships 80 to 65 This effects depth. This why when the 2 divisions play you will often see the 1-AA team compete early and fall behind late. They simply wear out. There have been teams that have pulled off the upset usually against mid major 1-A teams. Good 1-AA teams are often loaded with 1-A transefers due to the transfer down rule of being immediately eligible. The biggest factor between most 1-A and 1-AA programs is financial backing and facilities due to this financial diffrence. You do have several 1-AA teams that can compete with 1-A programs such as Montana, Furman, Ga Southern and App St. Oh yea and Mcneese St.

TSU played a very respectable game last season against Vandy. The depth did catch up to them late and they did wear down but as far as talent on both of those teams first string players THERE WAS NOT THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

McNeese State's offensive line coach, Gerald Broussard, was my brother's O-Line Coach at UT-Martin when he was a freshman.

QUOTE(Big Country @ May 1 2007 - 08:27 PM) 826449468[/snapback]TSU played a very respectable game last season against Vandy. The depth did catch up to them late and they did wear down but as far as talent on both of those teams first string players THERE WAS NOT THAT BIG OF A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

McNeese State's offensive line coach, Gerald Broussard, was my brother's O-Line Coach at UT-Martin when he was a freshman.

I know Coach Broussard. IMO there is a diffrence when you start talking Big East and SEC type conferences compared to the 1-AA schools. The main diffrence is the size of the lineman and speed of the skill players. Usually 1-AA teams will have several big lineman. As a whole 1-A has many more freak lineman. 1-AA may have 2 or 3 studs up front while filling in holes year to year elsewhere. 1-A has studs and studs in the waiting. 1-AA does stack up very very well with Mid Major Conferences. Once again only diffrence here is number of scholarships. Occasionaly there is a very strong 1-AA team that can play with a big time school. I believe Appalachian State the last 2 years is an example of this.

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ May 2 2007 - 02:25 AM) 826449690[/snapback]i'm not tryin 2 scare anyone in anyway but i would strongly reccommend going to watch WHHS @ Gallatin, you will see what I mean if you're there.

hey ben not sure if this will be showing of how good white house will be for the upcoming season because they have about 30 players in spring sports