Softball in Moore County

Raiderfan05

I hear ya. I was very impressed with what I saw! That is the first time I've ever watched a kid for four innings and picked her up on the spot. Gives you and idea of how much she impressed me! Her parents seem to be great people as well. Trust me, I recruit parents almost as much as players! Hopefully we'll be able to teach her a little this summer and she'll be able to use it to help her during her senior season next year. I spoke with her this morning and she's excited to get started!

you selected a good one

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since my daughter started playing high school ball all I have heard is travel ball is where high schoolers start. I helped with a rec league had lots of talent but no real competition, and what about the girls that cant afford travel ball is this another area of their life that gets shut down? Affordable was one thing I had many parents discuss, we all want to do what we can for our children and make their dreams come true, and it breaks my heart to see a "true player" left behind so a travel player can have a spot.

Since my daughter started playing high school ball all I have heard is travel ball is where high schoolers start. I helped with a rec league had lots of talent but no real competition, and what about the girls that cant afford travel ball is this another area of their life that gets shut down? Affordable was one thing I had many parents discuss, we all want to do what we can for our children and make their dreams come true, and it breaks my heart to see a "true player" left behind so a travel player can have a spot.

I really don't think I understand your post. What "true player" is being left behind? I have no idea what you are talking about. At any rate, my teams have fundraisers and seek out sponsorship to fund our uniforms and tournaments. I don't leave any kid behind due to their financial situation. Never have and never will! We don't require our players to come up with any "out of pocket" money to play with us. We ask each one to try and secure a sponsor, but if they are unable, we don't kick them off the team. I'm proud that I have been given the opportunity to help these girls and if it leads to some receiving a free education from it, then I've done my job. We try to make it fun for the girls while at the same time developing friendships that will last forever. I may of mistaken your post as a shot at travel teams, but I wanted you to understand that economic status has nothing to do with how I select my players. I look for good families and talented girls that perhaps given an opportunity to improve their game may someday play at the next level.

I really don't think I understand your post. What "true player" is being left behind? I have no idea what you are talking about. At any rate, my teams have fundraisers and seek out sponsorship to fund our uniforms and tournaments. I don't leave any kid behind due to their financial situation. Never have and never will! We don't require our players to come up with any "out of pocket" money to play with us. We ask each one to try and secure a sponsor, but if they are unable, we don't kick them off the team. I'm proud that I have been given the opportunity to help these girls and if it leads to some receiving a free education from it, then I've done my job. We try to make it fun for the girls while at the same time developing friendships that will last forever. I may of mistaken your post as a shot at travel teams, but I wanted you to understand that economic status has nothing to do with how I select my players. I look for good families and talented girls that perhaps given an opportunity to improve their game may someday play at the next level.

Cascade11 sounds like you are out there for the girls but I am here to tell you that some coaches that prefer travel players and tend to give them the most play time. I am not knocking travel teams I am stating what I have seen personally.

Keep up the good work we need coaches that are out there for the girls and not just their own personal fullfillment.