6AA games next week any thoughts

thechosen1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(broadbat @ Apr 18 2007 - 07:09 AM) 826440083[/snapback]Notre Dame is definitely the favorite. Nobody has figured out how to get Sam Eberle out, and he will take them to the state championship. If the teams who know him can't get him out, teams from out of the area are in serious trouble.

he went 0-4 vs marion co. and marion had them beat from what i can tell but they had 5 errors and 5 unearned runs and lost by 3

QUOTE(thechosen1 @ Apr 18 2007 - 11:26 AM) 826440342[/snapback]he went 0-4 vs marion co. and marion had them beat from what i can tell but they had 5 errors and 5 unearned runs and lost by 3

You got bad info. ND had a couple errors late to let that score get closer than the final was. If I remember correctly, Marion never really led or threatened to take the lead. ND was the better team that day, but observers noted that Marion was young and talented and going to be tough come tourney time. Eberle has since corrected the ills of his swing since then and has two monster homeruns in the last four games and has nearly seriously hurt at least two guys with hard hit balls. I've never seen anyone hit the ball harder. I would not want to be playing third or pitching when he hits.

That said, there is still plenty of ball left.

Seeding will be very important in the district tournament. While Hixson, ER, Seq and Marion have at least two good pitchers, ND has 4 right now that are getting solid wins and throwing well.

Hollaway has beaten Gordon Lee (15-1), Baylor (7-6), Hixson (5-0) and Marion (7-4). Courter has beaten Seq (5-0 over Christy), Warren Co. (2-1), Red Bank (4-0). Ervin had a great no-decision in an eventual win over Ool, and beat Rhea Co 10-0 to avenge an earlier loss and Scott Wells is leading the city in saves.

ND has scored 83 runs in its last 5 games with wins over Rhea, Warren, Gordon Lee and Howard. That is not a misprint.

Should be fun.

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ Apr 18 2007 - 03:28 PM) 826440476[/snapback]You got bad info. ND had a couple errors late to let that score get closer than the final was. If I remember correctly, Marion never really led or threatened to take the lead. ND was the better team that day, but observers noted that Marion was young and talented and going to be tough come tourney time. Eberle has since corrected the ills of his swing since then and has two monster homeruns in the last four games and has nearly seriously hurt at least two guys with hard hit balls. I've never seen anyone hit the ball harder. I would not want to be playing third or pitching when he hits.

That said, there is still plenty of ball left.

Seeding will be very important in the district tournament. While Hixson, ER, Seq and Marion have at least two good pitchers, ND has 4 right now that are getting solid wins and throwing well.

Hollaway has beaten Gordon Lee (15-1), Baylor (7-6), Hixson (5-0) and Marion (7-4). Courter has beaten Seq (5-0 over Christy), Warren Co. (2-1), Red Bank (4-0). Ervin had a great no-decision in an eventual win over Ool, and beat Rhea Co 10-0 to avenge an earlier loss and Scott Wells is leading the city in saves.

ND has scored 83 runs in its last 5 games with wins over Rhea, Warren, Gordon Lee and Howard. That is not a misprint.

Should be fun.

it was 1-1 in the fifth and marion had 2 outs and let to fly balls drop in the outfield so u need to get your stuff straight

QUOTE(Rabble Rouser @ Apr 19 2007 - 07:17 AM) 826440892[/snapback]I guess it depends on which side of the field you were on. I stand by what I wrote. ND was the better team that day.

Notre Dame is the team to beat in the district this year. They were the better team on the field that day. I havent seen the Irish play since that time but if big Sam is starting to get the bat going, then Notre dame has got to be better now than before. I also think Marion is playing alot better now. The team is very young and is growing up fast. I think it will be like last year and these two teams will battle it out for the district crown. But I am sure the other teams in the district will have something to say about that. I honestly think that there are 4 teams that can win the tournament . Good luck to all teams the rest of the year.

QUOTE(volsbbfan @ Apr 19 2007 - 08:02 AM) 826440938[/snapback]Notre Dame is the team to beat in the district this year. They were the better team on the field that day. I havent seen the Irish play since that time but if big Sam is starting to get the bat going, then Notre dame has got to be better now than before. I also think Marion is playing alot better now. The team is very young and is growing up fast. I think it will be like last year and these two teams will battle it out for the district crown. But I am sure the other teams in the district will have something to say about that. I honestly think that there are 4 teams that can win the tournament . Good luck to all teams the rest of the year.

ND 5-2 over ER last night and they go again tonight at ER. I see where Marion wrapped up the valley half and Hixson beat Ooltewah.

I'll say it again: the tournament will be fun and seeding will be everything.

Marion did beat Grundy last night 3-2 behind Hershel Bettis. The two teams face off again tonight if the weather cooperates. Correct me if I am wrong, but does that mean that Marion gets a bye into the double elimination round of the tournament? Does it matter if Notre Dame has a better record in the district?

QUOTE(volsbbfan @ Apr 24 2007 - 12:41 PM) 826444191[/snapback]Marion did beat Grundy last night 3-2 behind Hershel Bettis. The two teams face off again tonight if the weather cooperates. Correct me if I am wrong, but does that mean that Marion gets a bye into the double elimination round of the tournament? Does it matter if Notre Dame has a better record in the district?

u are correct marion won there side last night nad the 2 winners of each side gets a bye to dbl elimination round

QUOTE(IBPoppin @ Apr 28 2007 - 12:42 AM) 826447352[/snapback]Congrat's to everyone in 6AA on a good year. Good luck in the Districts.

If I'm correct, if ND wins out, they would win their half and Marion and ND advance to the dbl elim round and ND would win the district overall with the win over Marion. anybody see it differently?