COFFEE COUNTY SPRING CLASSIC

daddyraider

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Best @ May 4 2007 - 08:01 PM) 826452057[/snapback]It's not possible for three teams out of the same district to get to regionals is it? It has to be the two best of Mt. Juliet - Hendersonville - or Wilson Central - or Beech ( or whoever) and once we get through that, the second place team has to get through Brentwood, who will be first in their district, Correct? Please explain how this works.

That's exactly how it works, as unfair as it is, only two teams come out of each district (unlike basketball, which has 4). That is why I said only three of the teams that were mentioned could possibly go to state. SAD BUT TRUE! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

QUOTE(stlbrd @ May 5 2007 - 09:00 AM) 826452321[/snapback]That's exactly how it works, as unfair as it is, only two teams come out of each district (unlike basketball, which has 4). That is why I said only three of the teams that were mentioned could possibly go to state. SAD BUT TRUE! /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />

Why does basketball send 4, and softball only 2....another TSSAA money maker?

QUOTE(hits123 @ May 5 2007 - 09:07 AM) 826452346[/snapback]Why does basketball send 4, and softball only 2....another TSSAA money maker?

Probably......I attribute it to softball being the "red headed step-child" of high school sports. As bad as it sounds.......it's probably true.

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 4 2007 - 08:47 AM) 826451487[/snapback]Being on the short end of the stick against most of these teams I believe the should be rank the following.

1. Brentwood-best tandum pitchers in the state. Each batter up and down the line up put the ball in play, very hard to strike out. In the long run this team does the best against great pitching.

2. Mt Juliet-One of the best pitchers in the state with MAC, and I believe the best power hitting team in the state. If a pitcher makes a mistake they are going to take advantage of it. I would of never bet that any team would take two out on Cat.

3. Riverdale-again one of the best pitchers in the state especially if she is getting the corners. As long as the ump doesnt bring a round plate she will dominate. Coaching and small ball will carry this team far.

4. Hendersonville-Most all around solid team. KK does not overpower teams, she make them hit her pitches. Great defense behind her, and mature bats that adjust. If you do not get ahead of this team early chances are you will lose.

5. Goodpasture-Devon has been batttling through a broken rib, but she is hitting her spots and keeping teams scoreless. The defense has stepped up and played great the last couple weeks. The bats are still question mark, and with the youth in the line-up they are just learning how to adjust to certain pitchers.

6. Beech-You never know what you are going to get with Beech. One day the can be dominating in every aspect of the game. Other days not so much. They have the best 3/4 in the state with Brooke and Colby.

Just my opinion

Guess Lockridge reads CoachT

Softball Top 10

About the poll | Discuss it!

The "Top 10" is an unscientific poll in which our prep writers, with input from area coaches, select the best teams in our coverage area regardless of classification.

1 Brentwood (5-0)

Lost a 1-0 postseason tuneup game at Goodpasture.

2 Mt. Juliet (3-2)

Aiming to beat Wilson Central for a third time today.

3 Riverdale (7-1)

Starting catcher J.P. Edwards out after appendectomy.

4 Hendersonville (7-2)

Top seed in District 9-AAA poised to make a run.

5 Goodpasture (6-1)

Shortstop Kelsey Cartwright swinging the bat well.

6 Beech (11-5)

Just finished a rigorous back end to its season schedule.

7 Rossview (9-0)

Anticipates no trouble in its District 10-AAA tournament.

8 Wilson Central (6-1)

Long shot to escape district without Sara Williams.

9 Siegel (6-0)

Beat Oakland 2-1; Riverdale up next in District 7-AAA.

10 Waverly (13-4)

Could battle rival Sycamore several times in playoffs.

QUOTE(softballscout @ May 7 2007 - 09:46 AM) 826453381[/snapback]Guess Lockridge reads CoachT

Softball Top 10

About the poll | Discuss it!

The "Top 10" is an unscientific poll in which our prep writers, with input from area coaches, select the best teams in our coverage area regardless of classification.

1 Brentwood (5-0)

Lost a 1-0 postseason tuneup game at Goodpasture.

2 Mt. Juliet (3-2)

Aiming to beat Wilson Central for a third time today.

3 Riverdale (7-1)

Starting catcher J.P. Edwards out after appendectomy.

4 Hendersonville (7-2)

Top seed in District 9-AAA poised to make a run.

5 Goodpasture (6-1)

Shortstop Kelsey Cartwright swinging the bat well.

6 Beech (11-5)

Just finished a rigorous back end to its season schedule.

7 Rossview (9-0)

Anticipates no trouble in its District 10-AAA tournament.

8 Wilson Central (6-1)

Long shot to escape district without Sara Williams.

9 Siegel (6-0)

Beat Oakland 2-1; Riverdale up next in District 7-AAA.

10 Waverly (13-4)

Could battle rival Sycamore several times in playoffs.

What do the numbers in parenthesis represent?

Regardless, they need to be updated from time to time.

• 2 weeks later...

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ Apr 29 2007 - 08:46 AM) 826447808[/snapback]You had a great post. Has anyone found the TWO HOME RUN BALLS hit off Cat last night? I hear they are still going ....going ....going.... gone!!!!!!!!!

I think my friend Ms. Swing was in a bad mood, but this loss will get them prepared for their usual upset loss in the post season.

Then their entire team will be voted to the MTSCA all star team.

Riverdale Goes To State!

I didn't know CROW had any fat? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Riverdale 2, Ooltewah 0

QUOTE(ERA @ May 18 2007 - 09:53 PM) 826462400[/snapback]Riverdale Goes To State!

I didn't know CROW had any fat? /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Riverdale 2, Ooltewah 0

Wow ERA....aka.....Ms. Swingaway you just beat the 4th or 5th best team in the state and only 2-0. NOT THAT IMPRESSED.

By the way, that picture looks like your brother/husband.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 18 2007 - 10:13 PM) 826462427[/snapback]Wow ERA....aka.....Ms. Swingaway you just beat the 4th or 5th best team in the state and only 2-0. NOT THAT IMPRESSED.

By the way, that picture looks like your brother/husband.

If that's the best you got, I'm disappointed. Dang, you can dish it out but can't take it. One and done, I believe is what you said. I thought you would man up better than that! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(ERA @ May 18 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826462447[/snapback]If that's the best you got, I'm disappointed. Dang, you can dish it out but can't take it. One and done, I believe is what you said. I thought you would man up better than that! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I didn't say one and done, but I will still say you will not win the state. You had two good hits tonight. That will not get it done. You also have to play across town and not at your home turf with your officials.

I DID LIKE THE PICTURE. You must have been waiting to bring that one out.

QUOTE(justchewinfat @ May 18 2007 - 09:45 PM) 826462479[/snapback]I didn't say one and done, but I will still say you will not win the state. You had two good hits tonight. That will not get it done. You also have to play across town and not at your home turf with your officials.

I DID LIKE THE PICTURE. You must have been waiting to bring that one out.

OFFCIALS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT GAME in fact the only questionable call (1st base) went against RIVERDALE also you said 4th or 5th best state and you win 2-0 and that is it well last time i checked a win against a QUALTIY opponent like that is really good is it not? so what should the score have been against the 4th best team in the state?

also the Ootlewah short stop made some really good plays tonight too

QUOTE(ERA @ May 18 2007 - 10:22 PM) 826462447[/snapback]If that's the best you got, I'm disappointed. Dang, you can dish it out but can't take it. One and done, I believe is what you said. I thought you would man up better than that! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I like the picture!!!!