Goodpasture

topnight

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BulldawgDynasty @ Apr 23 2007 - 10:39 PM) 826443884[/snapback]what will all be legal?

Some people think that if Brentwood Academy wins the legal battle then they will somehow make recruiting legal in the TSSAA. How people think that Brentwood Academy will somehow get the power to controll all the actions of the TSSAA is beyond me....

QUOTE(lmsaint79 @ Apr 24 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826444396[/snapback]no the reason people think the tssaa will go out of buisness is if BA wins then tssaa would have to pay BA's legal fees which are around 3 mil. and the tssaa only has about 1.8 mil. in assets so that would force the tssaa to go out of buisness

The TSSAA is part of the Tennessee Government. IE if they run out of money then hypothetically the State will give them money. I don't see the TSSAA going out of business and even if they do there has to be an organization for high school sports that is sponsored by the state. Basically i don't see where people get the idea that if Brentwood wins then they will somehow take over the TSSAA and be able to make new rules like "anyone can recruit" or my favorite "all potential five star athletes must go to brentwood". I don't see any way that Brentwood could ever weild that kinda power.