State Champs ?

Foul Ball

QUOTE(canadian @ Apr 21 2007 - 11:10 AM) 826442377[/snapback]Trust me I was bein sarcastic. You cant get ready for the good teams in AA playin sorry single A teams

We'll lets be really sarcastic and say, McMinn Central

QUOTE(Took @ Apr 27 2007 - 11:15 PM) 826447326[/snapback]not sure what tourney you were at.. they finished second and only lost the championship by one or two runs.. im not saying they will win state, just saying you need to get you facts straight

Go Rockwood, those kids can play with anybody in A

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rockwood's ace lefty shutdown Loudon 6-0 today on a 4 hitter. The Tigers are 20-8, undefeated in district and region play, and have lost only one two games to single A opponents (both in the Lookout Valley Tournament). Their biggest loss was 8-2 to a good Anderson County team that will challenge for the AA championship. In that game the tigers committed several errors and gave the mavs at least 6 unearned runs! They lost by 3 to Mt Pleasant (pitching a sophomore) by 2 to Columbia Academy (in extra innings), by 1 to Webb (after blowing a 4 run lead late) by 1 to Kingston, by 2 to Loudon, by 2 to Rhea County. and by 1 to Alcoa (pitching a guy who had never started and only had pitched 4 innings all yr). They also beat Kingston, Rhea County and Loudon thus gaining splits with them for the season. The tigers have only scored less than 10 runs in a distrcit game one time (beating Grace 9-4). THe district tournament should be a cakewalk and the region should as well. That would put the tigers hosting a sectional game which should give them the edge they need to make it to the state. From there its anybody's guess what will happen.

QUOTE(theFREAK_3 @ Apr 22 2007 - 11:31 AM) 826442832[/snapback]rockwood has a great hittimg team, but once they play teams like summertown and such they wont be able to hit there way to victory....not to say that there d is weak but ive played against them and they only have one true pitcher thats gonna be able to hold off summertown and teams from middle tennessee...they might get a win in the first round but even that is doubtful, if the had coach lane i would say they could get a win at state but probly not now....from that region i think it will be oliver springs and rockwood both making it to state....oliver springs has some nice nice pitching...probly got two if the best pitchers in the state and a kid named bunch who will get the job done....they are a streaky hitting team so there pitching always keeps them in it, now i know i sound oz fan but in fact i hate them...im from kingston and i played against there second best pitcher #7....and he had a no hitter until the 4th....we beat rockwood so that tells you how good we are, and dont forget they have leach in front of him, they are great when they pitch and very good when bunch takes the mound.

but we will see

Buddy don't go into the sports reporting business or the scouting business either! Oliver Springs hasnt got a prayer against Rockwood! They played twice and Rockwood won by a combined 29-0! You may not be able to hit Oliver Springs pitching but Rockwood has run ruled them twice! And if you had been at the games you would have found that Rockwood cleared their bench in both games or it could have been much much worse! Rockwood didnt pitch their ace (Zach Breazeale) in either start. If you play for Kingston, let me remind you that he beat you guys when he pitched against you and he shutdown Loudon today 6-0 on a complete game 4 hitter. How did Kingston fair against Loudon this yr? Also, if OS does have such good pitchers that they are hiding in reserve, how are they going to score any runs against the tigers? In the two run ruled beatings they took in the regular season were they also hiding all their good hitters? Inquiring minds want to know.

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Apr 28 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826447595[/snapback]ask any kid on the team how long they played together that year. so it was luck when we beat you but all talent when you beat us. for the ones of us that were actually there and know ANYTHING about baseball it was three very tight, well played ballgames. i don't know where you come up with the yelling thing. the only time i recall anything getting dicey is when your fans came over to put the championship banner up behind our fans right before we came back and beat you. know tell me how classy that was. i hope the wild kid is still doing well and the rest of their players, they deserve it. as for the punk comment, if the shoe fits, you know the rest.

if i recall right and i do, the parents didn't put any banner, they didn't have a banner to put up. none of the parents had a banner, noone even had a banner out until we won. i remember it like it was yesterday, the boys were walking up the hill and the lexington fans and players were standing on and near the bleachers on the first base side of mckamis semkowski yelling comments that they never should have been said. there are still people from the town, not related to the baseball team at all that talk about how what was said that night. it will never be forgotten here, but i guess it's easy for you because you know it was wrong so why would you want to remember it. and i have not resorted to callin names here and to me it is pretty immature that you jump to that its just like you shouting out after the game. you feel big because your are saying it, but you know that you will not amount to anything. and if you think i am a player its pretty sad that you would call me a punk, hope your happy with yourself.

QUOTE(utilityplayer00 @ Apr 29 2007 - 12:51 AM) 826447779[/snapback]if i recall right and i do, the parents didn't put any banner, they didn't have a banner to put up. none of the parents had a banner, noone even had a banner out until we won. i remember it like it was yesterday, the boys were walking up the hill and the lexington fans and players were standing on and near the bleachers on the first base side of mckamis semkowski yelling comments that they never should have been said. there are still people from the town, not related to the baseball team at all that talk about how what was said that night. it will never be forgotten here, but i guess it's easy for you because you know it was wrong so why would you want to remember it. and i have not resorted to callin names here and to me it is pretty immature that you jump to that its just like you shouting out after the game. you feel big because your are saying it, but you know that you will not amount to anything. and if you think i am a player its pretty sad that you would call me a punk, hope your happy with yourself.

I am pretty sure that if you look back at who started this slurring it would be YOU right after I paid Morristown a compliment. You obviuosly must have been hallucinating if you don't think they were trying to put the championship banner up in the 6th inning before we came back and tied it and eventually won that game. That is probably were the "so called" name calling took place and it was probably more like "save that banner for tomorow, because it's not happening tonight". I sat on the front row in my chair right next to the fence on the first base side every game and I never heard anyone, from either side, say anything to another fan. Now I wouldn't say that nothing was said to the umpires, from either side, but that was a different story. But anyway this topic was supposed to be about possible high school state champions, not little league champions from 2002. I apologize to all who have been distracted from the original topic and will stick to the topic from now on. I would also apologize to any Morristown fans if they felt disrespected in any way. That was a great team and I am sure they are probably still very good today. Hope to see you in the 'Boro. Get back with me if you make it there UP00. We'll find a place to go and rehash this over a cold snack.

Oh yea. GO HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS!!!!

QUOTE(winatallcost10 @ Apr 30 2007 - 12:39 PM) 826448399[/snapback]Does anyone think anyone out of Middle Tennessee besides Oakland has a shot? What about Smyrna or Beech. Smyrna can beat just about anyone with Sonny Gray on the mound.

Excellent question.

Smyrna IS good and Sonny is awesome to watch. But Sonny can't pitch every inning. (But, I promise, they really do have other good players, too.)

Beech has a lot of senior experience and some decent pitching. If not this year, it may be awhile before the Bucs are there again, so there's motivation.

But Oakland looks good this year. I've only seen them twice (as many times as I've seen Beech and Smyrna) and was very impressed both times.

I think the game to see would be an Oakland vs. Smyrna title game. (Sorry, Bucs.)

QUOTE(HSsportznut @ Apr 28 2007 - 11:21 PM) 826447709[/snapback]Rockwood's ace lefty shutdown Loudon 6-0 today on a 4 hitter. The Tigers are 20-8, undefeated in district and region play, and have lost only one two games to single A opponents (both in the Lookout Valley Tournament). Their biggest loss was 8-2 to a good Anderson County team that will challenge for the AA championship. In that game the tigers committed several errors and gave the mavs at least 6 unearned runs! They lost by 3 to Mt Pleasant (pitching a sophomore) by 2 to Columbia Academy (in extra innings), by 1 to Webb (after blowing a 4 run lead late) by 1 to Kingston, by 2 to Loudon, by 2 to Rhea County. and by 1 to Alcoa (pitching a guy who had never started and only had pitched 4 innings all yr). They also beat Kingston, Rhea County and Loudon thus gaining splits with them for the season. The tigers have only scored less than 10 runs in a distrcit game one time (beating Grace 9-4). THe district tournament should be a cakewalk and the region should as well. That would put the tigers hosting a sectional game which should give them the edge they need to make it to the state. From there its anybody's guess what will happen.

I love how you have an excuse for everytime you've been beat. hahaha. It doesnt matter that you blew a 4 run lead or pitched some kid that never pitches...you lost. dont make excuses.

QUOTE(JohnDoe @ May 1 2007 - 06:12 AM) 826448898[/snapback]I love how you have an excuse for everytime you've been beat. hahaha. It doesnt matter that you blew a 4 run lead or pitched some kid that never pitches...you lost. dont make excuses.

There is no excuses for losing.. just stating some factors is what sportznut was doing.. good luck to all A teams

QUOTE(NEWSTANG @ Apr 30 2007 - 10:30 AM) 826448254[/snapback]I am pretty sure that if you look back at who started this slurring it would be YOU right after I paid Morristown a compliment. You obviuosly must have been hallucinating if you don't think they were trying to put the championship banner up in the 6th inning before we came back and tied it and eventually won that game. That is probably were the "so called" name calling took place and it was probably more like "save that banner for tomorow, because it's not happening tonight". I sat on the front row in my chair right next to the fence on the first base side every game and I never heard anyone, from either side, say anything to another fan. Now I wouldn't say that nothing was said to the umpires, from either side, but that was a different story. But anyway this topic was supposed to be about possible high school state champions, not little league champions from 2002. I apologize to all who have been distracted from the original topic and will stick to the topic from now on. I would also apologize to any Morristown fans if they felt disrespected in any way. That was a great team and I am sure they are probably still very good today. Hope to see you in the 'Boro. Get back with me if you make it there UP00. We'll find a place to go and rehash this over a cold snack.

Oh yea. GO HUNTINGDON MUSTANGS!!!!

there were no parents who had a banner. so i promise sir there was noone hangin it up. i would very much like to meet you in 'boro; just so you could see that the team was better then and they are better now.