Beech Vs. Smryna (2nd game)

divingcatch14

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(thevet10 @ Apr 25 2007 - 03:18 PM) 826445206[/snapback]Beech will come out on top for many reasons but one of them is that the bucs are rolling and they always play well in the past at Smryna....and don't forget Beech was 3-0 against Grey until he beat them this last go around

Gray 2-0 on the year vs. BEECH! Good job Smyrna way to pull threw in the clutch

Exactly like I said. Game swings on an error. Smyrna scores an unearned run to win it. But Beech's only run was unearned. Also, I still stand by the "neither team is definitively better." Grey may be an equalizer but Smyrna got 10 legit hits off of Brady Frey. But Frey made a believer out of me for sure. He had average stuff at best last night...not his best stuff, and he still found a way to keep them in the game. Great situational pitching and he deserves a big hand for that effort. That kid is mentally tough and will be excellent for a long time. The funny thing is that everyone said Smyrna was weaker from top to bottom. The bottom of the line-up is where their runs came from. Beech is good...very good. Smyrna is good...very good. Both have great pitching. Both hit the ball. But don't penalize a team and call them average because they have a great pitcher. Many teams have won the state tournament with one solid pitcher. You just tip your cap to them because they are the best that year. Sonny has started 4 district games now and Smyrna is 3-1 in those games. Other pitchers have started 5 games and Smyrna is 5-0 in those district games. They can win even when Sonny is not pitching. That doesn't sound like a one player team to me.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826445745[/snapback]Exactly like I said. Game swings on an error. Smyrna scores an unearned run to win it. But Beech's only run was unearned. Also, I still stand by the "neither team is definitively better." Grey may be an equalizer but Smyrna got 10 legit hits off of Brady Frey. But Frey made a believer out of me for sure. He had average stuff at best last night...not his best stuff, and he still found a way to keep them in the game. Great situational pitching and he deserves a big hand for that effort. That kid is mentally tough and will be excellent for a long time. The funny thing is that everyone said Smyrna was weaker from top to bottom. The bottom of the line-up is where their runs came from. Beech is good...very good. Smyrna is good...very good. Both have great pitching. Both hit the ball. But don't penalize a team and call them average because they have a great pitcher. Many teams have won the state tournament with one solid pitcher. You just tip your cap to them because they are the best that year. Sonny has started 4 district games now and Smyrna is 3-1 in those games. Other pitchers have started 5 games and Smyrna is 5-0 in those district games. They can win even when Sonny is not pitching. That doesn't sound like a one player team to me.

I agree with you justafanman. It was a great game and will be every time they play this year but last night it was the Bucs defence that kept them in this game. I do tip my hat to the Bulldogs . They hit the ball 1-9 and Sonny had good stuff last night throwing from 91-94. Congratulations Bulldogs.

One last thing. Grizzard from Beech needs to be commended. That play in the gap in the 6th inning was UNBELIEVABLE. That kid was at full speed on the crack of the bat it seemed like. Sprinting into the gap he makes a play look almost routine, that most rightfielders wouldn't be even close enough to dive at. AWESOME play. Glad I got to see it.

QUOTE(justafanman22 @ Apr 26 2007 - 08:26 AM) 826445745[/snapback]Exactly like I said. Game swings on an error. Smyrna scores an unearned run to win it. But Beech's only run was unearned. Also, I still stand by the "neither team is definitively better." Grey may be an equalizer but Smyrna got 10 legit hits off of Brady Frey. But Frey made a believer out of me for sure. He had average stuff at best last night...not his best stuff, and he still found a way to keep them in the game. Great situational pitching and he deserves a big hand for that effort. That kid is mentally tough and will be excellent for a long time. The funny thing is that everyone said Smyrna was weaker from top to bottom. The bottom of the line-up is where their runs came from. Beech is good...very good. Smyrna is good...very good. Both have great pitching. Both hit the ball. But don't penalize a team and call them average because they have a great pitcher. Many teams have won the state tournament with one solid pitcher. You just tip your cap to them because they are the best that year. Sonny has started 4 district games now and Smyrna is 3-1 in those games. Other pitchers have started 5 games and Smyrna is 5-0 in those district games. They can win even when Sonny is not pitching. That doesn't sound like a one player team to me.

smyrna is definetly not a one player team but his 3 -1 record is against the best teams. Thats what your ace does beat the best teams throwing their best pitchers making him have to be on every game because their ace will keep smyrna runs down also. I dont know the scores in those 5 wins but I would guess they were not one and 2 run total games.

with sonny on the mound smyrna can beat anybody so they have a good chance to make a run

Congrats to Smyrna. Beech played well but Smyrna played better and that is what championship teams do. Flat out Smyrna wanted more than Beech did! Beech had oppurtunity after oppurtunity to score ( i think it was every inning?) and they could not put hits together. Especially in the first inning when the lead-off got on second to start the game and did not move! Smyrna played well and wanted it more! Congrats We will prolly see a rematch in the district tournament! Maybe an even better game

QUOTE(whooleyman07 @ Apr 26 2007 - 06:25 PM) 826446206[/snapback]Congrats to Smyrna. Beech played well but Smyrna played better and that is what championship teams do. Flat out Smyrna wanted more than Beech did! Beech had oppurtunity after oppurtunity to score ( i think it was every inning?) and they could not put hits together. Especially in the first inning when the lead-off got on second to start the game and did not move! Smyrna played well and wanted it more! Congrats We will prolly see a rematch in the district tournament! Maybe an even better game

First off it doesnt get much better of a game than that.. Beech is an excellent!! team and I tell you what that Grizzard kid is the real deal.. Smyrna had 10 hits which should have been 14 they 4 complete shots and Beech made just outstanding plays, and those spectacular players were with runners going to score so the game could have been worse for Beech .. And to give Beech credit its hard to get multiple hits of a kid throwing consistantly 92-94 with a nasty ######.. Great game both teams