Who are the moast overrated teams in the state this year

easttnref

QUOTE(govols17 @ Apr 26 2007 - 10:04 PM) 826446515[/snapback]I guess you could say that PF is having a down year, they did lose 8 senior starters from last year, but have still had an excellent year given the circumstances. Once again, they can't help what district and region they are in, but Elizabethton is no pushover. Also, I do realize having played club with kids from Catholic, CAK, Bearden, Farragut etc. that there is no comparison in the level of competition that PF consistently faces- which is the basis of this argument and your previous one. Just tired of reading about Seymour kids talk about stuff that they have no clue about, and I mean when was the last time that they beat PF anyway?

well first off i am not a seymour kid but i do get to see them play alot and as far as the rest of your comments keep talking i truly do believe seymour is a better soccer team than pigeon forge all they do is play kickball it was early in the year when you played seymour and pigeon forge won but my thoughts are like this seymour was still adjusting to their new coach and now that they have they play soccer not kickball and are disciplined which were not characteristics of the team pigeon forge faced the 2nd game of the season but you keep your ranking and cakewalk district and region but come tournament time seymour will be ready which is all that matters

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BigG @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:11 AM) 826446601[/snapback]Since when does Seymour have a new coach? What happened to Coach Williams?

they have a new assistant Bobby Norwood he has been with them all year and knows the game well

QUOTE(turbocab @ Apr 27 2007 - 06:41 AM) 826446624[/snapback]I think he has an assistant/trainer that really knows the game. Hence the improvement over the past few years.

nope no trainer who knows the game

QUOTE(SHSEAGLE55 @ Apr 27 2007 - 08:22 AM) 826446720[/snapback]They keep williams around just to drive the bus! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

wbcsoccer11 are you a seymour parent?

nope i am an ex player but never had the honor of playing for Mr. Williams i am from another era

Hey guys. I've been running around this forum for a while looking for good conversation, debate and stats on soccer, not to hear you run down people. I don't think anyone should use this message board to personally attack anyone else. First of all, these soccer players are teenagers who should not be identified by name and should not be derided personally for any reason. Save it for the locker room or hall, but don't get ugly on a public forum. It is bad form, unbecoming and makes you look small. Maybe we need some coaches to scrutinize what the players are posting, but the discussion should be about soccer and not personal. Where are you coaches?

Second, I especially don't appreciate the comment about Coach Williams. He is an adult, a teacher, a coach, an authority figure, and deserves our respect. If it wasn't for Coach Williams, where would the Seymour soccer program be? Coach Williams stepped into the coaching vacancy, admitted he might not have as much experience as some, but was willing to make the sacrifice of his personal time, his family time, and endure a lot of stress and extra work, just so the Seymour kids could have a soccer team. He has accomplished a great deal in his tenure and, obviously, will leave, if he is leaving, the program in better condition than when he took over. He deserves our thanks and respect.

Like it or not, when you are growing up you have to learn to respect authority. We will never know everything any of the coaches has to put up with just so we can all enjoy high school soccer. I appreciate the job Coach Williams has done, as well as the time he has put into the program. So let's stop the personal attacks and focus on mature, responsible dialogue. I want to learn more about Tennessee soccer. Let's keep it on the high road.

QUOTE(Cretinfromthesticks @ Apr 27 2007 - 01:09 PM) 826446870[/snapback]Hey guys. I've been running around this forum for a while looking for good conversation, debate and stats on soccer, not to hear you run down people. I don't think anyone should use this message board to personally attack anyone else. First of all, these soccer players are teenagers who should not be identified by name and should not be derided personally for any reason. Save it for the locker room or hall, but don't get ugly on a public forum. It is bad form, unbecoming and makes you look small. Maybe we need some coaches to scrutinize what the players are posting, but the discussion should be about soccer and not personal. Where are you coaches?

Second, I especially don't appreciate the comment about Coach Williams. He is an adult, a teacher, a coach, an authority figure, and deserves our respect. If it wasn't for Coach Williams, where would the Seymour soccer program be? Coach Williams stepped into the coaching vacancy, admitted he might not have as much experience as some, but was willing to make the sacrifice of his personal time, his family time, and endure a lot of stress and extra work, just so the Seymour kids could have a soccer team. He has accomplished a great deal in his tenure and, obviously, will leave, if he is leaving, the program in better condition than when he took over. He deserves our thanks and respect.

Like it or not, when you are growing up you have to learn to respect authority. We will never know everything any of the coaches has to put up with just so we can all enjoy high school soccer. I appreciate the job Coach Williams has done, as well as the time he has put into the program. So let's stop the personal attacks and focus on mature, responsible dialogue. I want to learn more about Tennessee soccer. Let's keep it on the high road.

guessing that ur a parent?