Knox Webb @ Bearden

brick25

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a great game with Webb scoring on the last play of the first half and Bearden scoring on the first play of the second. Ryan's goal was an absolute rocket and the keeper couldn't see it untill the last second. I want to throw out major Kudos to both teams defences. Bearden shut down the Webb forwards who never really got a good shot off. Webb's had some great orgainzation and new exactly how to defend Bearden's long kicks and throw-in plays. The majority of the time they have great communication and seemed to out smart the Bearden attack. But what else can use say. Bearden always finds a way to win.

QUOTE(informed @ May 1 2007 - 10:49 PM) 826449561[/snapback]No, it was the coach who was messing with the speakers. Perhaps he forgot he was a visitor (guest) and shouldn't be touching that which doesn't belong to him.

Coach (I) went there only after a Bearden player turned the speaker directly towards our bench. Coach Turner and I are fine. It is kind of obnoxious, but I can understand that why he doesn't want just anyone handling it. Just point it across the field and away from us next time.

Bearden played an excellent second half to beat us. We had our chances but couldn't quite deliver. I hope we can learn a thing or two from this game.

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 1 2007 - 08:40 PM) 826449551[/snapback]so does anybody have a foul/card report on how many marvin got??

R.U.R.

Enough is enough! We all know you have personal issues with Marvin. Grow up and get over it! How may soccer scholarships have you turned down? Marvin has! How may selective universities have accepted you (Vanderbilt, University of Virginia, Air Force Academy)? In your eyes, his play may appear dirty. His future, however, is bright. In a couple months he'll be washing his dirty laundry at the US Military Academy at West Point studying to become a leader in protecting your freedom/right to openly bash him. Our prayer is that you will get over your bitterness.

Enjoy your future!

Marvin's Dad

(First and last-time poster)

QUOTE(Trinity3 @ May 2 2007 - 09:23 AM) 826449781[/snapback]R.U.R.

Enough is enough! We all know you have personal issues with Marvin. Grow up and get over it! How may soccer scholarships have you turned down? Marvin has! How may selective universities have accepted you (Vanderbilt, University of Virginia, Air Force Academy)? In your eyes, his play may appear dirty. His future, however, is bright. In a couple months he'll be washing his dirty laundry at the US Military Academy at West Point studying to become a leader in protecting your freedom/right to openly bash him. Our prayer is that you will get over your bitterness.

Enjoy your future!

Marvin's Dad

Marvin is a great player and alot of people in Knoxville think the same thing. I have enjoyed watching him play for many years and he is a great competitor. Congratulations to Marvin (and proud family) on getting the appointment to West Point. Good Luck and ignore the ankle biters!

QUOTE(shoehp @ May 2 2007 - 11:05 AM) 826449898[/snapback]Marvin is a great player and alot of people in Knoxville think the same thing. I have enjoyed watching him play for many years and he is a great competitor. Congratulations to Marvin (and proud family) on getting the appointment to West Point. Good Luck and ignore the ankle biters!

I agree, I have played with and against Marvin since I was about 11, he is a great player!! Congrats to Marvin

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 1 2007 - 10:40 PM) 826449551[/snapback]so does anybody have a foul/card report on how many marvin got??

There was 1 yellow given to a Webb player- not sure who it was, but I believe it was a defender. I thought the game was very clean on both sides. Aggressive, yes- but that is how most soccer is played anymore. As far as the comments about Marvin I must say that I was amazed by any negative comment about this young man. I have enjoyed watching him play since he was 10 years old, and I was there watching the entire final game of a State Championship that his team won as U-11 boys. My son played on the same team. Last night I got to see the two of them play against each other. They still play the same way! Marvin is a high pressure player, but I have never, ever seen him do anything that is dirty or cheap. Has he fouled someone?- of course he has, along with every single person who has ever played soccer. It happens! I have always seen him as a class act and I always will. The fact that he is going to West Point states volumes about his character!!

R U R- maybe you should think about the things you say before you say (or post) them!!

Webb has a great team- I wish them to best!!

QUOTE(Trinity3 @ May 2 2007 - 07:23 AM) 826449781[/snapback]R.U.R.

Enjoy your future!

Marvin's Dad

well...i guess i picked the wrong person to criticize. im sure marvin is a great guy off the field, dont get me wrong...and i still think he's a good player. however, in my opinion (SOLEY SOCCER!!!) i think he can play dirty at times, and that is my opinion and im entitled to it. i will concede though and say again that i think he is a very talented player and obviously does great things outside of soccer. please no one else respond about this issue...it's done.