How long will the JCM Cougars be down

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(The Green Machine @ May 4 2007 - 10:52 AM) 826451607[/snapback]Yanker, did you go to the scrimmage, what happened? I know that you do not put much stock int he spring game, but to take a thumping like that, ouch. How many players were we missing? Sounds like Bolivar was missing a few as well.

I have been a supporter of JCM athletics for years and I am just wondering if there is any hope for next season on the football field or is it going to be another year like last. We have the athletes and as much as I know the Yanker will disapprove, I think it is time to find a new direction for our program, and ultimately it is up. Right now we are heading down and after last season, I thought that up was the only way left but after the scrimmage, I am left wondering if we are not still going backwards.

QUOTE(The Green Machine @ May 9 2007 - 09:02 AM) 826455272[/snapback]I have been a supporter of JCM athletics for years and I am just wondering if there is any hope for next season on the football field or is it going to be another year like last. We have the athletes and as much as I know the Yanker will disapprove, I think it is time to find a new direction for our program, and ultimately it is up. Right now we are heading down and after last season, I thought that up was the only way left but after the scrimmage, I am left wondering if we are not still going backwards.

The YANKER did not attend the scrimmage. I rarely go to scrimmages any more...Spring or Fall. It is hard to get a true feel for the team in a scrimmage. I do not like Jamborees for the same reason. I am a positive thinker, so I refuse to accept that things look badly. I support the current coaching staff and will support the next one whenever that occurs. It does not help the team to bash our program, so the YANKER chooses not to do so. You are certainly welcome to express your opinion. You are a Cougar fan and I thought you expressed your concern in an appropriate manner. I just do not think that it helps the players to voice doubt in the coaches or doubts for next season. I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ May 9 2007 - 09:53 AM) 826455333[/snapback]The YANKER did not attend the scrimmage. I rarely go to scrimmages any more...Spring or Fall. It is hard to get a true feel for the team in a scrimmage. I do not like Jamborees for the same reason. I am a positive thinker, so I refuse to accept that things look badly. I support the current coaching staff and will support the next one whenever that occurs. It does not help the team to bash our program, so the YANKER chooses not to do so. You are certainly welcome to express your opinion. You are a Cougar fan and I thought you expressed your concern in an appropriate manner. I just do not think that it helps the players to voice doubt in the coaches or doubts for next season. I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I understand what you are saying but I do support our players, and I want them to have every success that they are capable of achieving. I am not blaming the coaching alone, but with all of the talent that we have, there has got to be some reason for us not being any better than we are, Maybe and hopefully it was just a single bad year, as I do not dislike coach Hampton, but even the Prophet agrees that we at JCM have more talent than anyone in the region and yet we won just one game last season.

We supposedly had two studs last year and they were non factors in too many games. It is a coaches reponsibility to put them in places where they are a huge factor, I mean they are both good enough to play on Saturdays.

QUOTE(The Green Machine @ May 9 2007 - 10:26 AM) 826455362[/snapback]I understand what you are saying but I do support our players, and I want them to have every success that they are capable of achieving. I am not blaming the coaching alone, but with all of the talent that we have, there has got to be some reason for us not being any better than we are, Maybe and hopefully it was just a single bad year, as I do not dislike coach Hampton, but even the Prophet agrees that we at JCM have more talent than anyone in the region and yet we won just one game last season.

We supposedly had two studs last year and they were non factors in too many games. It is a coaches reponsibility to put them in places where they are a huge factor, I mean they are both good enough to play on Saturdays.

I like you my "Geenful Friend". The YANKER knows you support the players and we BOTH want them to experience success. I would not recommend listening to the "clueless" anti-one...he despises JCM!! One of the "studs" to which you refer is back, along with our normal array of talent...plus I hear a tansfer from Riverdale. Hopefully we can build a good team around those guys and coach them well enough to compete for the region title. That is the YANKER's hope!! I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I agree with you Yanker, scrimmages are just that. They don't mean anything there is alot of things that can change before the first game. Its funny how fans want to dog a team when they have a bad year, when their team just started winning again. If this school system get all the kinks worked out we would see a few teams in Jackson go deep in the playoffs each year.

QUOTE(gohawks @ Jun 2 2007 - 10:07 AM) 826470448[/snapback]I agree with you Yanker, scrimmages are just that. They don't mean anything there is alot of things that can change before the first game. Its funny how fans want to dog a team when they have a bad year, when their team just started winning again. If this school system get all the kinks worked out we would see a few teams in Jackson go deep in the playoffs each year.

The fact that you agree with the Incomparable YANKER is evidence of your brilliance my "Hawkishly Familiar" friend!!! The YANKER agrees...there are a LOT of kinks...but should they get worked out...there are several teams in Jackson that will be tough to handle. The Hawks have been the most consistent lately. I do not believe that anyone outside of Jackson truly understands what we have to go through here to compete with the rest of you. I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ Jun 7 2007 - 09:15 AM) 826472472[/snapback]The fact that you agree with the Incomparable YANKER is evidence of your brilliance my "Hawkishly Familiar" friend!!! The YANKER agrees...there are a LOT of kinks...but should they get worked out...there are several teams in Jackson that will be tough to handle. The Hawks have been the most consistent lately. I do not believe that anyone outside of Jackson truly understands what we have to go through here to compete with the rest of you. I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone noticed that "The Yanker" has never explained whether his forum name refers to his origins or his hobby ?

QUOTE(Augielio @ Jun 7 2007 - 10:11 AM) 826472496[/snapback]Has anyone noticed that "The Yanker" has never explained whether his forum name refers to his origins or his hobby ?

YANKER comes from my father who is referred to as YANK, as he is from the North. This has been well documented in much earlier posts. My name is not only a forum name but it is what those closest to me have always called me for as long as I can remember. If you have a question for the YANKER, then ask it , without any potentially crude references. This is a high school football forum. If you know anything about it, try that topic on your next post. I AM THE IMPERIOUS YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!