How long will the JCM Cougars be down

It was a strange year in Jackson this past season, JCM always one of Jackson's best teams was one of the least impressive in 2006 and I am just curious, will this remain a constant, and why the reversal of powers in Jackson. What seems to be the problem at JCM and what can be done to fix it. I was glad to see the turn around of Northside and Southside is always solid but the real surprise is the rapid descent of JCM. They seemed to have the athletes that would make them competitive but there was obviouslly a problem. Is there any reason to expect this to turn back around.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(the prophet @ May 1 2007 - 11:32 AM) 826449105[/snapback]It was a strange year in Jackson this past season, JCM always one of Jackson's best teams was one of the least impressive in 2006 and I am just curious, will this remain a constant, and why the reversal of powers in Jackson. What seems to be the problem at JCM and what can be done to fix it. I was glad to see the turn around of Northside and Southside is always solid but the real surprise is the rapid descent of JCM. They seemed to have the athletes that would make them competitive but there was obviouslly a problem. Is there any reason to expect this to turn back around.

What happened at JCM last season was the exception...not the rule. There is no need for alarm! Those calling for our demise are simply HOPING for it!! When we lose for 4-5 seasons in a row, then we have a problem...at the moment, there is not a problem in sight. Speaking of a team losing for 4-5 or 9-10 seasons in a row...does that sound familiar, my "bottom feeding" expert of a friend????? I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ May 1 2007 - 11:38 AM) 826449114[/snapback]What happened at JCM last season was the exception...not the rule. There is no need for alarm! Those calling for our demise are simply HOPING for it!! When we lose for 4-5 seasons in a row, then we have a problem...at the moment, there is not a problem in sight. Speaking of a team losing for 4-5 or 9-10 seasons in a row...does that sound familiar, my "bottom feeding" expert of a friend????? I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I have opened a forum for you Yanker, feel free to converse away. Alarmed is an interesting choice of words. Alarmed is just what Cougar fans need to be, there should be a sence of urgency in JCM country.

QUOTE(the prophet @ May 1 2007 - 12:02 PM) 826449138[/snapback]Now that I have opened a forum for you Yanker, feel free to converse away. Alarmed is an interesting choice of words. Alarmed is just what Cougar fans need to be, there should be a sence of urgency in JCM country.

JCM will rebound. The school system here is really screwed up. JCM is paying for poor administrative decisions outside of football. Coach Hampton will have em back this year.

QUOTE(crusader @ May 1 2007 - 12:16 PM) 826449149[/snapback]JCM will rebound. The school system here is really screwed up. JCM is paying for poor administrative decisions outside of football. Coach Hampton will have em back this year.

Talk about excuses, Is Southside and Northside and LIberty, not in the same system? Norhtside has made great strides and 2 years ago, they had two coaches.

QUOTE(cougarmike @ May 1 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826449237[/snapback]Don't look for JCM to be down long. I think last year was an exception and not the rule. What a region JCM, Hardin, Henry Co., and now Munford, any of these teams could be contending for the region title. I believe they will be in the hunt.

The YANKER could not agree with you more my "Cougarring Mike" of a friend!!! Even though you are the wrong brand of Cougar...you are at least a Cougar...and that makes you smarter than my "unpatriotically clueless" friend to the North!!! I AM THE YANKER!

PS...Are you finished with Spring practice? If so, how did it go?

QUOTE(the prophet @ May 1 2007 - 12:56 PM) 826449198[/snapback]Talk about excuses, Is Southside and Northside and LIberty, not in the same system? Norhtside has made great strides and 2 years ago, they had two coaches.

I am parent at Liberty. We also had 2 coaches for a couple of years. The politics is terrible. I am not making excuses for anybody. I am telling you what happened at JCM

QUOTE(crusader @ May 1 2007 - 08:22 PM) 826449456[/snapback]I am parent at Liberty. We also had 2 coaches for a couple of years. The politics is terrible. I am not making excuses for anybody. I am telling you what happened at JCM

I know that the coaching situation in the Madison county school system is terrible, it is neglectful to the student athletes.

QUOTE(cougarmike @ May 3 2007 - 01:31 PM) 826450927[/snapback]Yanker what happened with Bolivar?

As I have stated before, the YANKER puts little stock in Spring practice or scrimmages...those in the Spring and those in the Fall. Athletes are involved in Spring sports and NOTHING is on the line. In the Fall, scrimmages are important, but it is unimportant who wins or loses or even what the score may be. Therefore, the YANKER does not know what happened with Bolivar, nor do I care. We will be ready when something really matters!! How was your Spring or have you started yet? I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE(Yanker @ May 3 2007 - 01:44 PM) 826450936[/snapback]As I have stated before, the YANKER puts little stock in Spring practice or scrimmages...those in the Spring and those in the Fall. Athletes are involved in Spring sports and NOTHING is on the line. In the Fall, scrimmages are important, but it is unimportant who wins or loses or even what the score may be. Therefore, the YANKER does not know what happened with Bolivar, nor do I care. We will be ready when something really matters!! How was your Spring or have you started yet? I AM THE YANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love how people decide they wanna downplay losses but i have to agree with the yanker u rarely ever get to see teams at full strength at these spring games for instance bolivar played without a starter in the backfield (QB baseball TB injury FB death in family) only one at reciever and with afew missing from the defense i would love for us to get together in the season i hear bolivar has had trouble filling their schedule since they arent an easy win anymore we should really check this out