Oakland vs. Lawrence Co.

magoo043

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(magoo043 @ May 11 2007 - 02:55 PM) 826457409[/snapback]what?? no Lawrence Co. people on here????

haha well I'm not a Lawco person but I've seen them play a few times this year. They are a decent team with the strength def. being on offense. They have a few kids who can swing the bat, most notably the number four hitter Hartsfield (8-AAA MVP). The number 2 or 3 hitter and third baseman was ejected in the first of two games the 8-AAA championship so I think he has to sit out the region game which hurts Lawco offensively and defensively...the leadoff hitter Orry Blackwood puts the ball in play and gets on base more often than not and can cause some problems on the bases. They seem to make mistakes on defense when the ball is put in play and I believe Oakland will put it in play against Beasley. Beasley throws alot of curveballs for strikes and the ball is usually put into play....if he is hitting the corners with his fastball he can be more effective.....I think Oakland wins this one fairly easy but you never know. And I'm not trying to throw jabs at Lawrence County, but after watching Oakland play I just dont' believe Lawco matches up very well with Oakland (who does really). Good luck to both teams.

QUOTE(magoo043 @ May 11 2007 - 03:05 PM) 826457420[/snapback]What was he ejected for? How did they do in the regular season in district play?? overall record?

It was Clay Brown...the number two hitter....he was caught at the plate and he slowed down like he was just going to let the catcher tag him but at the last minute decided he was going to give a nice shove.....borderline....but he shouldn't have done it....the Lawco coach didn't even argue....he just got on to his player.........umm I believe they were 9-3 in district play and were 22-9 overall.

QUOTE(tennesseelofton @ May 11 2007 - 08:04 PM) 826457583[/snapback]Who is the two main pitchers for this team?? How fast does Oakland's #1 throw?

Here IMO is what makes Oakland so tough: Oakland pretty much has 3 guys that you can put on the hill and feel good about your chances to get a win. You have Brett Wilson, who started the season as a #3, who looked near unhittable. Tyler Burnett doesnt have real good stuff, but he gets the job done. I would imagine Barnes would pitching, given that he is healthy, he averages about 10k or so an outing. Im not for sure, but I think Marcus throws in the high 80's or low 90's