Region 4 A/AA

expo

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LA Portland game was an excellent game in my opinion. Possession was surprisingly even. The real battle was the midfield. LA held Portland scoreless while missing crucial opportunities (including a missed PK and a bad touch on a through-ball in the 2nd half). Then in the second half when both teams started wearing down Portland started getting more opportunities. Although the LA keeper had some amazing saves, Portland was able to put one in from a direct kick from 19 yards out which bounced in off the crossbar and later putting it away by finishing a header. I believe the game was a lot closer than the score revealed. It did not get dirty or out of hand. It was just an all around well played game by both teams and congratulations to Portland. They are certainly a classier team than Stationcamp and I wish them luck against them.

LA fought hard but I tend to disagree with the fact that it was a midfield battle. LA plays more of a longball type of offense so they pretty much played over their midfield. the scoreboard didn't say how the night went. LA should have a score on there but I also think that portland should have had more than two. I was incredibly impressed with LA's class after the game. after the game, when LA had lost and their season was over, I don't think I saw a single tear in their eyes. they looked at portland and all they told portland to beat station camp. they didn't hang thier heads, they didn't whine over the game. amazing. LA, you showed more class than any other team we've played this season. don't think portland didn't notice it

QUOTE(soccerislife8944 @ May 16 2007 - 04:13 PM) 826460433[/snapback]LA fought hard but I tend to disagree with the fact that it was a midfield battle. LA plays more of a longball type of offense so they pretty much played over their midfield. the scoreboard didn't say how the night went. LA should have a score on there but I also think that portland should have had more than two. I was incredibly impressed with LA's class after the game. after the game, when LA had lost and their season was over, I don't think I saw a single tear in their eyes. they looked at portland and all they told portland to beat station camp. they didn't hang thier heads, they didn't whine over the game. amazing. LA, you showed more class than any other team we've played this season. don't think portland didn't notice it

Portland and livingston was a great game. I would have rather seen them play in the region finals, but oh well. I hope portland takes care of business against station camp. Thanks for recognizing livingston's class after the game. You guys showed alot too.

QUOTE(ajc @ May 17 2007 - 09:22 PM) 826461522[/snapback]Station Camp defeated Portland tonight with PKs 5-4, tied 1-1 when it went to PKs. I'm not sure how to enter that into the scoreboard. Someone who is smarter than me can do it. Congrats to the Bison.

it goes down has a 2-1 win