Rutledge vs Elizabethon

baseballss07

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another complete game by a Cyclone pitcher. Scott Burleson goes the distance. Gibbs up next for the orange and black. Big crowd tonight on the River. Will be even bigger friday night! Home sectional game the night before graduation.

Go Clones!! Led by the ten seniors, this team is standing tall.

And as for the best sophomore in the state, he may very well be 13 in orange and black.

Elizabethton took Rutledge to the HOUSE! Etown-9; Rutledge-1. Our boys came out ready to hit last night - a big game at the plate from P. Smith, two doubles and two RBI's. Jarrod Payne & Cody Marley also had 2 RBI's apiece. Eliz. only had one error and one strikeout all game...they were ready to play last night!!! Rutledge didn't do too bad at bat, just had a little trouble in the field with errors. The board said they had nine, but I beg to differ that a few of the bunts that were called errors were base hits. Tell me what ya think!!

Elizabethton will play at home on Friday night (probably around 7PM) against Gibbs. Be there!

GO CYCLONES!!!!!

QUOTE(CycloneFan @ May 16 2007 - 10:00 PM) 826460871[/snapback]Another complete game by a Cyclone pitcher. Scott Burleson goes the distance. Gibbs up next for the orange and black. Big crowd tonight on the River. Will be even bigger friday night! Home sectional game the night before graduation.

Go Clones!! Led by the ten seniors, this team is standing tall.

And as for the best sophomore in the state, he may very well be 13 in orange and black.

I agree, we just might have the best sophomore, most definitely the best one i've seen.

QUOTE(baseballss07 @ May 17 2007 - 10:21 AM) 826461095[/snapback]Who pitched for Rutledge? Did Elizabethon just hit it good or were there alot of errors or what?

whoever is #16 is who pitched. not sure of his name.

QUOTE(tntrash20 @ May 17 2007 - 12:59 PM) 826461126[/snapback]I agree, we just might have the best sophomore, most definitely the best one i've seen.

whoever is #16 is who pitched. not sure of his name.

Rutledge started #5, Dalton. He was relieved ( I think) in the 5th by #16. Rutledge committed 5 errors. Two on bunts but there were plenty of base hits as well.

And thanks Fan. I was the only dumba** who would do it after 4 games of silence on our home field last season. The regulars were too good for us.