marion vs meigs

thechosen1

QUOTE(luvbball @ May 15 2007 - 09:25 PM) 826459788[/snapback]who says they will throw there number 2????? Didnt Shaw throw in the tourn when Central went down in 8 on 2 past balls 3-2??? And didnt Mcminn split w/Meigs in the season?? and didnt Mcminn beat Meigs to force a if nec. game??? and didnt Marion beat Shaw 1-0???? But yea Mexican u could b right it could end in 5 but I think the Warriors will make trip neway!!

GeorgeW says that even though its likely that Mexican is illegal and has no papers, he is right most of the time.. Fight the TERR!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(mexican @ May 15 2007 - 02:28 PM) 826459574[/snapback]Meigs will win in 5 innings. After seeing Marion last nite, the Warriors would finish 4th in District 5AA. No contest. Roberts may throw a no hitter. Marion got a gift last nite, but it won't happen against Meigs.

If Marion County would finish 4th in the district where would that put McMinn Central? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

QUOTE(MIKE LINEBACKER @ May 15 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826459992[/snapback]Honestly, why would you throw your number 2 guy? This game isn't as important as Friday's which is a given. Marion will throw 3, 4, or 5 which are as good as any.

If you win you host and that's better than traveling, besides if you have a couple of good pitchers you throw your #2 tonight and your #1 again Friday with 3 days rest. If Marion's 3,4 and 5 are as good as their #1 and #2 then they either don't have anyone that stands out or they're truly blessed with lots of good pitchers. But as they say, that's why you play the games.

QUOTE(MIKE LINEBACKER @ May 15 2007 - 10:38 PM) 826459992[/snapback]Honestly, why would you throw your number 2 guy? This game isn't as important as Friday's which is a given. Marion will throw 3, 4, or 5 which are as good as any.

Ask Central about last years region championship game and not throwing your best. Had to travel to Goodpasture in sectional and faced Logan Darnell, Kentucky signee. He beat Chargers by himself. Notre Dame wins region championship game and advances to state. The game tonight is very important. Yes, you save your number one for Friday, but you throw Johnny Allstaff tonight to secure a win. Again, Meigs will have no problem with Marion.

QUOTE(mexican @ May 16 2007 - 08:39 AM) 826460084[/snapback]Ask Central about last years region championship game and not throwing your best. Had to travel to Goodpasture in sectional and faced Logan Darnell, Kentucky signee. He beat Chargers by himself. Notre Dame wins region championship game and advances to state. The game tonight is very important. Yes, you save your number one for Friday, but you throw Johnny Allstaff tonight to secure a win. Again, Meigs will have no problem with Marion.

I disagree my ole friend. I think it will be a good game Marion is on a roll and they have beaten some good teams this year and we both know that Meigs is streaky. I think it depends on what team shows up for Meigs, there was a couple times they have come out flat IMO especially against Central and Polk. Also with Roberts pitching your putting Watson at short which could bite them. Tyler needs to dominate the game. If Marion puts alot of balls into play I think they will win. Meigs struggles at times, like I said very streaky especially on defense. Good luck Meigs!

QUOTE(TheOldScout @ May 16 2007 - 07:54 AM) 826460092[/snapback]I disagree my ole friend. I think it will be a good game Marion is on a roll and they have beaten some good teams this year and we both know that Meigs is streaky. I think it depends on what team shows up for Meigs, there was a couple times they have come out flat IMO especially against Central and Polk. Also with Roberts pitching your putting Watson at short which could bite them. Tyler needs to dominate the game. If Marion puts alot of balls into play I think they will win. Meigs struggles at times, like I said very streaky especially on defense. Good luck Meigs!

I agree, as I said yesterday Meig's defense is not as good with Roberts on the mound (for reasons you pointed out). I do have to say that Watkins has seemed to realize that he can't be as "all-out" at SS as he tended to play earlier in the year (by this I mean he seems to be slowing down just a bit to more cleanly get the ball out and make a throw with less velocity to first thus diminishing the risk of throwing the ball away). Meig's really misses Howie Meadows behind the plate and his bat in the line-up (although he DH'd against ND and nearly jacked one, don't know if they plan to do the same tonight). Should be a good game if Roberts is "on" and the bats stay hot.

QUOTE(mexican @ May 16 2007 - 07:39 AM) 826460084[/snapback]Ask Central about last years region championship game and not throwing your best. Had to travel to Goodpasture in sectional and faced Logan Darnell, Kentucky signee. He beat Chargers by himself. Notre Dame wins region championship game and advances to state. The game tonight is very important. Yes, you save your number one for Friday, but you throw Johnny Allstaff tonight to secure a win. Again, Meigs will have no problem with Marion.

Rodney Dangerfield 7

Meigs 5

Marion doesn't throw number 2 guy and still wins. Imagine that!! Mexican don't play the lotto tonight your numbers are all wrong.

QUOTE(MIKE LINEBACKER @ May 16 2007 - 06:53 PM) 826460568[/snapback]Rodney Dangerfield 7

Meigs 5

Marion doesn't throw number 2 guy and still wins. Imagine that!! Mexican don't play the lotto tonight your numbers are all wrong.

Where does that put Meigs or McMinn Central if they were in Marion's district? Maybe the bottom two?!!! Great Job Warriors!! Just continue play one game at a time.

QUOTE(mexican @ May 15 2007 - 01:28 PM) 826459574[/snapback]Meigs will win in 5 innings. After seeing Marion last nite, the Warriors would finish 4th in District 5AA. No contest. Roberts may throw a no hitter. Marion got a gift last nite, but it won't happen against Meigs.

Mexican,

Here's you a towel. Try and wipe all that EGG off of your face!