FARRAGUT VS BEARDEN

ktownman

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(R.U.R. @ May 16 2007 - 10:24 PM) 826460713[/snapback]at least bearden FINALLY doesn't have a big game w/homefield advantage....they've had the big one's there all year long.

I think Bearden's wider field benefits Farragut's possession style of play. This one will be interesting.

QUOTE(Hoya @ May 17 2007 - 07:03 AM) 826460985[/snapback]I think Bearden's wider field benefits Farragut's possession style of play. This one will be interesting.

i see where you're coming from...but i think it is more helpful to bearden because it is also a fairly short field, making it easier to transition(kick and run) and counter attack.

Final

Bearden 4

Farragut 1

Goal #1-BHS- Keeper for Farragut came out about 25 yards and ended up kicking it right to a Bearden guy. Guy shoots the ball into wide open goal.

Goal #2-BHS- Keeper for Farragut comes out but is a little late and Bearden guy gets the ball and goes right around him.

Goal #3-BHS- Bearden guy gets ball and runs and shoots and scores.

Goal #4-FHS- Good cross and Farragut guy kicks it in.

Goal #5-BHS- A possible offsides, but no call. Bearden guy shoots and scores.

Goals Called Back (Would have been goals #6 & #7 for the game)

Goal #1-FHS- Good direct kick, bounces off of keeper right to Farragut guy. Ref calls offsides after ball is in the back of the net.

Goal #2-FHS- Ball is bouncing around and basically the same thing as called back goal #1. Farragut is called offsides.(Definitely not as bad of a call from my perspective as the 1st called back goal)

I don't really think you can say Bearden "dominated", but they were def. the better team. Farragut had the ball near the box alot just never really got anything. Bearden just took advantage of every chance they had.

Edit: I forgot to add that there was what me and basically everyone around thought was a fairly obvious hand ball in the box. It was after BHS was up 2-0 and about 2 minutes before BHS scored #3.

Just got back from the game. Bearden looked like the better team and finished all of thier chances. First half Bearden scores three decent goals could have two more. Farragut goalie was non existent. Bearden keeper played very well and with a lot of heart, something to be expected in one of the most heated and heralded rivalry games in the state. Second half Farragut came out strong and scored early on a nice volley. Bearden came back and scored on another breakaway. Farragut had a majority of the other chances and two were called back. First one was definetly not offsides, Backstrom took a good free kick BWalk came up with the save but drew put it in. there was no way he was off sides. 2nd goal was probally off. the guy came from out-off-bounds to flick it on for the back post finish. Either way bearden deserved to win. Good luck to both teams for the rest of the way.

QUOTE(ihavenofriendzz @ May 17 2007 - 08:58 PM) 826461400[/snapback]Final

Bearden 4

Farragut 1

Edit: I forgot to add that there was what me and basically everyone around thought was a fairly obvious hand ball in the box. It was after BHS was up 2-0 and about 2 minutes before BHS scored #3.

Wow! Farragut did not get a PK this game!

QUOTE(ShowTime3 @ May 17 2007 - 09:20 PM) 826461423[/snapback]Wow! Farragut did not get a PK this game!

I don't get it, but no they did not. There have been plenty of games where Farragut did not get a PK. Let's see. Karns, South Doyle, CAK, Harrison(GA). Both of the PKs that Farragut got in the 2 previous meetings with Bearden were good calls. This was just a no call. So they should have had a PK.

Are you trying to say that the refs help Farragut? It was far from that this game.