Unaka and Richlands

corndogman

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They may have not ever won a game, but they have blown leads late every year down there (just ask Huntingdon about last year.) Pitching isn't quite as strong, but the number 2 is almost as good as the number 1, so isnt much drop off. They can hit real well, and have been playing real good defense as of late. I dont know anything about Richland other than it seems they sing the bats pretty good and they are fairly young. That is Unaka's advantage. They have the advantage of experience, and I believe if they get up on the Raiders early and dampen their spirts, then the Rangers can pull it off. But I think it will be a very good game... Any info on Richland???

QUOTE(runninthebases @ May 20 2007 - 12:14 AM) 826463180[/snapback]they are a good fastball hitting team but have trouble hitting left handed pitching. Number three through five batters swing the bat well.

So if you throw some junk in there, you might be ok? What about their pitching? And do how do they field? How do they do if you put them in a hole?

QUOTE(crazzyness @ May 20 2007 - 01:49 AM) 826463186[/snapback]So if you throw some junk in there, you might be ok? What about their pitching? And do how do they field? How do they do if you put them in a hole?

they upset a good nashville christian team. strenght is hitting, good fastball hitting team with some power junker or lefty with good breaking ball and movement will give them trouble. they are very good in the infield and behind the plate. one very good pitcher don't know if he will throw the first game.

QUOTE(baller79 @ May 20 2007 - 12:50 AM) 826463202[/snapback]they upset a good nashville christian team. strenght is hitting, good fastball hitting team with some power junker or lefty with good breaking ball and movement will give them trouble. they are very good in the infield and behind the plate. one very good pitcher don't know if he will throw the first game.

I bet they will throw him unless he threw an obsene amount of pitches on Friday... But thanks.

QUOTE(crazzyness @ May 19 2007 - 10:59 PM) 826463207[/snapback]I bet they will throw him unless he threw an obsene amount of pitches on Friday... But thanks.

I dont know in the past that may have been the case BUT this year no one is elminated on the first day i think some coaches might pitch the guy who did not pitch on friday and use them on wed give them another days rest..in the past if you lost the first one you played that night so to me it was more important to try and win the first one this year if you lose the first day you dont play til the next either way so i think more cocahes might give the guy the extra day rest

well at least i would

QUOTE(riverdaleman @ May 20 2007 - 01:12 AM) 826463214[/snapback]I dont know in the past that may have been the case BUT this year no one is elminated on the first day i think some coaches might pitch the guy who did not pitch on friday and use them on wed give them another days rest..in the past if you lost the first one you played that night so to me it was more important to try and win the first one this year if you lose the first day you dont play til the next either way so i think more cocahes might give the guy the extra day rest

well at least i would

Good point... But I would still try my best to win that first game and get into the winners bracket... Can't wait to see a few ballgames at that fine facility of yalls down there in Riverdale.