Congrats Rutledge

BP Man

Congrats to the Rutledge High Senior class,you boys have gotten 100 wins together,won 4 district championships,been to the sectionals 2 straight years"no one other team has done this",I think the only other team in the sectionals was in 2003 with a 5-3 loss to Seymour,you all have nothing to be ashamed of,you had a great team and a great run while at Rutledge.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU GUYS IN COLLEGE,

Jon Dalton =Walters State

Joe Horsely and Eric Kitts= LMU I think knew you were talking to them.

Steven Starbird= Berra or LMU

Mitch Morgan < Do these guys have any offers yet.

Dustin Dalton

Andrew Myers

We love you all.

QUOTE(SCARfan1624 @ May 20 2007 - 04:37 PM) 826463510[/snapback]Didn't Pigeon Forge win at least two of the last four District 2AA titles? Just curious.

Rutledge has had some great teams.

Amend it to say Rutledge has won outright or shared regular season title the last 5 years in a row...that's with two different coaching staffs as well.

QUOTE(KevB1990 @ May 24 2007 - 08:35 PM) 826466311[/snapback]Amend it to say Rutledge has won outright or shared regular season title the last 5 years in a row...that's with two different coaching staffs as well.

I would consider the district tournament champion the real champion. I was really suprised Rutledge was unable to make a run to state these last few years, they always had a lot of talent.

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 24 2007 - 10:58 PM) 826466501[/snapback]I would consider the district tournament champion the real champion. I was really suprised Rutledge was unable to make a run to state these last few years, they always had a lot of talent.

Why play a regular season at all then? It's the same on every level...even the pros have division champs...

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 25 2007 - 06:56 PM) 826467148[/snapback]Because you can't share a district tournament championship, who wants to share...

You didn't answer my question...why even play the regular season at all? I think we are all aware that you can't share a tourney title.

QUOTE(auburn08 @ May 26 2007 - 10:37 AM) 826467462[/snapback]To help seed for the district tournament. The regular season of proffesional sports are basically meaningless and only serve to set up the postseason.

Exactly...they are to seed for the postseason, but there again you win 25 games and only lose 1 or 2 in the district and no one else is better or someone has an identical record then there's the title of regular season champs.

Which by the way TSSAA still recognizes with a plaque of some sort if I'm not mistaken. We all know that the tournament is the great equalizer for teams that didn't have a chance to do as well for whatever reason in the regular season. It's tricky on when a team peaks too early or just at the right time.

To say it's meaningless to the kids that went out there and did their jobs in order to earn the top seed is a slap in their faces. I daresay any other team would welcome 5 consecutive district titles in regular season play, outright or shared, even though their ultimate goal is to play in the state championship tournament.

QUOTE(KevB1990 @ May 26 2007 - 10:25 PM) 826467813[/snapback]Exactly...they are to seed for the postseason, but there again you win 25 games and only lose 1 or 2 in the district and no one else is better or someone has an identical record then there's the title of regular season champs.

Which by the way TSSAA still recognizes with a plaque of some sort if I'm not mistaken. We all know that the tournament is the great equalizer for teams that didn't have a chance to do as well for whatever reason in the regular season. It's tricky on when a team peaks too early or just at the right time.

To say it's meaningless to the kids that went out there and did their jobs in order to earn the top seed is a slap in their faces. I daresay any other team would welcome 5 consecutive district titles in regular season play, outright or shared, even though their ultimate goal is to play in the state championship tournament.

I have never seen a plaque recognizing regular season champs, I could be wrong though. All I was trying to say is that it doesn't really matter what you do in the regular season as long as you peak in the postseason and can continue onward towards state. Real champions step up when it matters and that is in the playoffs.