CPA/CAK game

tnfootball99

QUOTE(Nashville Panther @ May 23 2007 - 10:02 PM) 826465767[/snapback]A great game. A nice gesture to meet up before the match.

A question about that pre-game gathering. Is this a common occurance for CAK and CPA to have fellowship with their opponents? I am sure some of their District/ Regional opponents are wondering - why not us??

Would CPA consider DCA, MLK, ezell their Brothers???

The coaches knew each other, and discussed it with their teams. We both thought it would be a great idea to try, and it ended up being so. Whether or not it gave us a disadvantage or not, I still would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Nashville Panther @ May 23 2007 - 11:02 PM) 826465767[/snapback]A great game. A nice gesture to meet up before the match.

A question about that pre-game gathering. Is this a common occurance for CAK and CPA to have fellowship with their opponents? I am sure some of their District/ Regional opponents are wondering - why not us??

Would CPA consider DCA, MLK, ezell their Brothers???

Dont get CPA wrong they do consider the opponents in their district as brothers but when we played CAK last year we were very impressed by their sportsmanship. It looked to me that they understood how to exemplify Christ on the field which is are mission too. There were no cheap fouls in last years or this years game. No yellow cards or unsportsmanship just clean hard soccer. It was fun to play that type of game. Every other game the other teams just pounded on us and then we retaliated with fouls. Not saying that the initial fouls or retaliation by us is justified. It just that in every game in our district both us and the other team looked for ways to get away with a cheap foul or two. By no means am i saying CPA is perfect and Im sure that CAK is not perfect. If we were in the same district Im sure the game would have had some cheap fouls. But we are not in the same district which made it all the more easier to play a soccer game in a way that represents Christ. Congrats on the win CAK I just wish it turned out a little different. I hope you win state again but even if you dont I think we won something much more important on the field last evening. Thats all I have to say.

QUOTE(UGArocks @ May 24 2007 - 04:23 PM) 826466218[/snapback]Dont get CPA wrong they do consider the opponents in their district as brothers but when we played CAK last year we were very impressed by their sportsmanship. It looked to me that they understood how to exemplify Christ on the field which is are mission too. There were no cheap fouls in last years or this years game. No yellow cards or unsportsmanship just clean hard soccer. It was fun to play that type of game. Every other game the other teams just pounded on us and then we retaliated with fouls. Not saying that the initial fouls or retaliation by us is justified. It just that in every game in our district both us and the other team looked for ways to get away with a cheap foul or two. By no means am i saying CPA is perfect and Im sure that CAK is not perfect. If we were in the same district Im sure the game would have had some cheap fouls. But we are not in the same district which made it all the more easier to play a soccer game in a way that represents Christ. Congrats on the win CAK I just wish it turned out a little different. I hope you win state again but even if you dont I think we won something much more important on the field last evening. Thats all I have to say.

Very well said.