Covington HS football

mpm

Are you serious this guy wasnt even a good coach he rode the coat tails of what Jake Linville and Marty Wheeler built im glad to see him go and maybe he will take his playbook consisting of full back dive on all four downs with him

Well, who did the Chargers hire? I know the job was offered to someone.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you serious this guy wasnt even a good coach he rode the coat tails of what Jake Linville and Marty Wheeler built im glad to see him go and maybe he will take his playbook consisting of full back dive on all four downs with him

won alot of games to be riding a coat tail. Murphee was a good coach just had less talent then jake

Every now and then someone gets on here and makes absolutely stupid comments. Sounds to me like Charger06 is a disgruntled ex-player who didn't get the playing time he thought he deserved. I followed the progress of Coach Murphree over the 2 years he was there and he took 2 teams with not alot of talent to the semi-finals and quarter-finals. But to back up a bit, no one on here even mentions the man who brought back the winning tradition to Covington and that was Coach McFerran back in the mid 90's. Coach Linville kept it going and so did Coach Murphree. And needless to say, none of these men would have been as successful as they were if not for the dedicated staff they all had and the fact that they were able to convince the players to buy into their system. Covington football needs to continue their success and hopefully everyone will back the new coach, whoever he might be. I heard a new man was selected today. Anyone know anything about this??

Every now and then someone gets on here and makes absolutely stupid comments. Sounds to me like Charger06 is a disgruntled ex-player who didn't get the playing time he thought he deserved. I followed the progress of Coach Murphree over the 2 years he was there and he took 2 teams with not alot of talent to the semi-finals and quarter-finals. But to back up a bit, no one on here even mentions the man who brought back the winning tradition to Covington and that was Coach McFerran back in the mid 90's. Coach Linville kept it going and so did Coach Murphree. And needless to say, none of these men would have been as successful as they were if not for the dedicated staff they all had and the fact that they were able to convince the players to buy into their system. Covington football needs to continue their success and hopefully everyone will back the new coach, whoever he might be. I heard a new man was selected today. Anyone know anything about this??

New guy was the former defensive coordinator at Donelson Christian. He met with the coaches and players for the first time today. He is a pro I guy and a 4-3 defensive guy!

yeah, he was just some ole coach at DCA either.....he won two state titles, and in 2004 had #1 ranked defense in state.......in all classifications......should be an exciting year for the boys down in Covington /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well, who did the Chargers hire? I know the job was offered to someone.

It is my understanding that the head coach from Donaldson Christian has been hired to take over the Charger job. I don't even know his name, but would appreaciate any input from others on who he is and what kind of coach he might be.

It is my understanding that the head coach from Donaldson Christian has been hired to take over the Charger job. I don't even know his name, but would appreaciate any input from others on who he is and what kind of coach he might be.

He was their defensive coordinator, a Dickson County graduate. His name is Brian Beaubien and he should do a great job and he is great guy period.

DCA's loss is Covington's gain. Coach Beau is ready to be a head coach. He works harder in the film room than any high school coach I have ever known. His D is complicated but very effective at the HS level if you have the talent and smarts to master it. It is an attack D with lock down corners. Corners will actually learn how to play the position (or not play). Safeties must be smart and physical, they have to be able to support run and tackle. Weak side linebacker must be able to run, as he has a lot of ground between himself and the sideline. Helps to have a couple of studs at DE. I would expect his offense to be a Pro I balanced between run/pass (of course depending on talent at QB).

DCA's loss is Covington's gain. Coach Beau is ready to be a head coach. He works harder in the film room than any high school coach I have ever known. His D is complicated but very effective at the HS level if you have the talent and smarts to master it. It is an attack D with lock down corners. Corners will actually learn how to play the position (or not play). Safeties must be smart and physical, they have to be able to support run and tackle. Weak side linebacker must be able to run, as he has a lot of ground between himself and the sideline. Helps to have a couple of studs at DE. I would expect his offense to be a Pro I balanced between run/pass (of course depending on talent at QB).

Thanks for the input. It sounds like he will be a great find for Covington. The Covington defense has been our strong point for a couple of years, even though we seem to be known as a high-powered offensive machine. Hopefully our D can convert right over to his system and continue shutting down other offenses.

I am looking forward to meeting Coach Beaubien. He is going to have to hustle to get the Chargers ready to start scrimmages in August.

Man if you only knew a good coach that moves a all state middle linebacker to Defensive end threatens to bench him says a good qb is unathletic at the banquet could give a crap less about what his senior class did and yes we had talent maybe some of us need to move on from the Coach McFerran era and if you are trying to imply that Linville rode McFerrans coat tails than you my not so friend are sadly mistaken yes i might have not played that much but thats not the point running players till they have to to the hospital isnt a good coach a good coach dosent run full back dive 95 percent of the time a good coach dosent run a fake punt on the 3 yrd line that if we didnt run maybe we wuld have beaten dyersburg a good coach dosent try to run a a guard around trick play twice in a game buy into his system what system what a joke im done posting on this needless to say i didnt play that much under jake either but i would take a bullet for him or wheeler so you need to get your stuff straight before quoting something I said boy /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Punctuation can be your friend.

Punctuation can be your friend.

Touche! In 4 years of reading Coach T, that's the best retort I have read! Wish I had thought of it. Perhaps Chargers06 would have got more playing time if he hadn't been studying for English class all the time. I don't have the heart to ask him if he graduated. I'm sure there are some other Covington grads out there--people who can construct sentences--who hope he did not.