16U State Tourney..............

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach...

I completetely agree!

I don't really understand why teams don't

1) It's not that expensive, especially when you consider you really get two tourneys for the price of one in substate and state

2) It doesn't interfere with National events, as you can choose your substate dates (and we have hit all the major events for the last 5 or 6 years, and still played AAU)

3) It is not that far to travel to since Substates can be local, and even States aren't far away

4) There are many major teams out there that do both the Travel and Nike circuit (if Boo Williams can do it year in year out, anyone can)

5) Many of the major programs in TN that are not playing 16 and 17s, are still playing AAU in 15u (Travs, Celts, Mavs)

Coach, I have an idea but I don't know if we could get enough participation but:

June 30 (Saturday) do a 1 day, 3 game event with all the top teams in the State, 16u and 17u

Probably in Nashville or Dickson, something centrally located.

Just Top 8 teams in 17u, and Top 8 team in 16u

And only charge like $75-100 per team just to cover officiating costs, so cost isn't an issue

It would be a Battle of the State type deal, but also a good warm up for July circuit, and doesn't conflict with HS team camps

What do u think??

The Travelers do play AAU in 16-u and 17-u. Both of those teams play in the AAU Super Showcase in Orlando each year. The 14's and 15's play the substate and state. Both qualified for nationals. The 15's will also play in the AAU Super Showcase as part of the Junior Olympics in Knoxville.

QUOTE(TheNatural @ Jun 4 2007 - 09:15 PM) 826471386[/snapback]Pool A

W #1 Memphis Y

E #1 Ballerz

C #2 Rage

C#3 Thunder 2010

Pool B

C #1 Fire

E #2 Flight (Dropped out)

W #2 Idlewild (Dropped out)

C #4 Future Stars

The only team that is ranked (from dre's site) that can play AAU is Chatty Thunder.. The others did not play AAU-Celtics, Southeast Elite, Travelers, Midsouth Prospects. Any of those would be great filler teams!!

Which Memphis Y team is playing this weekend? Is it the team with Leslie Mcdonald on?

QUOTE(justinclaybrook1 @ Jun 5 2007 - 07:31 PM) 826471794[/snapback]memphis y is the team leslie mcdonald is on but i still think THE TENNESSEE FIRE ARE GOING TO WIN STATE led by BIG GUARD adrian williamson /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

QUOTE(Icy @ Jun 5 2007 - 09:58 PM) 826471840[/snapback]/laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

thats funny 2 you? the fire led by adrian williamson is one of the favorites to win this tournament along with the ballers led by skyler macbee those are two the best prospects in the tournament

QUOTE(justinclaybrook1 @ Jun 5 2007 - 10:31 PM) 826471891[/snapback]thats funny 2 you? the fire led by adrian williamson is one of the favorites to win this tournament along with the ballers led by skyler macbee those are two the best prospects in the tournament

Really, I didn't know that, where can I find that information about them being one of the favorites to win the tournament.