86 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the favorite in 2007?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If FACS beats Bishop Bryne this friday, they should be considered a contender this year. Very potent offense and a stable of five or six good running backs and they have three QBs who can all pass the ball well. St. George is beatable (lack of depth and their offense is Cowen and Jennsen, although very good athletes that's about it) and Davidson is certainly not the team they have been in the past. Harding and SBEC are unknowns at this point, they need to beat someone of strength to know how good they are just like FACS. Although FACS has scored 100 points those games were against weak teams.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TheMagician

If FACS beats Bishop Bryne this friday, they should be considered a contender this year. Very potent offense and a stable of five or six good running backs and they have three QBs who can all pass the ball well. St. George is beatable (lack of depth and their offense is Cowen and Jennsen, although very good athletes that's about it) and Davidson is certainly not the team they have been in the past. Harding and SBEC are unknowns at this point, they need to beat someone of strength to know how good they are just like FACS. Although FACS has scored 100 points those games were against weak teams.

I think that St. George's has proven their worth after beating Davidson and everyone else so far. there is more to them than cowan and jessen. Ben popeck is a college prospect on the OL and DL....have several young kids that are good. I see why FACS scored so many points..they played the sisters of the poor....looks like Byrne got them...guess we dont need to consider them anymore.....Harding and SBEC are right there behind SGS

I think that St. George's has proven their worth after beating Davidson and everyone else so far. there is more to them than cowan and jessen. Ben popeck is a college prospect on the OL and DL....have several young kids that are good. I see why FACS scored so many points..they played the sisters of the poor....looks like Byrne got them...guess we dont need to consider them anymore.....Harding and SBEC are right there behind SGS

I would not disagree that St. George is a fine team and has several good athletes. However, SBA and Briarcrest are all very weak teams again this year and Davidson is obviously not the team they were last year. The real season starts tonight with the game vs. Harding. St. George should have won these games.

Regarding FACS, with the exception of the BB game (which was played in the rain and the mud) and BB used up a season's worth of luck in one game going for 4th and long 5-6 times and barely making it each time to win the game, the FACS varsity has only had to play the 1st half of the three games they have easily won. the JV has as much or more playing time in the three wins than the 1st string.

As I mentioned above the real season starts tonight. FACS should defeat Rossville and the game vs. St. George in two weeks should be a good one. But all that being said, that's why they play the game to see who will really win, that's why football is so much fun.

FACS is probably improved from last year but they aren't in St. George's class. Neither is anyone else in the classification. It's a big drop off to the next tier of teams. BB, SBEC, FACS, Harding, and Davidson will all battle for 2nd place. Rossville might be in the mix for a playoff spot and could be a tough spoiler by winning a game or two against a contender.

Honestly, I don't think anyone is particularly improved as far as experience other than FACS & St. George's. BB, SBEC, and Davidson all lost a good many top line players from last year...don't know about Harding. The way St. George's controlled both Davidson and Harding should give the rest of the division pause.