Oliver Springs Football

bailey399

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play in an awfully tough region so if you're expecting a ton of wins, you won't get a whole lot of them. They're really young and have a lot of questions that need to be answered like who's gonna step up in the backfield and can they rebound from a rough year by OS standards last year. Some bright spots to watch on this team include Tyler Carter, C.J. Pointer, Brandon Sweet, and Jordan Murray among others. They're young and they will struggle at times, but there will be some bright moments this year. A lot about this team will be determined in the opening three game stretch against Silverdale Academy, McMinn Central, and traditional rival Coalfield. The Coalfield game could really be big because I know the way they lost that game last year left a bad taste in their mouths. But like I said, Oliver Springs is going to be somewhat limited in what they can do given their stiff region competition, but I think Coach Brackett will have this team headed in the right direction. How many wins is that gonna mean? I couldn't say, but I think O.S. is making some good progress.

RCSportsS, good post I agree with your take, the only thing I would add is that, Coach Brackett has

done a outstanding job in the addition of his coaching staff, this is in no way a negative take on last years

staff, they did a FANTASTIC job given the difficult situation of the late hire of Coach Brackett. But, this year they

have some additional help in Coach Greene, a line coach, Coach Jones, a defensive coach (both of whom who have coached at Oliver Springs before, and have strong ties to the program, and Coach Ron Brown, offensive coach, who has

been the head coach at Oliver Springs and Clinton before retiring, who adds a wealth of knowledge about the game of

high school football in east tennessee. These additions, with the current staff of Coach L, Coach Lamb, and Coach Kegley,

should prove for improvement from last years season.

I'm sure with Coach Brackett being a past asst. high school coach, he knows a great deal of success of a head coach,

comes from having a solid staff of coaches supporting him. In that regard, with Oliver Springs current staff, they stack up with anybody in the region.

Go Bobcats!!!

They've definitely got a good staff in place and really, this is gonna be Coach Brackett's actual first year because it's not really fair to judge him on last year because they didn't even hire him until a month before the season started and that's really not a lot of time to implement a coaching system. I think that Coach Brackett's done as good of a job as anybody else would have given the situation last year.

They've definitely got a good staff in place and really, this is gonna be Coach Brackett's actual first year because it's not really fair to judge him on last year because they didn't even hire him until a month before the season started and that's really not a lot of time to implement a coaching system. I think that Coach Brackett's done as good of a job as anybody else would have given the situation last year.

I would agree 100%!!!

I think it's safe to say they will probably spread the ball out more this season because they've got proven wide receivers and two quarterbacks duking it out for the starting job in Tyler Carter and C.J. Pointer that have the accuracy to get it downfield. Between those two, I'd give the nod to Pointer right now for the starting job since Carter hadn't played since middle school, but Carter is more athletic than Pointer IMO.