Bolivar-Haywood Scrimmage

toinemac

First off I'd like to say that im disappointed not with the game it was a great game defensively lots of good athletes flying to the football very good hitting but what did disappoint me was the format of the scrimmage each team had 5 plays per offensive possession thats it whether they got first downs or not just 5 plays and switch and neither varsity team scored in their 7 possessions each and i left before the jv ended so im not sure how that turned out so neither team really learned about how their guys could put together drives

So, even though you didn't see any scoring, how would you compare Haywood and Bolivar? Were they pretty evenly matched, or not?

I thought they were pretty even. Both have a ton of athletes on defense and both offenses have a lot of work to do over the next 3 weeks. Several missed assignments on offense, missed blocks, fumbles, poor execution, etc. Haywood has several "big bodies" on both lines. There was definately some hard hitting. Because it was haywood and bolivar, I think both teams played really hard and right now, the defenses are just way ahead of the offenses.

I thought they were pretty even. Both have a ton of athletes on defense and both offenses have a lot of work to do over the next 3 weeks. Several missed assignments on offense, missed blocks, fumbles, poor execution, etc. Haywood has several "big bodies" on both lines. There was definately some hard hitting. Because it was haywood and bolivar, I think both teams played really hard and right now, the defenses are just way ahead of the offenses.

Bolivar is missing both guards

thats not a good excuse. you have to play with adversity if you want to win the big games.

No one says its an excuse but it was a fact that some Bolivar starters were missing now back this scrimmage Haywood is really good their defensive line is huge and really quick the entire defense flies to the ball and is quite athletic if the offense catches up to the d by seasons start they are going to be a force in that region

Looking forward to this week for Bolivar we have Adamsville this week and i know very little about them i hope someone can inform me on them