Dresden and Dyer County

Justadad

the deal with hating on dyer county is the fact that every year they talk all the junk on how they are going to beat dyersburg yet i have only seen it once since they started playing each other again, and evan the jambarees were lopsided in dyersburgs favor.the big question will be answerd on the court this season. everyone in the county knows that dyersburg will hammer dyercounty in football... i hope bowling proves a point to all the county parents that have kids comming up wonting to play football!!!!! dyersburg needs to beat dyercounty as bad as they can, counce was always fealing sorry for the county school after he dropped 50 on them.I wish they would start the mercy rule in the first quarter, DC may need it when they come to JC SAWYER

Actually in the six years previous to 98 dc hadn't lost to dyersburg in the jamboree. In the late 80's DC was busy making playoff runs. Not to mention the 70's run that included a state championship a state runner up and 8 conference titles when there were only 3 classes. Why don't you go run and ask REAL dhs historian why it took them so long to play again. Cause instead of taking the challenge they ran, from a school for 50 something years that was the size of their cafeteria in fear of getting their *** handed to them.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually in the six years previous to 98 dc hadn't lost to dyersburg in the jamboree. In the late 80's DC was busy making playoff runs. Not to mention the 70's run that included a state championship a state runner up and 8 conference titles when there were only 3 classes. Why don't you go run and ask REAL dhs historian why it took them so long to play again. Cause instead of taking the challenge they ran, from a school for 50 something years that was the size of their cafeteria in fear of getting their *** handed to them.

ATTENTION DCBALLS.......PLEASE POST ACCURATE INFORMATION.....

if i recall correctly, somewhere in the 80's, dc football did not even participate in the tssaa playoff system....they were in an independent league.......

the reason the schools did not play each other was simply because of the fact of fear of excessive or bad rivalry.......

i have been in dyersburg since 1984......and from my perspective, each school has had their fare share of great teams...... both dc and dburg have had some great players... dc has had some good years and dburg has had some good years..... both have had down years...

not that it really matters, but since you brought it up.......dburg has been hosting the football jamboree since about 1984........i only recall a couple of times that DC beat dburg in the jamboree (i really only recall one, but to be safe)...........

if i recall correctly, somewhere in the mid 80's, dc football did not even participate in the tssaa playoff system....they were in an independent league.......

the reason the schools did not play each other was simply because of the fact of fear of excessive or bad rivalry.......

i have been in dyersburg since 1984......and from my perspective, each school has had their fare share of great teams...... both dc and dburg have had some great players...

not that it really matters, but since you brought it up.......dburg has been hosting the football jamboree since about 1984........i only recall a couple of times that DC beat dburg in the jamboree...........

that's why i said LATE 80's not MID 80's I also said for six years they NEVER LOST not BEAT Dyersburg. i played for 4 years 93-96 beat dyersburg twice tied twice. Now tell me that i wasn't 100% accurate. as for fear of rivalry it was just plain DOWNRIGHT FEAR

that's why i said LATE 80's not MID 80's I also said for six years they NEVER LOST not BEAT Dyersburg. i played for 4 years 93-96 beat dyersburg twice tied twice. Now tell me that i wasn't 100% accurate. as for fear of rivalry it was just plain DOWNRIGHT FEAR

so what are the facts about fear.......or is that just stupid fan talk?

when i talked to both administrators, they both said they did not want to renew a rivalry that could casue problems...

so again i ask....who are you saying was affraid? Dyersburg? Dyer County? or the school admin?

james counce first year at dburg was in 1995......he has only lost to dc one time.......jamboree or real game... not real sure what you meant, but in your first post you said that in the 6 years prior to 1998 dc never lost to dburg? does that mean they beat dburg? you made it souond like dc dominated dburg for 6 years.... which is not true... dc did beat dburg a couple of times, and if i recall corectly, it was somewhere in the early 90's before counce....

as for fear of rivalry it was just plain DOWNRIGHT FEAR

i don't think anyone at dyersburg or dyer county is affraid to play each other..... like i said both have good programs.....

but i do believe that there are post on coacht which support the administrion of both schools for there reasons for not playing each other for many years.....

CASE CLOSED

so what are the facts about fear.......or is that just stupid fan talk?

when i talked to both administrators, they both said they did not want to renew a rivalry that could casue problems...

so again i ask....who are you saying was affraid? Dyersburg? Dyer County? or the school admin?

james counce first year at dburg was in 1995......he has only lost to dc one time.......jamboree or real game... not real sure what you meant, but in your first post you said that in the 6 years prior to 1998 dc never lost to dburg? does that mean they beat dburg? you made it souond like dc dominated dburg for 6 years.... which is not true... dc did beat dburg a couple of times, and if i recall corectly, it was somewhere in the early 90's before counce....

Actually in counces 1st year dc won 7-0. I have said it once and i'll say it agian dhs is miles and miles ahead of the dc program over the past 5 years. With that being said i don't think that i nor any one else should have to go on the offensive about our repsected teams a slap in the face is just that, a slap in the face. That is what makes the "rivalry". No one wants to back down from their convictions. If i put a post on here that says dhs stinks then i would hope that 50 or more trojans would chime in. but that's not my style. I'm just like any blue blooded american in the aspect that if you rattle my cage your going to get bite.

Actually in counces 1st year dc won 7-0. I have said it once and i'll say it agian dhs is miles and miles ahead of the dc program over the past 5 years. With that being said i don't think that i nor any one else should have to go on the offensive about our repsected teams a slap in the face is just that, a slap in the face. That is what makes the "rivalry". No one wants to back down from their convictions. If i put a post on here that says dhs stinks then i would hope that 50 or more trojans would chime in. but that's not my style. I'm just like any blue blooded american in the aspect that if you rattle my cage your going to get bite.

On August 24, 2001, Dyer County beat Dyersburg 16-14 at J. C. Sawyers Stadium. (I will always remember that date--I got married that day.) This was in James Counce's 5th year at Dyersburg. This was the first time to the two schools had played each other since 1947! There was no 7-0 Dyer County victory in our lifetimes. For most of those years, DC was in Class 1 and Dyersburg was in Class 4. Since World War II, Dyersburg and Dyer County have played 6 times; Dyer County won that 2001 meeting and Dyersburg has won the last 5.

I like Dyer County football. Ab Davis was long-time coach there and one of my best friends. He also coached at Dyersburg briefly. His grandson is one of the leaders of the current D. C. team. I hope they do well.

You admit that Dyersburg is "miles and miles ahead of Dyer County" now in football. I agree, but I would also point out that you can't close that gap just by creating "facts" about the past.

Incidentally, allow me to apologize, on behalf of several DHS fans, for "trojanfan56," whoever he is. He is absurd, of course, but, thank goodness, his opinions are his alone and not shared by any others of his species.