Best players in region 1 1a

afanwithaplan

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think cloudland has a good one, that Hughes kid is pretty good, and I think the Jellico QB is pretty good, Unaka has there all state LB, Grace Christian has a good WR, not sure what cosby has I think they have a pretty good RB/LB and Hampton has a good one or two. Does anybody have any name for these kids?

Hampton a a bunch of good players, I could name several ,but as sure as I did, I would leave someone out. Lets just say they have several good lineman, about four good backs, a bunch of receivers who can catch and a QB who can get um the ball. This is not the three yards and a cloud of dust kind of team that Hampton usually has. Highly impressed with the passing game. If this team can beat the injury bug, they could be special.

what position does the kid from cosby play. and are you sure that Lunsford is the best player on hamptons team.

Its hard to say anyone is a best player on any team, lineman often get overlooked and other spots don't get the recognition that a back or a qb gets, but I've saw Hampton practice and Lunsford has been VERY impressive. He is my nephew and I don't like to toot his horn, but he has impressed the heck out of me. That being said, I see a bunch of quality players on this team.

As far as the kid from Cosby, he plays linebacker. He's a load.

As for the "best" player on any team, the other ten boys on the field make them the "best" player. Lets start with Lunsford from Hampton, Great QB but if he had no one to throw to he's nothing, he can't throw it to his self and if he runs with it he's got to have a line to block. Estep from Unaka, probably one of the best linebackers I've ever saw play at the high school level. sure a linbacker does alot on his own but without a team he's nothing. Same for Hughes, from Cloudland good running back but no line to block where is he going? NO WHERE. Let's just let these Great young men and players play the game they love and quit worrying about who's the best player on each team. some of them are playing their last season and the don't need to be side tracked by this bull of am I better than so & so! In my opinion anyone of them that gets out and plays or practice in this heat are good and VERY tough!

As for the "best" player on any team, the other ten boys on the field make them the "best" player. Lets start with Lunsford from Hampton, Great QB but if he had no one to throw to he's nothing, he can't throw it to his self and if he runs with it he's got to have a line to block. Estep from Unaka, probably one of the best linebackers I've ever saw play at the high school level. sure a linbacker does alot on his own but without a team he's nothing. Same for Hughes, from Cloudland good running back but no line to block where is he going? NO WHERE. Let's just let these Great young men and players play the game they love and quit worrying about who's the best player on each team. some of them are playing their last season and the don't need to be side tracked by this bull of am I better than so & so! In my opinion anyone of them that gets out and plays or practice in this heat are good and VERY tough!

Good job, its a team sport. If any of these players are worried about whose the best on their team , their heart is in the wrong place. The only thing they should be concerned with is being the best they can be for their team and being good leaders. I also think the question was asked just to try and stir up trouble.Hampton don't need that, these boys are all friends and people don't need to try to cause disention.

the question was not posted because I wanted to stir up trouble. It was posted from a fan on the outside looking in and was wanting to know what to expect from the players in this conference. sorry for the inconvienance. just trying to get a good outlook on the season to come.

I'm sorry if I misread you're intentions. Some people on here do things like this to stir up problems, as we all know ,jeaousy is the green monster. When yoou have alot of talented players like Hampton does, it can sometimes create anamosity. This TEAM needs to be just that ,a team that don't care where the glory goes.I want to see all of these kids do well.

• 3 weeks later...

Lets say this. If there was a draft in region 1 who would be the 1st overall pick? Second.. third?

That all depends on who is drafting and what their needs are. You always have to look at the upside, who is a good leader. Who is going to lay it all on the line. How smart the kid is. Several good choices to pick from ,its all a matter of opinion. I'll tell you what ,give me the Hampton team, and you can have the rest.