WHERE YOU AT LAKE COUNTY FOOTBALL FANS?

spellerone

Yea..I'll probably be at the U.C.-Lake Co game...I'd love to be at that Dyersburg game though..I'll be tested this year though..My son is a freshman at Dyer Co this year and he has spent all the previous 8 years in the Dyer Co system..He told me the other night that we live in Dyer Co and it's about time to start going to their games since he goes to school there..I guess I could let him out at the Dyer Co games and hope he can catch a ride home..or be watting outside when I roll back through Newbern..

i wish he would have went to lake county or dyersburg

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it's another "outsider" here but, Lake Co. has been a top notch Class A program for many years off and on. That's something to be proud of and preserve (and carry on!) Same way with Bruceton! Being from McKenzie, we've done time in both Class A and in Class AA over the last 30 seasons or so and have made a mark in the post season a few times ourselves even though we don't own a gold ball yet.

Every team has to re-build sometimes but, for teams of this kind of history and caliber, you can never count them out!!!

Good luck to all this seaon.

Can any of ya'll remember the "gunfight at Rebel Field" 2 years ago vs. Lake Co. or the state semi-final last season at Lake Co. vs. the eventual state champs????? That's what I'm talkin' about!!!!

Good luck ya'll.

You would have to be in a coma to forget that gunfight at Rebel field. I have been to a ton of football games but I have never seen a passing display such as the one that night. That was not a game for the weak of heart. That loss to JCS still hurts. We won a couple of nailbiters before that one and then we lost one. What if we had went for the tackle rather than the ball........did I say that still hurts.

Those were two of the best games I've ever seen..And I've seen a bunch..A couple State Championships for Lake Co..several runnerups...close games with ECS..Union City....Bruseton...Westmoreland in the ice bowl in the coldest game I've been to..There's been a lot of great games but those two were definitely as good as I've seen

ECS broke our hearts more than once. They kept without a doubt some of the best teams in Lake County history out of the championship with a little help. The beginning of the private school era in my mind. That's is all i'll say about that.

In a way Im glad JCS moved up. Two years in a row ended our season. Carr got anxious and started throwing em up for grabs and the rest is history. But what a run we both have had the last two years. Seen alot of good players, and made some good friends. Good luck to you and yours from Mckenzie Rebel Land.

You would have to be in a coma to forget that gunfight at Rebel field. I have been to a ton of football games but I have never seen a passing display such as the one that night. That was not a game for the weak of heart. That loss to JCS still hurts. We won a couple of nailbiters before that one and then we lost one. What if we had went for the tackle rather than the ball........did I say that still hurts.

Oh man the gunfight night, I stayed up for hours after that game. It was sort of like the first time I watched a Bruce Lee movie. Heck I went home and body slammed my dog. And he always looked at me differently after that But It's amazing how a game played by our youth can instill the vim and vigor of old threw our bones. It's like an experience words cannot explain. Truly we are blessed with the Talent of our Youth.

And Football What a Game And what a sport. Good Luck to those who play and those who dream and watch and relive old memories.

The year of the "Gun Fight" is the year of "No Defense" in Rebel Land....

If you like offensive outbursts that was the year for you.....

McKenzie-44

Dresden-34

McKenzie-33

Union City-52

* Hayes had a couple state records in that one*

McKenzie-54

Lake County-53

McKenzie-62

Gleason-42

*Allowing 42 to Gleason???

McKenzie-21

J.C.S-54

The year of the "Gun Fight" is the year of "No Defense" in Rebel Land....

If you like offensive outbursts that was the year for you.....

McKenzie-44

Dresden-34

McKenzie-33

Union City-52

* Hayes had a couple state records in that one*

McKenzie-54

Lake County-53

McKenzie-62

Gleason-42

*Allowing 42 to Gleason???

McKenzie-21

J.C.S-54

Hence the term "gunfight" OC. Have you ever seen an old west gunfight. Those gunfights are all about who has the best offense not the best defense. Mano a mano. Don't be raining on our parade. We need rain but not on this topic. Work your magic on my front lawn if you must rain. Don't hate on this love. UC is sort of like the Borg on Star Trek. The evil Empire. We...........Must..........Assimilate..........Resistence...........Is..........

....Futile

And then you pile on Gleason......have you no shame man? : :blush...............Where have you been anyway? Inspecting chickens,perhaps.

Hence the term "gunfight" OC. Have you ever seen an old west gunfight. Those gunfights are all about who has the best offense not the best defense. Mano a mano. Don't be raining on our parade. We need rain but not on this topic. Work your magic on my front lawn if you must rain. Don't hate on this love. UC is sort of like the Borg on Star Trek. The evil Empire. We...........Must..........Assimilate..........Resistence...........Is..........

....Futile

And then you pile on Gleason......have you no shame man? : :blush...............Where have you been anyway? Inspecting chickens,perhaps.

Oh No You Didn't go there. Spellerone if he looks up bird butt's for a living you hush.

....Futile

All day long bro...All day long.......

I like that..The Evil Empire....Very cool....

And don't even lie...You were thinking the same thing about Gleason....