Warren Co. vs. Shelbyville

bigfish1

Warren County has really improved over the past two years but they have ran into the same problem that Coffee County has, lack of pure athletes. Coffee County has a few and Warren County has even fewer. The Warren County defense will stuff the Shelbyville running game, but like I said, if Julian Haile is half as good as he was against the Raiders last week, the Pioneers will struggle to contain him...actually they won't contain him. Shelbyville has TONS of speed..Warren County won't keep up, I'll take Shelbyville by 14, but Haile will have to show up!

Warren Co. looked very impressive with the running game. The passing game wasn't needed and wasn't used. The real test will be if Shelbyville stops WC's running game, can they overcome it by throwing the ball? Warren Co's defense also held Dekalb's "stud" running back in check. I admitted that I had to eat crow for breakfast last saturday morning. I didn't think that WC would dominate like they did. Are they that good or......was DC not as good as I'd been told? Hmmm, I guess we'll see Friday night. Good Luck WC.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, I think they'll be fine. They're offense is doing a great job at giving the defense a break, except for the ones going both ways of course... The running game has been great, but I just hope the coaches are still repping the passes during practice! Ive seen many teams roll through their seasons without having to fall back on a passing game only to get put out of the playoffs because they get to a quality team that stops their run and pass because the team hasnt had to pass all year! I've got a feeling we'll see some passing next week against Franklin Co.

Shelbyville is much improved from last year! I hope these 2 losses don't get them down!! That QB looks like he does a good job leading his offense. They proved in the 1st half that they could move the ball, but a lot of that I'm sure was WC's penalties and maybe some mental mistakes going on.

I was very impressed with #17 Ryan Daniel last night, coming in to play with Mullican nursing cramps. He, Wilcher and Officer carried the load for the offense in the second half. Jay Hutchings also had a very nice run as well. The defense played well all night. congrats on the win guys.