1. LaVergne

2. Mt. Juliet

3. Beech

4. White House

5. Wilson Central

6. Smyrna

7. Hendersonville

8. Gallatin

LaVergne has a lot of talent. Losing Scott might make a big difference in the postseason (when it's do-or-die and they face a No. 1 pitcher from another school), but I don't think it'll prevent them from winning it in the regular season.

Mt. Juliet has a lot of talent too. I don't think Purvis had that many seniors, and he's a great coach (like Reavis). There'll always be plenty of talent coming out of the Mt. Juliet area.

Beech loses some key players, no doubt. But they return Davenport on the mound and a key player in Patterson. Third in the district might be a little high, but they surprise me at how well they fill voids every year with kids who aren't that physically gifted. Goes back to having a great coaching staff again.

White House loses a few key players in Link, Jared Pickett etc., but they return a lot in the younger Pickett, Tant and several other starters.

I don't know a lot about Wilson Central, so picking them at No. 5 may be a huge stretch. However, it hasn't taken them long to become competitive in some other sports so I don't expect it to take long in baseball either. Lot of talent...minimal if any losses...competitive in a lot games in 02 despite not winning many. They will be okay in 03.

Vetter is another good coach, so picking Smyrna No. 6 might be a stretch as well. However, they lose a lot in Seten, Emerine, Smith, etc. Those guys will be tough to replace (even though LaVergne's losses were comparable, I feel that LaVergne has considerably more talent to replace its losses with).

Hendersonville underachieved this year with a lot of seniors. They lose their catcher, one of their top two pitchers, their third baseman, shortstop, first baseman, etc. (I'm not sure about their second baseman and outfield).

Gallatin was young this year, but they lose two of their three best hitters and their two top pitchers. Tough to see them finishing very high, though picking them last might be yet another stretch. If they had any pitching coming back, I might think otherwise.

Guest bigsey

wito522 remember when you said lavergne had a let down coming around the district tournament. well i believe you were wrong. we won ten straight and now have a title. you can say what you want about next year and what we lost. we have 7 returning starters that know how to get the job done, all the infielders and two outfielders. so believe what you want, we'll see next year!!!!

• 8 months later...