Gallatin vs Lebanon

GWAVE1

so your answer is you never really got a chance to find out.

did gallatin attempt many passes at all?

Hey Cat, our qb was 12 of 18 for 105 yards. Most of that was due to them running a prevent late in the 4th and us throwing underneath the coverage. Even then with just 3 down lineman our qb was running for his life. Lebanon's defensive tackles were very fast as were their entire backfield. Hastings, Maynard, and Benford behind that o-line ran all over us. I haven't seen a Lebanon squad look that good since the mid 90's. Probably the Elliot Carson - Ryan Aluds era.

Lebanon good clean game last night. The Blue Devils looked solid and were well ahead of the Green Wave on many levels. I predict that many heads are gonna turn when they see ya'll this year.

Gallatin...wow we need work. But I know that not having the jamboree to fix some of the small things played a part in it last night. Major point of emphasis this week has got to be wrapping up on the tackle. We did not do a good job of tackling last night. We need some work on the o-line as well. Another thing is someone has got to step up for Boo. He is doing way too much out there. The kid has to come off the field at some point. We need to find a quality replacement for one of his positions. One last small bone of contention. Marco Wright is a good reciever and I am glad he is on the team but leave the showboating at the house. We don't do that here in Gallatin man.

Great job Cody Matthews. Coming in after Boo went down and getting 2 straight 1st downs in an intense game, you looked good. Gleaves....your a beast!! As for the recieving core- Wright, Woods, O'Brien, Harris, Maynard, Pain, and the rest, ya'll played very well. Very few drops and some good routes and catches. Overall I agree with everybody else...we are young and we will get better as the season progresses.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cat, our qb was 12 of 18 for 105 yards. Most of that was due to them running a prevent late in the 4th and us throwing underneath the coverage. Even then with just 3 down lineman our qb was running for his life. Lebanon's defensive tackles were very fast as were their entire backfield. Hastings, Maynard, and Benford behind that o-line ran all over us. I haven't seen a Lebanon squad look that good since the mid 90's. Probably the Elliot Carson - Ryan Aluds era.

Lebanon good clean game last night. The Blue Devils looked solid and were well ahead of the Green Wave on many levels. I predict that many heads are gonna turn when they see ya'll this year.

Gallatin...wow we need work. But I know that not having the jamboree to fix some of the small things played a part in it last night. Major point of emphasis this week has got to be wrapping up on the tackle. We did not do a good job of tackling last night. We need some work on the o-line as well. Another thing is someone has got to step up for Boo. He is doing way too much out there. The kid has to come off the field at some point. We need to find a quality replacement for one of his positions. One last small bone of contention. Marco Wright is a good reciever and I am glad he is on the team but leave the showboating at the house. We don't do that here in Gallatin man.

Great job Cody Matthews. Coming in after Boo went down and getting 2 straight 1st downs in an intense game, you looked good. Gleaves....your a beast!! As for the recieving core- Wright, Woods, O'Brien, Harris, Maynard, Pain, and the rest, ya'll played very well. Very few drops and some good routes and catches. Overall I agree with everybody else...we are young and we will get better as the season progresses.

We don't do that in Trousdale County either.

Wonder why Coach Lassiter put Ingham in to punt right before haltime for Satterfield? That was the play Lebanon blocked the kick and scored.

Even 10 years down the road noone will ever know really why. But i heard him say that he takes the blame for it, of course he should, but know that Ingham had alot of experience and would have done a better job backed up like that and hopefully wouldn't fold under the pressure. But he did and that played a part in losing friday. Just mental mistakes thats all. They will do so much better than last week. The coaches have been on edge this week, making sure everyone knows what to do in certain situations. This is a new ball game and this time they are ready.

Yuck. What a terrible season starter. Nonetheless, I feel like we will bounce back as well. And what better (or worse team I should say) to do it against... Agreed GWave, Boo is doing way too much. If you ask me, the fact that he was back returning kicks is the dumbest thing I've ever seen. Well, not the dumbest. I think with some of the decisions made on the sidelines, you can't really compare how ridiculous things are. And if Lassiter doesn't start getting the plays into the huddle quicker, I'm going to start throwing objects at him. No joke. At one point on friday night, it looked like Boo was literally jumping up and down-yelling at him to give him a play. That is unexcusable. I actually talked to a couple of the boys on the team earlier this week... And I didn't know this, but apparently Lytle (forgive the spelling) was calling some of the plays in the preseason scrimmages. Note: I don't think we even came close to losing a scrimmage. Now granted those are scrimmages... But evidently, Lytle has no say so whatsoever on the calling of plays in a real game. I'm not suggesting anything in particular, but it is interesting... To further comment on Gtowner's post... Toss sweep out of shotgun on 3rd and really long... Why? And why run it again, and again, and again? I mean, I guess I should be thankful that Lassiter's crappy go-to play wasn't a hb delay up the gut on 3rd and long as it normally is. I realize that I'm the heckler from the stands that will never be happy with the coaching decisions at hand. But come on people. I don't think there is a person inside the Gallatin city limits that didn't want this guy gone after that mess against Ravenwood last year. Just because it's a new season with new kids playing doesn't make me any less angry. This is football. The object of the game is to WIN. PERIOD. By all rights, we should be in the likeness of a team similar to Smyrna. Gallatin is just one of those towns that will ALWAYS have incredible talent. When you have receivers like Marco Wright, Obrien, and number 17 (sorry, I don't remember the name)... There is NO reason why the ball shouldn't be in the air THROUGHOUT the game. Not just at the end. I know I sound like a broken record, but I just keep thinking of more things that were so incredibly discouraging. Posters, we were down going into the half, and with 2 minutes left in the 2nd quarter, we lined up in the goal line smokestack I formation on our own 25. Don't get it twisted, I love the formation... But once again, WHY? The player development is nowhere near where it should be. I am so tired of this stuff. And I know there are some do-gooders on here that will scold me for my comments, but people... This kind of football isn't good for the fans, the players, or the community. People have been complaining about this guy for years. I'm positive I'm not alone with these thoughts. I love Gallatin football. I really do. It gives me something to look forward to at the end of the week. And I don't ever remember a time when I missed a game simply because I wanted to... But if things don't change in the next couple of weeks then there will be one less seat filled at the yard. I apologize to anyone I've offended.... And if there are players reading this, keep your head up. You guys have just as much chance as any other Gallatin team I've seen. I'm just sorry that your leader and mentor is a poor excuse for a coach. Good Luck Wave. Go beat them 'Toppers.