9/7 White House at Alcoa

timbdp

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is true. Portland is a "very average at best" Class 4A school that had their opportunities tonight. I don't know whether the rivalry had something to do with it or whether White House is just "overrated" by many on this website. Next week will help the people gauge just how good the Blue Devils truly are because they are going on the road to play an Alcoa bunch that will be quite angry coming off of their big loss tonight against Maryville (THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE).

Alcoa: 35

White House: 21

This is true. Portland is a "very average at best" Class 4A school that had their opportunities tonight. I don't know whether the rivalry had something to do with it or whether White House is just "overrated" by many on this website. Next week will help the people gauge just how good the Blue Devils truly are because they are going on the road to play an Alcoa bunch that will be quite angry coming off of their big loss tonight against Maryville (THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE).

Alcoa: 35

White House: 21

they are not overrated

You guys r crazy, #1 we kneeled pn the 1 yard line with 20 seconds left in the game, it would've neen 27-6, #2 2 plays before that dixon had a 20 yard t.d. run called back. # 3 the reason portland had so many fumbles is because they got the wood layed onto them and couldn't hold the ball. They didn't just drop the ball for no reason they were gettin smashed and had no choice. #4 WH had 3 interceptions and i believe 4 fumbles, that's alot of turnovers created. Next week will be a great challenge vs. Alcoa. WHHS-28 Alcoa-20

You guys r crazy, #1 we kneeled pn the 1 yard line with 20 seconds left in the game, it would've neen 27-6, #2 2 plays before that dixon had a 20 yard t.d. run called back. # 3 the reason portland had so many fumbles is because they got the wood layed onto them and couldn't hold the ball. They didn't just drop the ball for no reason they were gettin smashed and had no choice. #4 WH had 3 interceptions and i believe 4 fumbles, that's alot of turnovers created. Next week will be a great challenge vs. Alcoa. WHHS-28 Alcoa-20

Stiller what are you smokin????? Devils are not going to go beat Alcoa..... and you did get very much outplayed tonight, just not on the scoreboard.

WH might have won anyway. But the Portland QB was knocked out of the game on the 2nd or 3rd play from scrimmage and Portland still nearly tied the game up late in the 3rd quarter. WH in no way looked dominant at any stage of the game. But neither did Portland. They kept running the same three plays to either side all night. Although the slip screen fake was beautiful and one of the best HS plays I have seen in years.

What will be interesting is when Heritage grows in number to be in the same division as WH. IMO, better athletes on the Robertson Co. side, especially the younger kids in Jr. Pro today. Wonder how the Sumner Co. school board officials that wanted the split will feel if Heritage starts to gain the upper hand in town?