Independence @ Centennial

donathan5507

Congrats to Indy for a big win to start the region play. There Is a little karma for justice in this one.

Still mystified by some folks who don't think Pettigrew is the real deal.

That baffles me too. Pettigrew is a very good running back that will play on Saturday next year, very possibly at a D-1 school. He is just getting healthy and getting back into running and getting hit. When you get 209 against anyone you are a good back. Indy's oline is not the biggest, but they did a good job last night getting him to the linebackers before contact. When he gets through the line I like his chances against DBs any day.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems to me Independence has lost quite a bit to graduation especially at the offensive line positions. I understand you must move on past this and I feel confident they will. Congradulations on the win against Centennial.

And to anyone who doubts Pettigrew's credibility should seriously consider the amount of education they have had up to this point in their life.

Tnsparty you are a good fan and recognize good efforts, I have enjoyed your posts since signing on. Eubanks is a good guy struggling to get his team to find itself. I hope the fans will give him time to make the most of this team. There is a lot of physical talent there but Smith didn't exactly leave them mentally healthy and Eubanks has got his work cut out putting some team chemistry together. I hope the Eagles can make a good run this year. If they can fire on all cylinders they will be big trouble for any team. I was suprised that IHS had as many kids going both ways as they did considering the numbers on the sidelines That may come back to haunt them late in the year.

Pettigrew was a beast and like someone said, once he got to a linebacker it was trouble. That is where CHS is weakest at the point of attack, but they did a good job of flying to the ball. I don't think anyone should overlook the other back on the field tonight. Wayne Coffee outgained Pettigrew per carry. I think we will be hearing a lot from both of these guys this year.

Okay the 24 hour rule is in effect. We should drop this thread. Both teams need to get ready for next week, Good luck.

Tnsparty you are a good fan and recognize good efforts, I have enjoyed your posts since signing on. Eubanks is a good guy struggling to get his team to find itself. I hope the fans will give him time to make the most of this team. There is a lot of physical talent there but Smith didn't exactly leave them mentally healthy and Eubanks has got his work cut out putting some team chemistry together. I hope the Eagles can make a good run this year. If they can fire on all cylinders they will be big trouble for any team. I was suprised that IHS had as many kids going both ways as they did considering the numbers on the sidelines That may come back to haunt them late in the year.

Pettigrew was a beast and like someone said, once he got to a linebacker it was trouble. That is where CHS is weakest at the point of attack, but they did a good job of flying to the ball. I don't think anyone should overlook the other back on the field tonight. Wayne Coffee outgained Pettigrew per carry. I think we will be hearing a lot from both of these guys this year.

Okay the 24 hour rule is in effect. We should drop this thread. Both teams need to get ready for next week, Good luck.

Thanks. I certainly didn't overlook Coffey. I know Wayne and his dad and they are both good people. He's a good running back for sure. He'll also play on Saturday next year. There are a few playing both ways, but not as many as last year. The senior clas is large, but the junior class is pretty small. They have a good group of current sophomores that are getting some PT. I agree with the mentally healthty part of your post. It is time for the Eagles to heal up and start preparing for the Rebels. And the Cougars need to get ready for Siegel. I like their chances.

It seems to me Independence has lost quite a bit to graduation especially at the offensive line positions. I understand you must move on past this and I feel confident they will. Congradulations on the win against Centennial.

And to anyone who doubts Pettigrew's credibility should seriously consider the amount of education they have had up to this point in their life.

Playing BA and MBA has a way of making any offensive line look suspect. They've moved some people around and can also get some help with some players that are playing DL now that it is starting to cool off some. Scotty Hazzard was the hardest to replace in my opinion, but Bilbo has done a good job. Grigsby was a good OL, but better on defense. Haney did a decent job, but the replacements are going to be ok there. You're right, it is time to move on.