FridayMainEvent

Pick the winner.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted everybody to know that I have total faith in our Cascade team as it is now. However, even the seniors on this team feel that Nick Batts on offense will be the difference in state playoffs or not. All of the boys are in total support of this transition and have welcomed him. He is a good kid, no attitude. Had he shown up with attitude, he would have left feeling sad, because this team is ONE unit. They play together, win together and have lost together. They truly are one, and cheer the other on. There is no inner fighting on this team. When Carcuff came last year, the guys pulled him in and within a week he was hanging out on the weekends with various players on offense and defense. I hope for these guys sake that they take it all the way, because these guys have hit it hard all summer and Coach Austin has been there every day to manage the weights and running! Cascade is in the best shape it has been in in years, and if Coach Parker can't pull this season out this year in playoffs, he needs to retire, because even though there are still awesome players coming through the ranks for the next two years, the quality and QUANTITY of talent that is at Cascade now will probably never be repeated. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! GO CHAMPS and the best of luck Friday night at McEwen.

I don't know about Coach Parker needing to retire if we don't do as well as expected. We are thin at one critical position on the field and would be hurting if that position had to be replaced. Just as some Coaches may get more credit that they deserve sometimes, it isn't fair to expect them to shoulder all the blame when things don't go exactly according to script.

I just wanted everybody to know that I have total faith in our Cascade team as it is now. However, even the seniors on this team feel that Nick Batts on offense will be the difference in state playoffs or not. All of the boys are in total support of this transition and have welcomed him. He is a good kid, no attitude. Had he shown up with attitude, he would have left feeling sad, because this team is ONE unit. They play together, win together and have lost together. They truly are one, and cheer the other on. There is no inner fighting on this team. When Carcuff came last year, the guys pulled him in and within a week he was hanging out on the weekends with various players on offense and defense. I hope for these guys sake that they take it all the way, because these guys have hit it hard all summer and Coach Austin has been there every day to manage the weights and running! Cascade is in the best shape it has been in in years, and if Coach Parker can't pull this season out this year in playoffs, he needs to retire, because even though there are still awesome players coming through the ranks for the next two years, the quality and QUANTITY of talent that is at Cascade now will probably never be repeated. HISTORY IN THE MAKING!! GO CHAMPS and the best of luck Friday night at McEwen.

I agree this is the most talented Cascade team period. The playoffs should be the lowest expecation on this yeam. Winning the region and then the state title whould be their two main goals. If they do not make the playoffs that would be considered a major dissapointment. Lucky for us though we have a great team that everyone beleives in and like I have said numerous times The Sky Is The Limit.

I watched this game last year. Both teams return most of their core players so I expect more of the same. I feel like McEwen's biggest problem last year was the lack of a passing game. cascade's skill players will be too much for McEwen to handle. cascade wins by the same score as last year. McEwen will need a turnover or two to pull this one out.

I watched this game last year. Both teams return most of their core players so I expect more of the same. I feel like McEwen's biggest problem last year was the lack of a passing game. cascade's skill players will be too much for McEwen to handle. cascade wins by the same score as last year. McEwen will need a turnover or two to pull this one out.

I don't reply to a lot of posts, but could not pass this one up. This team is not last year's team. I totally agree that we did not have a good game against Cascade last year, but there were different reasons for that. One of those being that one of our key players went down on the opening kick off. It affected the whole team mentally and physically from that point on. There were also other variables at play that night.

I have read several posts about how these guys have been together since the 7th grade. That is something to truly be proud of. However, a lot of our guys have been together just as long. Some have even played together since they were 10 years old.

Just to let all who travel to our "reservation"know, you are looking at a 2 hour drive. Take I-40 west to Memphis and get off at exit 182(Fairview/Dickson). You will turn left on to Hwy 96. Follow it all the way to Hwy 70 (You run right into it.) Turn left again on to Hwy 70 and follow 70 west all the way to McEwen. When you get to McEwen, turn down Main St (right turn) by the City Hall, over the RR tracks and you will see the lights.

I loved the article in the Shelbyville paper. Our guys are true country boys at heart. They work hard, and they play even harder. We respect the talent that you will bring to the field tomorrow night, but don't underestimate our boys. They have worked hard this week getting ready for you. The only prediction I will make is that this should be a great ballgame. We can't wait to see your bus rolling in. See you under the lights.

GO BIG RED!!!

I don't reply to a lot of posts, but could not pass this one up. This team is not last year's team. I totally agree that we did not have a good game against Cascade last year, but there were different reasons for that. One of those being that one of our key players went down on the opening kick off. It affected the whole team mentally and physically from that point on. There were also other variables at play that night.

I have read several posts about how these guys have been together since the 7th grade. That is something to truly be proud of. However, a lot of our guys have been together just as long. Some have even played together since they were 10 years old.

Just to let all who travel to our "reservation"know, you are looking at a 2 hour drive. Take I-40 west to Memphis and get off at exit 182(Fairview/Dickson). You will turn left on to Hwy 96. Follow it all the way to Hwy 70 (You run right into it.) Turn left again on to Hwy 70 and follow 70 west all the way to McEwen. When you get to McEwen, turn down Main St (right turn) by the City Hall, over the RR tracks and you will see the lights.

I loved the article in the Shelbyville paper. Our guys are true country boys at heart. They work hard, and they play even harder. We respect the talent that you will bring to the field tomorrow night, but don't underestimate our boys. They have worked hard this week getting ready for you. The only prediction I will make is that this should be a great ballgame. We can't wait to see your bus rolling in. See you under the lights.

GO BIG RED!!!

Thanks for the directions, I also have a link to mapquest directions on the Cascade website under the [forum] tab. (They look to be about the same as the ones you provided). Our team is very excited about this game. I know McEwen had some huge wins last year as well as some major letdowns at times. Trust me, we saw both sides of that equation ourselves. I expect McEwen to be ready to play ball and wouldn't want it any other way. You should also be aware that we are bringing one of the most talented teams ever assembled at Cascade and we don't intend on pulling that bus out of Wartrace without returning with another "W" so expect some good hard hitting action tonight. I've made my prediction already, so I'll stick with it although this may windup being a slugfest with the decision being closer than I first predicted. Hopefully we see a clean game without injuries!

Save a Horse, ride a CHAMPION!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!

I just call em like I see em. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I don't reply to a lot of posts, but could not pass this one up. This team is not last year's team. I totally agree that we did not have a good game against Cascade last year, but there were different reasons for that. One of those being that one of our key players went down on the opening kick off. It affected the whole team mentally and physically from that point on. There were also other variables at play that night. I have read several posts about how these guys have been together since the 7th grade. That is something to truly be proud of. However, a lot of our guys have been together just as long. Some have even played together since they were 10 years old. Just to let all who travel to our "reservation"know, you are looking at a 2 hour drive. Take I-40 west to Memphis and get off at exit 182(Fairview/Dickson). You will turn left on to Hwy 96. Follow it all the way to Hwy 70 (You run right into it.) Turn left again on to Hwy 70 and follow 70 west all the way to McEwen. When you get to McEwen, turn down Main St (right turn) by the City Hall, over the RR tracks and you will see the lights. I loved the article in the Shelbyville paper. Our guys are true country boys at heart. They work hard, and they play even harder. We respect the talent that you will bring to the field tomorrow night, but don't underestimate our boys. They have worked hard this week getting ready for you. The only prediction I will make is that this should be a great ballgame. We can't wait to see your bus rolling in. See you under the lights.GO BIG RED!!!

Hey, MacTowngirl, mapquest tells me to go down to exit 172 and take highway 46 up to highway 70. Which is shorter? Also, I can't locate a "Main St." on the map. Is the school located on Melrose St. instead? It said to take a right off of 70 onto Blair Blvd to get to the school. Let me know if any of this is correct as soon as possible. Thanks