FridayMainEvent

Pick the winner.  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the winner.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the chance of watching Mcewen play twice last year and think that the score will not indicate how good of a ball game it will probably be. Cascade has too much fire power on bith sides of the ball which will prove to be the reason for the outcome. The sky is the limit for Cascade. Looks like Jo Byrns played great too. I think the best matchup this week will be Forrest @ White House Heritage. Good luck to all teams and keep showing that 5 1A is a force to be reckon with.

Cascade 38

Mcewen 7

I had the chance of watching Mcewen play twice last year and think that the score will not indicate how good of a ball game it will probably be. Cascade has too much fire power on bith sides of the ball which will prove to be the reason for the outcome. The sky is the limit for Cascade. Looks like Jo Byrns played great too. I think the best matchup this week will be Forrest @ White House Heritage. Good luck to all teams and keep showing that 5 1A is a force to be reckon with.

Cascade 38

Mcewen 7

I want to commend the Cascade Defense for a great game friday night against Moore County, and am looking forward to traveling to McEwen. I think the defense has been overlooked in preseason. All of the hype is going toward the offense and Carcuff. Not a bad thing!! Carcuff is an awesome quarterback and Henderson and Phillips are at the top of their game. But the offense looked rocky in the first quarter of Moore County game, and had it not been for the line and linebackers, the game could have taken a different turn. It is just awesome to see 19+ seniors who have played together since 7th grade, live their dreams this year... And if you don't know but one thing about these boys is that they are as close off the field as on the field. They know each other and know what the other is gonna do. There is a deep level of trust among the seniors on this team and they truly are having FUN when they step foot on the field every friday night. Go Champs!!

I want to commend the Cascade Defense for a great game friday night against Moore County, and am looking forward to traveling to McEwen. I think the defense has been overlooked in preseason. All of the hype is going toward the offense and Carcuff. Not a bad thing!! Carcuff is an awesome quarterback and Henderson and Phillips are at the top of their game. But the offense looked rocky in the first quarter of Moore County game, and had it not been for the line and linebackers, the game could have taken a different turn. It is just awesome to see 19+ seniors who have played together since 7th grade, live their dreams this year... And if you don't know but one thing about these boys is that they are as close off the field as on the field. They know each other and know what the other is gonna do. There is a deep level of trust among the seniors on this team and they truly are having FUN when they step foot on the field every friday night. Go Champs!!

Good post and I agree 100%. The large senior class and large sophmore class representation on this team are probably two of the best classes to come through Cascade in many years. It will be tough to maintain this level of play when these two classes have passed on.

Poll isn't as one-sided as I was expecting. Apparently shutting out a good Moore County team last week didn't convince too many people this team is for real. Guess we'll have a better idea of how good they are after traveling to a hostile environment Friday night. This team played very well on the road last season so hopefully we'll continue that. Any local College coaches are invited to see some great talent on display.......

Poll isn't as one-sided as I was expecting. Apparently shutting out a good Moore County team last week didn't convince too many people this team is for real. Guess we'll have a better idea of how good they are after traveling to a hostile environment Friday night. This team played very well on the road last season so hopefully we'll continue that. Any local College coaches are invited to see some great talent on display.......

Don't blame me, I picked Cascade. Too bad you have to play WC, CW, or MP in the lst round.

Don't blame me, I picked Cascade. Too bad you have to play WC, CW, or MP in the lst round.

Not if Cascade knocks Jo Byrns off of the top spot. It doesnt matter though because sooner or later when you reach the playoffs you have to play the best anyways. Might as well knock a top dog off in the beginnning though. I doubt Cascade is worried about who they play in the playoffs at this point. Good luck to all region 5 1A teams this season.

Go Champs