Region 5-2A should be a barnburner

divepix

Once again, Region 5-2A seems to have 3 of the top teams in the state, and the region championship is too tough to call.

Goodpasture was supposed to be rebuilding, but it appears they just reloaded with 2 early season wins over 5A teams.

DCA returned most of their team and has looked very impressive with 2 early wins (granted over fairly weak teams)

CPA lost at Ensworth in high scoring game, but their offense will be hard for a 2A team to stop

Don't know how the new playoff format plays into this, but all three of these teams seem poised to make some noise in the playoffs this year. The season could very easily end with all three teams having one loss each in the Region.

Thoughts????

You right, this region is shapping up to be real exciting this year. Goodpasture has played some good tough 5A opponents. Does seem they have just reloaded. They are playing up to prove it. CPA lost to what I think is the next up and coming Brentwood Academy (Ensworth) by 7. As for DCA, they beat a down Westmorland team, and also Harding Academy. But if you do your research on Harding they are not weak this year. They beat Ensworth last year and are probably one of the most athletic teaMs in D-II. They will win D-II small easily. As for this week, lets get ready for DCA vs. CPA. This will be a great game. I have a sneaky feeling DCA might pull this one out. Wish it was on TV, like it has been the last few years.

You right, this region is shapping up to be real exciting this year. Goodpasture has played some good tough 5A opponents. Does seem they have just reloaded. They are playing up to prove it. CPA lost to what I think is the next up and coming Brentwood Academy (Ensworth) by 7. As for DCA, they beat a down Westmorland team, and also Harding Academy. But if you do your research on Harding they are not weak this year. They beat Ensworth last year and are probably one of the most athletic teaMs in D-II. They will win D-II small easily. As for this week, lets get ready for DCA vs. CPA. This will be a great game. I have a sneaky feeling DCA might pull this one out. Wish it was on TV, like it has been the last few years.

I think this week's game is a toss-up. CPA run defense really hampered by loss of Justin Parris and inexperience. I believe both teams will be better later in the season than they are now due to new starters who need more game experience.

I think CPA will be in a good position to beat Goodpasture later in the year, but they have to improve their run defense because that is Goodpasture's strength. I think they will barring any more injuries.

DCA vs. CPA - a great game every year and a lot of fun. Both teams have a lot of class and great coaching.

I'll go with my Lions - 28-21