Mckenzie vs. Bruceton

pizzaman1

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ADVISOR has a question. Can someone tell me how many players are on Bruceton's roster? Also, does anyone know how many players the Rebels will dress Friday night? Do both teams also dress Freshmen? Does any of them play? The ADVISOR seems to be confused!!!

Bruceton has around 33 players-i think.

freshmen will dress and at least for bruceton some freshmen will play.

Thanks duckman38201 for the info! However, you're info, although extremely accurate I'm sure, proves my point. If McKenzie only dresses 44 Fighting Rebels on any given Friday........Freshmen included.........how in the world do some of the Bruceton Central fans and Mckenzie faithful explain a Championship game in week 2?? I believe both teams played in a jamboree which means neither team had a official game during Week 0. I must also assume that with only 44 players, some play on both sides of the ball. Therefore, each team is only a single injury away from sitting at home Week 11 regardless of Friday night's score. I understand that Union City took a beating from the best team EVER (according to another thread) last week. Lake County also put up 27 points against a very respectable Golden Tide squad. I seriously doubt the playoffs will begin in Week 3 in any other area of the state with the exception being Carroll County.

However.....the Advisor types in Rebel RED feeling a McKenzie victory this coming Friday! How can anyone pick against the Alma Mater of one of the best defensive coaches in Tennessee?? For extra credit............can anyone name this former Rebel???

Personally, I'm not predicting a region winner this weekend. I'm just stating what the media predictors are saying. In fact, I haven't precdicted a winner to this game. I have only pointed out thet the Rebels are a capable and willing team and will show up to play Friday night!!! True the depth is not great for either team. That's the story in class A all across the state.

I agree that the Rebels are capable of winning this game but, it's awful early to ask a team to peak in the next 3 weeks too. Nothing much matters untill the playoffs as long as you make them. Ask Lake Co. (2006)!!!!!

For once I can agree with a Mckenzie fan, Jamborees are designed as a fund raiser and as an opportunity to get some jitters out of the players system by getting in front of a large crowd. I agree you can't take much away from a jamboree as far as football goes. Usually teams only run a limited number of plays and the defense doesn't show much either.

Now stangfan, you know we've agreed more tban once!!!

I'm not predicting a state championship or even a winner this Friday night at Bruceton but, the Tigers aren't gonna romp on us at will unless we have a total break down!!!! This area of NW TN is gonna be in for some surprises this seasnon and they will come later in the season rather than now just like last season in class A. This is gonna be fun!! Not looking foreward to ya'll and Trenton though!!!!

Now stangfan, you know we've agreed more tban once!!!

I'm not predicting a state championship or even a winner this Friday night at Bruceton but, the Tigers aren't gonna romp on us at will unless we have a total break down!!!! This area of NW TN is gonna be in for some surprises this seasnon and they will come later in the season rather than now just like last season in class A. This is gonna be fun!! Not looking foreward to ya'll and Trenton though!!!!

...All this LOVE in here between the Duck & 'Stang! Wow! Let's work on the cure for cancer, common cold, or world peace QUICK!

Ya'll have a great game Friday, either way!

Guest Advisor

Personally, I'm not predicting a region winner this weekend. I'm just stating what the media predictors are saying. In fact, I haven't precdicted a winner to this game. I have only pointed out thet the Rebels are a capable and willing team and will show up to play Friday night!!! True the depth is not great for either team. That's the story in class A all across the state.

I agree that the Rebels are capable of winning this game but, it's awful early to ask a team to peak in the next 3 weeks too. Nothing much matters untill the playoffs as long as you make them. Ask Lake Co. (2006)!!!!!

NOW........that's the attitude to have my Quacking -Phil Robertson look-a-like of a friend!!! Exactly the mindset all of Rebelville should be thinking! Solid and consistant play on offense, timely defensive stands, and clutch performances from the athletic trainers keeping injuries to a minimum are what drives teams deep into the playoffs! (field goals and a punt return here and there also help) Traditionally, those who make early and bold predictions about their playoff fate, usually watch the playoffs from a neighboring community. It's good to see that the DUCK COMMANDER knows how to be hopeful yet humble!

Can't wait to see how this battle of Carroll County turns out. If all of Hollow-Rock and Vale turn out for this one, it could be a challenge for the Rebels as Central High is a tough place to win! Last one out of Mckenzie turn out the light!! Good Luck Rebs!!