Mckenzie vs. Bruceton

pizzaman1

I've said it before and will say it again. Jamborees stink!! The only thing they are good for is a fund raiser for the participating schools--mostly Huntingdon and to give the teams a little boost getting ready for the REAL games.

You might check with Dresden about the Rebel run D and Carr's passing accuracy. And I don't know how the Rebels keep coming up with these receivers but we have a good stable of them again this season. We'll all know for sure in 3 days or so!! True Bruceton has some fine athletes---------so does McKenzie. It's gonna be a good 'un in my thinkin'.

If you are hanging your hat and predictions on the Jamboree and last season you're gonna be picking it up off the floor a lot!!!!

Hope both teams come out of the game healthy.

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree with everything you say EXCEPT checking with Dresden about the Rebel Run Def....honestly I don't even know who Dresden has at QB or RB this year and when 1A McKenzie thumps a 2A Dresden team more than likely Dresden's Offense isn't the best...Look what Bruceton has to offer ya in the backfield....Alex Matlock at FB and Chad Jordan at RB....on the McKenzie offensive side of the ball you have a passing attack full of long bombs coming at ya...I do not know how Bruceton's defense is this year but IMO this will be a very high scoring game...I'll go Bruceton 41 to McKenzie's 42 LET 'EM PLAY!!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said it before and will say it again. Jamborees stink!! The only thing they are good for is a fund raiser for the participating schools--mostly Huntingdon and to give the teams a little boost getting ready for the REAL games.

For once I can agree with a Mckenzie fan, Jamborees are designed as a fund raiser and as an opportunity to get some jitters out of the players system by getting in front of a large crowd. I agree you can't take much away from a jamboree as far as football goes. Usually teams only run a limited number of plays and the defense doesn't show much either.

I agree with everything you say EXCEPT checking with Dresden about the Rebel Run Def....honestly I don't even know who Dresden has at QB or RB this year and when 1A McKenzie thumps a 2A Dresden team more than likely Dresden's Offense isn't the best...Look what Bruceton has to offer ya in the backfield....Alex Matlock at FB and Chad Jordan at RB....on the McKenzie offensive side of the ball you have a passing attack full of long bombs coming at ya...I do not know how Bruceton's defense is this year but IMO this will be a very high scoring game...I'll go Bruceton 41 to McKenzie's 42 LET 'EM PLAY!!!!

You can throw out the 1A - 2A argument. Dresden is a small 2A and Mckenzie is one of if not the largest 1A schools in the state. There is probably not over 20 students difference at the most. Nothing against Dresden but I think they are in for a long season this year.

You can throw out the 1A - 2A argument. Dresden is a small 2A and Mckenzie is one of if not the largest 1A schools in the state. There is probably not over 20 students difference at the most. Nothing against Dresden but I think they are in for a long season this year.

2006 #s(last classification year)

Hollow Rock 224(2004-240)

McKenzie 382(2004-366)

Huntingdon 407(2004-414)

Dresden 432(2004-415)

Alcoa 473(2004-411)

It basically comes down to just a few things in any community: PLAYERS(not the participants on alot of teams), coaching, administrative support and a community that rallies behind their team. If you look at the list above it becomes pretty obvious where some have IT and some don't or are building it.

i say Bructon.

Last year Bruceton did horrible in the first half of the game. however, in the second half they lined up and physically dominated over mckenzie. If bruceton lines up and does what they do, which is hit you in the mouth and run over you, there is now way that mckenzie will win.

you have to look at Derek Carr, of course, he is a good QB but he can;t throw any TD's if bruceton hits him every play!

I too think Dresden is in for a longgg season..but how many times in the past few years have you heard Dresden being beaten by over 40 points?

The ADVISOR has a question. Can someone tell me how many players are on Bruceton's roster? Also, does anyone know how many players the Rebels will dress Friday night? Do both teams also dress Freshmen? Does any of them play? The ADVISOR seems to be confused!!!

McKenzie lists 44 on the roster and I know of at least two who will not dress out.

We do dress out Freshmen but, haven't seen any on the field yet that I know of.

GCPioneer and stangfan,

First, I have never personally mentioned the class A vs. class AA "arguement" in this thread (look back thru the thread and check me out)!!! That wasn't my point at all. And I agree that Dresden is in for a long season in region 8AA. Heck, McKenzie would be in for a long season in 8AA (and Bruceton and a lot of other folks).

GCPioneer, it really doesn't matter who Dresden's QB and RB are. The Lions were dominated at the line of scrimmage and could never get a play going to speak of. Jordan and Matlock aren't new faces to the Rebels either. It's gonna be a good one IMHO but O's are like ----wait, can't say that on here!

Also, Bruceton (just like Dresden) won't get a steady diet of "bombs" thrown at them. We're not back in the Drew Hayes era (which was a lot of fun for us then) and the short to intermediate passes will show up too. I would say off the top of my head that the Rebels ran the ball 60-65 % of the time against Dresden if not more.