The Eye in The Sky

singray

Friday nights game between Macon County and Westmoreland went into to overtime with a close score for one reason. Number 88 for Westmoreland made a tremendous block on a punt return for a touchdown. He had his head in front of the defender in a picture perfect manner. He knocked the defender into two other defenders with all three of them going to the ground. He was called for an illegal block. I have watched the film 4 times and it makes me sick. I urge the TSSAA to look at the film of this call. Make the ref who made the call accountable for his actions. These games are a big deal. Every job has a accuracy checking system, when I make mistakes on my job that makes such a great impact, I am held accountable. If this was an honest mistake by an official, then please learn from this. I have no problem with any other call that was made that night. Our fans thought we had recovered a fumble when Macon's QB lost the ball out of his hands while attempting a pass. He did not fumble, the call was correct because his arm was in a forward motion when the ball slipped out.