Page @ CAK

taylorcm7190

Thanks Buc fan and the other fans that have supported CAK from other schools. Boyd Buchannan was a team that whipped up on us pretty good in the semifinals the second year we had a football program, but BB also showed us what it took to be a good football team.

I know the community of CAK appreciates that you have respect for our actions, now our guys are all boy and as you know during a football game there will be times, when some sort of unsportsmanlike conduct may slip out from time to time, we just hope that this is at a minimum. Sure people like to get on here and stir the pot. It is fun. I believe a lot of these blogs are not from players but from fans. But the players do read them. CoachT has provided us with a great forum to talk about high school football.

Boyd is a class act team as well, congratulations on the win. It is funny, if we hadnt played you guys we might check the scores on Sunday just to see who won or lost around the state, but I end up going and checking out the stats.

I believe that Page will be a good team for CAK to play, they spread it out and throw it down the field. We will see this with alcoa, ok, Alcoa keeps it tight and throws it down the field, but I think that every game win or loose you come away with a measuring stick for your strenghts, weaknesses, and you pride. There has been many a football game won on heart and pride, so dont let that fool you. On paper one team may be better, but last time I checked the game was played on grass not paper. From a paper stand point if CAK plays the way they have been playing and Page plays the way they have been playing, I believe CAK wins this one. I wouldnt be surprised if it is close at the half. But in the end, I think CAK will prevail.

Dont get cocky, dont get arrogant, play your best, and leave it all out on the field and you will be fine. Win or loose if you do those things you have nothing to be ashamed of.

I am expecting a big game from another CAK linebacker besides just Bennett this week. Wes Stooksbury, has gotten little credit over his tenure at Linebacker, but from previous outings, he may be the best LB that CAK has at covering the pass, so if Page throws the ball a lot, I expect Wes to have a good game. He has 3 pass breakups so far this season...He dropped one that hit him in the weak spot, his hands, but I guess that is why he is a LB and an OL. Bennett will get his tackles, he has a nose for the football and runs extremely well. another LB pardon me on spelling John Guafenson. Transfered from Farragut after his Soph year, he sat out last year and has started at outside LB, last week against Loudon he played big. I hope to see his improvement continue has he gets back in the flow of playing under the Friday night lights!

Good Luck to both teams, I hope everyone stays injury free!

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you a hundred percent "Big Country"! I know that page hasnt looked up to par the last couple of weeks but they have big play maker guys that will get the job done. I think after that beating the took last week they are more focused and determined to beat the smaller CAK!

Smaller? CAK has 62 players on their roster and if I counted correctly Page has 38 players. You may be talking about a smaller classification, yes that is true, but CAK knocked of 4-A Powell in the Jamboree and 4-A Cherokee earlier in the year. So that doesnt matter. You may have more people at your school but does that really matter if they arent playing football? Good Luck to both teams but I think CAK wins by 21

If Page has their two additional playmakers who have been out, this will be much closer than you think.

If Page is healthy....something they have not been yet this season.....it will be close.

I am counting on you guys to get ready for the Region run in 5-3a.

It sure doesn't look like anyone on here thinks you have a chance.

Go Page!!!!!!!!!!!

As a football fan you always look at how you match up throughout the overall season. Doesnt mean anything personal, but you may say "cherokee runs the wing t that is good we will see that a couple more times this season" or "Page has a good QB and throws well, that is good we havent played a throwing team so far" That isnt saying that a fan has no respect for an upcoming opponent. but just like you all, Region games are a big concern. Page is not in our part of the state, our classification or our region. So our knowledge about page is what you read, unless you are just a super fan and can list every school what there specialties are like lining up in the diamond formation, or that the middle receiver usually runs a streak, the inside receiver usually runs a post and the outside receiver usually runs a curl, with the back receiver being the check down receiver and the backside usually runs a backside post and the qb is reading the flat. Then it is just speculation! I do know that you have a great coach. He has been a part of some great programs and I expect that he will have Page ready when it becomes go time on Friday night.

As far as CAK being a powerhouse, I would by no means say CAK is a powerhouse, they are having a good season so far, and there is an excitement associated with that. I will not appologize for excitement surrounding a football team or school. Now predictions, this isnt Leonards Losers, its CoachT, so take predictions on here for what they are, a fan or someone associated with a certain school who is biased!