Page @ CAK

taylorcm7190

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Methinks that Vandy1 is stalking me. Pageman is the best on stats. Sorry Vandy but your comments count the same as mine..one each. Now vandy...I don't "hate" anyone that is not the right way to feel about people. But you got to be kidding if you don't think DL and CAK broadcasts are unbelievably "homered" to the hilt. Just my very unqualified and biased opinion.

Guys, simply put....can anyone answer the very simple question I asked MORE than once. Can anyone attend CAK for free or does a person have to pay "tuition"?

The ref remark is strictly geared towards the fact that most East Tn officials are weaker than the rest of the state....you CAK folks jumped on the "refs screwed us comment" and that "CAK cheats"/ GoVols needs to read the post not interpret what he thinks it means

Everytime this comes up...the attack dogs from private schools get too bent out of shape. Facts are facts. The state will rectify some of this with a possible change in the multiplier or a split next year

I wish CAK well. They obviously have a good team and should go far......but Alcoa is a beast and I have seen them on film

Methinks that Vandy1 is stalking me. Pageman is the best on stats. Sorry Vandy but your comments count the same as mine..one each. Now vandy...I don't "hate" anyone that is not the right way to feel about people. But you got to be kidding if you don't think DL and CAK broadcasts are unbelievably "homered" to the hilt. Just my very unqualified and biased opinion.

Guys, simply put....can anyone answer the very simple question I asked MORE than once. Can anyone attend CAK for free or does a person have to pay "tuition"?

The ref remark is strictly geared towards the fact that most East Tn officials are weaker than the rest of the state....you CAK folks jumped on the "refs screwed us comment" and that "CAK cheats"/ GoVols needs to read the post not interpret what he thinks it means

Everytime this comes up...the attack dogs from private schools get too bent out of shape. Facts are facts. The state will rectify some of this with a possible change in the multiplier or a split next year

I wish CAK well. They obviously have a good team and should go far......but Alcoa is a beast and I have seen them on film

Everyone has to pay tuition at cak. Some people may receive discount/aid for things like having more than one child at the school, your father or mother teaching at the school, or some other reason BUT no one can except any of these discounts/aids if he/she plays a HS varsity sport. I myself play a varsity sport at CAK (not football) and have to pay the full tuition amount.

CAK mercenaries win over Page 34-9.....13-9 at the half...Page QB got hurt...Neel took over....in my opinion makes Page very dangerous going into region play.

CAK has good athletes...18 good srs...which is very big for a 2a??? school....

Looking forward to a rematch with Middle Tn refs next year.....mark it down!!!

When you refer to CAK's athletes as mercenaries and question the number of SR.'s on the team the inference is obvious given that CAK is a division one school and can not legally offer tuition assistance to an athlete. Anyone reading your post would conclude that is what you are implying. If that is not what you meant to imply, then you could clarify if you so choose. Instead, you suggest re-reading your original post. It implies the same thing it did several hours ago when you first posted it.

By making the statement that you look forward to a rematch with middle TN refs next year, the implication is equally obvious, that you think the team you are speaking for didn't get a fair shake. I'm not sure the refs could make a 25 - 26 point difference if they had absolutely no integrity and intentionally tried to throw a game, but they certainly couldn't change the outcome to that degree if they were trying to do their job and just made honest mistakes.

You throw around thinly veiled assertions that CAK is not acting with honesty and integrity. If you are going to throw that garbage out, I personally would like to hear your evidence. No one likes to lose a game or even have a down year; that is totally understandable. But acting like a your opponent is engaging in questionable practices is uncalled for.

I will try to answer the question you have asked more than once: Can anyone attend CAK or do you have to pay tuition to attend? CAK is a private school, which means that there is a tuition charge to attend, but you already knew that because you knew CAK was a private school. There are students at CAK that receive tuition assistance to go to school there, but they are not allowed to participate in athletics. This even includes cheerleading, not just football, basketball, etc. I personally know of a kid who would like to play but receives tuition assistance and therefore can not. My opinion: most parents who send their kids to CAK do so because they want a Christian school environment that also has great academics, while at the same time gives their kids an opportunity to enjoy the extra curricular activities they would have at a public school. Maybe CAK will one day be a place that people send their kids just because they want them to play football there, but that simply is not a realistic situation now. CAK's football program is all of about 6 years old. Consider that within 30 minutes of CAK, there are a number of schools that you can attend that won or competed for a state championship within the last 2 years: Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Webb, Fulton. This year, many believe you may be able to add Farragut and Knoxville Catholic to that list. There are a number of great schools you can send your kid to play great football.

This is a forum where people can state their opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours. However, it is not difficult to infer what you mean when you throw out terms like "mercenaries" and question the number of seniors as if there is something "unusual" here. To the best of my knowledge, no one on this topic threw out anything negative about Page, in fact just the opposite. We love our school and program just like you love yours. I suspect you wouldn't enjoy people indicating your program is not above board with nothing to substantiate it. I personally don't care what you as one person think, but if someone doesn't call you on it, that may appear to others that you are correct. It is noteworthy that you are so quick to criticize the broadcasts "homers" for mistaking Franklin vs. Franklin county, which is an honest and harmless mistake. But you don't hesitate to question our school without getting your facts straight.

Having said all that, I suspect you are just frustrated with how things have started for your program. I hope Page bounces back and has a great rest of the season.

When you refer to CAK's athletes as mercenaries and question the number of SR.'s on the team the inference is obvious given that CAK is a division one school and can not legally offer tuition assistance to an athlete. Anyone reading your post would conclude that is what you are implying. If that is not what you meant to imply, then you could clarify if you so choose. Instead, you suggest re-reading your original post. It implies the same thing it did several hours ago when you first posted it.

By making the statement that you look forward to a rematch with middle TN refs next year, the implication is equally obvious, that you think the team you are speaking for didn't get a fair shake. I'm not sure the refs could make a 25 - 26 point difference if they had absolutely no integrity and intentionally tried to throw a game, but they certainly couldn't change the outcome to that degree if they were trying to do their job and just made honest mistakes.

You throw around thinly veiled assertions that CAK is not acting with honesty and integrity. If you are going to throw that garbage out, I personally would like to hear your evidence. No one likes to lose a game or even have a down year; that is totally understandable. But acting like a your opponent is engaging in questionable practices is uncalled for.

I will try to answer the question you have asked more than once: Can anyone attend CAK or do you have to pay tuition to attend? CAK is a private school, which means that there is a tuition charge to attend, but you already knew that because you knew CAK was a private school. There are students at CAK that receive tuition assistance to go to school there, but they are not allowed to participate in athletics. This even includes cheerleading, not just football, basketball, etc. I personally know of a kid who would like to play but receives tuition assistance and therefore can not. My opinion: most parents who send their kids to CAK do so because they want a Christian school environment that also has great academics, while at the same time gives their kids an opportunity to enjoy the extra curricular activities they would have at a public school. Maybe CAK will one day be a place that people send their kids just because they want them to play football there, but that simply is not a realistic situation now. CAK's football program is all of about 6 years old. Consider that within 30 minutes of CAK, there are a number of schools that you can attend that won or competed for a state championship within the last 2 years: Maryville, Alcoa, Oak Ridge, Webb, Fulton. This year, many believe you may be able to add Farragut and Knoxville Catholic to that list. There are a number of great schools you can send your kid to play great football.

This is a forum where people can state their opinions, and you are certainly entitled to yours. However, it is not difficult to infer what you mean when you throw out terms like "mercenaries" and question the number of seniors as if there is something "unusual" here. To the best of my knowledge, no one on this topic threw out anything negative about Page, in fact just the opposite. We love our school and program just like you love yours. I suspect you wouldn't enjoy people indicating your program is not above board with nothing to substantiate it. I personally don't care what you as one person think, but if someone doesn't call you on it, that may appear to others that you are correct. It is noteworthy that you are so quick to criticize the broadcasts "homers" for mistaking Franklin vs. Franklin county, which is an honest and harmless mistake. But you don't hesitate to question our school without getting your facts straight.

Having said all that, I suspect you are just frustrated with how things have started for your program. I hope Page bounces back and has a great rest of the season.

/cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> you said it perfect

My comments were not thinly veiled. I am opposed to any private schools playing public schools.

The idea that private schools are on a "level" playing field is ridiculous and that is why there is a "multiplier.

Instead of hanging together in the public school arena and helping communities make it work thru "zoning", the state allows the opening of private schools for?????.....the opinions are many.

Your endless diatribe only shows another display of......heck.....why waste my breath. I am never going to change my mind and I doubt you will change yours.

I have given my thoughts and these are mine only. The coach at Page will play anyone anytime without thought to who they are. But don't give me static for the truth.......Point now is to move on like I tried to do earlier.

I have given my thoughts and these are mine only. The coach at Page will play anyone anytime without thought to who they are. But don't give me static for the truth.......Point now is to move on like I tried to do earlier.

Sounds like your coach knows what will help him and his players improve in the long run.