Lenoir City vs Anderson County

pantherfan1

Well Powell didn`t bring there varsity but LC sure played there starting varsity players!!! Real fair for those other boys who had worked hard and was ready to play and didn`t get to because LC needed a win from something.

Yes, there were several kids who played JV against Karns who did not get on the field against Powell bacause kids who normally start or play a whole lot on varsity were brought down to play JV. I guess the coaches felt they needed some kind of win. But we're back to playing the same kids both ways in both games, varsity and JV - don't know how that develops the team. Hope those kids who don't play freshman ball and don't get in a lot on varsity can keep their chins up and stick with it, because they are obviously not going to play much on JV.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there were several kids who played JV against Karns who did not get on the field against Powell bacause kids who normally start or play a whole lot on varsity were brought down to play JV. I guess the coaches felt they needed some kind of win. But we're back to playing the same kids both ways in both games, varsity and JV - don't know how that develops the team. Hope those kids who don't play freshman ball and don't get in a lot on varsity can keep their chins up and stick with it, because they are obviously not going to play much on JV.

I hope they keep there heads up also.

LC has trouble stopping the run. The 4-3 depends on the linebackers for tackles and the linemen to keep the o line off the backers. I would suggest LC going to a 5-3 or 5-4 defense. Puts more pressure on the O line and puts more in the box. LC linebackers are too deep and only stop the run after large gains. We will see if LC adjusts against Anderson County.