Community@ Jo Byrns

Shep

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i dont know if u can call that talking smack, i'm saving the smack talking for later in the season!!!!! LOL All I know is I hope Jo Byrns wins every game this year, and although i cant come to many of the games due to my games, i am behind them all the way!!!!

your games are you playin somewhere?...........vol state?

Darn it..........You guys have got us figured out!............Now what do we do coach??????????

All we can do is wait, hope, and pray both of our teams get to Round 3. Then we'll see who has who figured out. 'Till then...Good luck MP and hope ya'll stay healthy, 'cause Nov. 23 will be here before you know it.

Yeah go ahead and put way too much stock into talent. MP had more talent than JBS the last couple of years and they have split the games. I will go 1 step farther and say that JBS is simply better than MP this year and unfortunately they will not be meeting b/c MP will stumble b/4 the 3rd round. Mark my words; they should have put someone else who is capable at QB and use Marco in alot of diff. scenerios. I believe the good 1A teams have MP figured out and it will show come play-off time. Honestly, I know it is still early but if JBS keeps their head striat this time around it is theirs to lose.

yall think what yall want i know jbs football a lot more than you think trust me it is one thing to watch and another to play against someone. You have atheletes dont get me wrong but not but a handful with heart You have to be willing to step up and take the big hit for you team even if it dont look good. It is one thing to be athletic and take the hit it is another to be athletic and not take the hit and you have two in your backfield. and you can ask tuck if i an right about that. Last year jbs was the most talented team no doubt. Thats football that is where the heart comes in.

You're right, I don't agree. I know they do have the talent to win state. Forrest will be "A" test not a true test. Lastly, tackling requires more than just talent...proper defensive scheming, execution, technique, and talent. A combination of 21, 33, 58, 5, 56, & 36 (to name a few) can get the job done. Last year we had everything except the technique. I know we knew how to tackle we just didn???t do it.

It???s going to take more than just tackling to beat mTp or any other team for that matter. Don???t forget, the JB offense had a chance to win the game in the final seconds but they didn???t come through. Don???t put it all on the defense. But we???ll worry about that when it gets here.

In the meanwhile, be on the look out for a Red Carpet (AKA JB???s offense) because you just might get burned. GO BIG RED.

you are correct they did have a chance i was at that game and didnt yalls all state quarterback take a game ending sack with twenty secounds left. that really sounds like a leader a leader is mentally prepared before every play. and the sad thing was yall was about ten yards away from field goal range. If i was jbs qb i an giving one of those two stud wr yall had last year a chance to make a play before a sack. I really thought the d was okay.

you are correct they did have a chance i was at that game and didnt yalls all state quarterback take a game ending sack with twenty secounds left. that really sounds like a leader a leader is mentally prepared before every play. and the sad thing was yall was about ten yards away from field goal range. If i was jbs qb i an giving one of those two stud wr yall had last year a chance to make a play before a sack. I really thought the d was okay.

There's no doubt mistakes were made but I don't know if I would question someone??™s leadership just because he made a mistake. The guy was trying to make a play. But I see where you're going with your past two posts. All I can go by is what I see and I haven't seen anything that would lead me to believe they can't win state. You can question their heart or willingness to take a hit all you want but from the stands, that's the last thing I'm worried about. "The two in the back field"...if you're talking about #7 & #1; from my vantage point there's no problem with hitting that I can see. If anything, they should quit trying to lay the wood so much and wrap up more. Lastly, football players come in all shapes, sizes, and personalities so what works for one may not work for the other. You've got to have hard nosed guys and you need to have some finesse type players. JB has both.