2A Standings going into Week 3

riverrat

If we went into the playoffs right now in 2A this would be a ROUGH guess of who would be in. I took the teams with the best records in their regions and then used the power ratings to get the at large taking into account their current records. Again this is rough and I may try to update this week to week using the actual tiebreakers when we get closer to time to kind of give us a who is in and who needs to do something to get in. Well here it is by region. Then seed. All 4s are at large.

1 Gatlinburg-Pittman (3-0)

2 Cumberland Gap (2-0)

3 Happy Valley (1-2)

1 Alcoa (2-1)

2 CAK (3-0)

3 Loudon (2-1)

4 Rockwood (3-0)

4 Sweetwater (2-1)

1 Tyner (1-1)

2 Boyd Buchanan (1-2)

3 Sequatchie County (1-2)

1 Smith County (3-0)

2 York Institute (2-0)

3 Westmoreland (2-1)

1 Goodpasture (3-0)

2 CPA (1-1)

3 DCA (2-1)

1 Lewis County (3-0)

2 Hickman County (2-0)

3 Harpeth (2-0)

1 Camden (2-0)

2 Huntingdon (1-1)

3 Stewart County (2-1)

1 Milan (1-1)

2 Westview (2-0)

3 Peabody (2-1)

4 Humboldt (2-1)

4 Jackson Christian (1-1)

4 USJ (1-1)

1 Booker T. Washington (0-2)

2 Carver (1-2)

3 Westwood (0-3)

The top 5 from region 2 and region 8 would be my picks as well. These are the two toughest regions in the state so this is how it may pan out. the only thing is teams like sweetwater, usj, humbolt and jcs with one loss already have to be careful who they scheduled out of conference because total wins-losses are the first tie breaker.

It is way too early to even attempt to determine who will be in the 2a playoffs. Most teams have only played one or two region games at best. There is an error in your theory on making the playoffs too. After the top three in each region are set, overall record is used to determine the wild card entries. Power rankings has nothing to do with it. A tie breaker will be used to determine the 32nd spot if there are multiple teams with the same overall record needing that last slot. Week 7 or 8 would be a better time to look into how the playoff teams might shake out as far as the region top three qualifiers go. Week 8 or 9 would be better to look at the wild card entries.

I do wish there was a way to determine the best 32 teams period. Let's face it, there are some regions who do not even realistically deserve 3 teams qualifying while there are a couple who could possibly get 6 in legit.

I do wish there was a way to determine the best 32 teams period. Let's face it, there are some regions who do not even realistically deserve 3 teams qualifying while there are a couple who could possibly get 6 in legit.

Even more realistic, we could go to 16 but its all about the $$$$$

and seven state champions, what a friggin joke. but again money talks and in this case it screams!

It is way too early to even attempt to determine who will be in the 2a playoffs. Most teams have only played one or two region games at best. There is an error in your theory on making the playoffs too. After the top three in each region are set, overall record is used to determine the wild card entries. Power rankings has nothing to do with it. A tie breaker will be used to determine the 32nd spot if there are multiple teams with the same overall record needing that last slot. Week 7 or 8 would be a better time to look into how the playoff teams might shake out as far as the region top three qualifiers go. Week 8 or 9 would be better to look at the wild card entries.

You are right about the power ratings and it being to early. I just used the power ratings on the 1 win teams to fill out my 32. I am just doing it for kicks, to educate and conversate.