Marshall Co. @ Page

middletnathletics

The one thing that Page knows and MC knows is that Page can get it done against the Tigers.....records mean nothing...case in point...the Page 01 team was 1-6 going to MC to play the region champs....changed the offense that week and beat the Tigers 33-23....then went on to make the playoffs where they almost pulled off a major upset over an over-rated Crockett team.

Now the 2001 Crockett team was not overrated. That team beat Page in the first round when Elliott was denied at the goal line at the end of regulation. The following week they beat a very talented JSS bunch 9-7. That score remained the same the next week when Crockett beat Sycamore (THAT WAS MY FINAL HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL GAME) 9-7 on a Diaz FG that hit the cross bar and bounced in. The next week in the semifinals Crockett beat the Lareyko Boykin-LESS Covington Chargers 23-3. Finally in the state title game Crockett was beaten by Austin East 27-21.

McNairy is actually the team that won 6-3A that year and was 11-0 and ranked #1 in the state in Class 3A before we, Sycamore, beat them in the second round of the playoffs 38-7. The Bobcats beat Crockett Co. that season 28-14.

In 2002 Crockett Co. was very good. They went 13-1. They beat Cheatham Co. 49-21 in the opening round of the playoffs. In the second round they saw a 21-0 lead over Greenbrier turn into a 21-20 game that they held on to win when Greenbrier went for two and missed it. In the quarterfinals Crockett Co. beat an 11-2 Marshall Co. team 45-0. The semifinals is when Crockett lost and it came to eventual state champs Ridgeway 29-0.

Now the 2003 Crockett team might be the one you are thinking of bulldog. That's the bunch that crushed Marshall Co. in the first round 42-7. In the second round they survived against Page 21-20. In the quarterfinals Crockett was "upset" on the road at Greenbrier. That was the game where Earnest Williams broke his ankle in the early stages of the contest and the Bobcats slowed down the Cavaliers from there. Greenbrier eventually lost in the state semifinals to Covington that year.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The favorite has not won the last three games in this series.

This game means a lot but was the marqee game when they were both powerhouses. The rivalry goes way back even when both teams were a little down. I sure miss Coach J Edgar Hoover...errr...I mean Coach Mac. He single-handed got Page motivated every year.

The difference in this game should be Hightower....followed closely by some very good athletes.

Page has had a tough road this year....even though we won last year...we are better this year and it is still an uphill battle.

I am worried about Marshall's big play potential...something that Page has given up some

The key to our effort is having everyone healthy. QB still a question mark at Page with some injury question. Might cause some preparation issues if there is a change.

This game should not be high scoring like it has been.

yes MC does have a potiental big play every play. they showed that against creek wood.

i agree that marshall co will win. considering that the page coaches forget that they have more than 2 players on the team. it seems to win you need to use all the talent you have avaliable. because you need to have fresh legs in or you will get very tired and the other team will seem to find your 2 players that you use every time.

I find this funny. Last year all you heard was that it is the coaches fault. They are not using talent. So Page gets arguably the best coach in Williamson County and now again this year it is the coaches fault. Have you ever stopped to think that just maybe there isn't a lot of talent at Page. All their receivers other than Neel are slow and he is hurt. Then on top of being slow they can't catch. And when it is a run play the WR jog off the line. You sound like an upset parent who thinks his son is the greatest and in reality so blind to the obvious. I heard that last week a lot of the seniors were benched because of lack of effort. I think that is exactly what should happen. You all beat a good man(coach P) down talking behind his back and now you are doing the same thing to another good man in Daniels. We have our problems at Independence but hearing this same old song from Page is getting old. Take a look in the mirror before blaming the coaches.

Good post Cowboys. Coach Daniels will turn the Page program around its not going to happen over night. And your right Page doesn't have alot of talent for different reasons. And as far as having only 2 players no one should be saying that because all in all the two players that everyone is talking about are great players but this year has not been a big factor for Page due to some injurys. It is a team sport so it takes a team effort from every player not just a couple. Page is a young team and I think Daniels will have a good team in the next year or two. Good luck Page behind you all the way.

I find this funny. Last year all you heard was that it is the coaches fault. They are not using talent. So Page gets arguably the best coach in Williamson County and now again this year it is the coaches fault. Have you ever stopped to think that just maybe there isn't a lot of talent at Page. All their receivers other than Neel are slow and he is hurt. Then on top of being slow they can't catch. And when it is a run play the WR jog off the line. You sound like an upset parent who thinks his son is the greatest and in reality so blind to the obvious. I heard that last week a lot of the seniors were benched because of lack of effort. I think that is exactly what should happen. You all beat a good man(coach P) down talking behind his back and now you are doing the same thing to another good man in Daniels. We have our problems at Independence but hearing this same old song from Page is getting old. Take a look in the mirror before blaming the coaches.

i agree coach p was a good man,i also agree that coach daniels is a great coach.but when you watch the game and see what the team is going to do before they do it,that s not good.they do have a young qb and he is learning but you can tell when he is going to neel on a pass or to lankford on the run,who averages 2 yards per carry.i also agree the wr jog off the line but dont you think that the wr coach should address that. there is alot of room for improvement and will.get there.you cant always blame the boys when they are running the plays that are being called in from the sideline.ohh and by the way i"m a fan of page high football and dont have anyone playing.and i know every team has thier own troubles.also, i forgot to mention the coaches did bench everyone on defence except neel and lankford.

Meanwhile...back to the game at hand. Those last posts sound like MC of the last few yrs....and I know I don't want to go thru that.

Daniels is the MAN. Daniels is in charge. You play all out for him or you don't play. Last time that I checked, a lot of teams' coaches are like that.

It is easy to oversimplify that Page only runs a few of this and that. Fact is...they have growing pains. Daniels has been thru that with other teams. The players would be wise to listen because he has benn there before.

I just want to see everyone healthy and in their best position to see what we actually can do. If that happens then we will be competitive.

Ive heard from a fairly reliable source that he has a full ride from bama but is holding out for TN... I went to watch the Creekwood vs. Marshall County game and sure enough... UT scouts were in the stands...

He has been offered by UT, Bama, Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Middle Tn, Ga Tech, Aubuurn all full offers. South Carolina, Lsu, Florida, Colorada, And NC State are interested.