Brainerd @ Rhea

MRSTUD

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game is going to be a good one. This game could help decide the region championship, 2nd, and 3rd. Brainerd has more speed than any team I have seen the Chattanooga Area in a long time. What may get them though is depth. They don't have a lot of players to back up the starters and if they can't stop the run game then Rhea will be able to control Brainerds D and wear them out. Now Brainerd's Offense will be another story. This will be probably the best offense Rhea will see besides McMinn's and some of the teams in the playoffs. Rhea defense will have to step up and continue to force turnovers and with a +9 ratio right now the chances are looking pretty good for turnovers. The other key will be contain. Contain the outside don't let brainerd get to the outside. Brainerd's line is small but fast so they run the zone block pretty well. Brainerd's QB is very very good. He can throw and take off if pressured. Moffet, Ryno, Hackler, and AJ will have their hands full with brainerd's wide receivers and so will brainerd with Moffet, Ryno, AJ, and Randy. Finch Chris and Newt Cagle should provide a lot of pressure but also be able to contain very well. Brainerd may not see another line as big as Rhea's until the playoffs after this game. The D-line is hungry for more sacks, and the O-line is looking to keep mowing down defensive fronts. I wonder if Brainerd is going to bring their band this time last time they didn't. This will provide a lot of answers to who will be able to have a shot to win the Region. The one thing that will help Rhea is the home field advantage. They are carrying a 8 game home winning streak. These next two game will push Rhea to it's limits and as long as they bend and don't break they should have a good shot at winning this week and next week. It is kind of weird to say this but this game as major playoff and region championship implications

Agree totally on this game. Still think Clevaland is overrated so its hard to gauge exactly how big the win was for Brainard agianst them. I am very impressed with the Rhea offense. I know the three teams we have played so far are weaker teams but I dont care who you are playing to be able to run the ball the way we have is very impressive. If the passinig games continues to improve as it has then Rhea will be hard to deal with the rest of the way. As for the defense the three middle linebackers are playing well as is the defnese as a whole. There is alot of talent on this team. Brainard will be a hard game for us because of the speed. Should be close and the winner should be guarenteed no less than second in the region for the playoffs.

I think the rc brainerd game is by far going to be the best game this year. rc has one of the best offences around. however brainerd has a nice defence so it should be a close one for sure. The joey england boy is a monster and will run all over you he should deffenatly start. either at a defensive end or full back.

I think the rc brainerd game is by far going to be the best game this year. rc has one of the best offences around. however brainerd has a nice defence so it should be a close one for sure. The joey england boy is a monster and will run all over you he should deffenatly start. either at a defensive end or full back.

Joey England is a good player and a good guy too. I noticed that he is working really hard everytime that I have watched the team pratice and play. If I remember right Joey will have a shot to run the ball based on how well he plays on defense. I think it was like after so many tackles or tackles for losses he gets a chance to run the ball, is what the coach told him. As for Joey starting this year at full back I think Chris has the spot locked up as the starting full back. Now he has and will get a good amount of playing time this year as a defensive end. Plus he is a Junior so he has got some more time coming next year. One other good thing about this team and Joey, he is just one of many players on this team that has loads of potential and talent.

Well, it's two days until gametime, and I still don't have a final score for the prediction. I think it will be a close one. I hear that this game is up for Channel 3 Game of the Week honors. I will pick Rhea by 10, but only if they can run with Brainerd's receivers.

I can't wait so much is on the line in this game. It will come down to who can handle the pressure. I think the Rhea secondary can run with brainerd's wide receivers. I also think the bigger question for Brainerd do they have enough to even try to stop the running game of Rhea and just the offense in general. This game could be come a high scoring game very easily.

And if anyone hasn't seen this video. It is truly inspriational. Hopefully this kid plays for Rhea next year.

http://wrcbtv.com/videowindow.cfm?sid=11225

It takes a minute to load.