Week 5 (9/20) SVC games

zonepirate

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey ZonePirate i have a couple of questions for you.

1. If you all (SP) win all your games against south teams, there is no reason you all won't be in the championship game. Correct?

2. Have you heard anything about Bledsoe and South Pittsburg NOT playing their regular season game on 9-27-07, if they know they will be playing each other in the championship game before then? I hope this is not the case, I think everyone would be cheated of a very good football game.

Hey ZonePirate i have a couple of questions for you.

1. If you all (SP) win all your games against south teams, there is no reason you all won't be in the championship game. Correct?

2. Have you heard anything about Bledsoe and South Pittsburg NOT playing their regular season game on 9-27-07, if they know they will be playing each other in the championship game before then? I hope this is not the case, I think everyone would be cheated of a very good football game.

1 - If we win against Whitwell this week we are South Division Champs. A win or loss at Jasper or the other 2 north division games on our schedule would not affect that. If we lose then a 3 way tie could be possible or Whitwell could win it by just winning out in the South. We just have to take care of business this week. Same for Bledsoe this week a win locks up the North but a loss could throw ya'll into a 3 way tie...big, big games for both teams this week !!! I don't remember the exact rules but opposite division games only make a difference in division rankings in a tie breaker situation

2 - That has been done in the past (the last 2 years it has worked out that way) so that the 2 teams could possibly be undefeated when they meet in the championship game. Bledsoe is the home team for the 9/27 game so they would have to chose to do that and then SP would have to agree also. If Bledsoe wants to play it we will be there...if they don't then they need to get in touch after we see the results Thursday. If either or both teams lose then it is a moot point because the division championship(s) would be up for grabs.

1 - If we win against Whitwell this week we are South Division Champs. A win or loss at Jasper or the other 2 north division games on our schedule would not affect that. If we lose then a 3 way tie could be possible or Whitwell could win it by just winning out in the South. We just have to take care of business this week. Same for Bledsoe this week a win locks up the North but a loss could throw ya'll into a 3 way tie...big, big games for both teams this week !!! I don't remember the exact rules but opposite division games only make a difference in division rankings in a tie breaker situation

2 - That has been done in the past (the last 2 years it has worked out that way) so that the 2 teams could possibly be undefeated when they meet in the championship game. Bledsoe is the home team for the 9/27 game so they would have to chose to do that and then SP would have to agree also. If Bledsoe wants to play it we will be there...if they don't then they need to get in touch after we see the results Thursday. If either or both teams lose then it is a moot point because the division championship(s) would be up for grabs.

I hope they play on the 27th.... It should be a good game....

From this morning.......Unless something changes the game will be played.

GOOD!

I can't wait to see this game.

I am going to the Rhea Central game tomorrow, but I really want to see the S.P. game.

Thanks for clearing up question #1, I had heard some scuttle butt, and it was just what I thought.(a rumor with no merit)

GOOD!I can't wait to see this game.I am going to the Rhea Central game tomorrow, but I really want to see the S.P. game.Thanks for clearing up question #1, I had heard some scuttle butt, and it was just what I thought.(a rumor with no merit)

Unless the rules have changed the Division Championship is based off of wins in your division with non-division win-loses only having an effect in tie breakers. I didn't go to the meeting this year but I would think somebody would have told me if a big change had occured. It should be good game but we had both better keep our sights on this week's games. We are both playing better teams than we have played all year. No gimmes this week.

Where will the championship game be played?

North Division Champ will host this year. It rotates between the north and south each year.