Rockwood vs. OS What's the thinking on this one?

eagleflight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dude i wish you would shut up and stick to the sweat bees. us in rockwood don't care bout yall in capitol city. yall won congrats but you better get ready cause i don't see a playoff berth for yall. as for rockwood i see a very good chance at a playoff berth. this week OS is coming off an emotional win. rockwood coming off a heartbreaking loss will come out hungry. from my experience rockwood isn't a great team during homecoming week but with the group of seniors they got i see a focused and hungry tigers. i got the tigers 31-10

Well if you read my post, that is exactly what i said, that your tigers had a very good chance at a playoff birth, in fact i said 2nd place was in your reach. I also said kingston didnt have much chance. Thanks for agreeing with me!

Hey HSsportznut, you tell me another game that is decided by 3 points that the QB threw 3 INTs and it didn't cost them a victory. Obviously you know nothing about football. I never said he wasn't having a good season, just a bad game that cost his teammates. You need to wake up and get real. Do us a favor and don't come to Rockwood anymore if you are going to spew stupidity.

Hey HSsportznut, you tell me another game that is decided by 3 points that the QB threw 3 INTs and it didn't cost them a victory. Obviously you know nothing about football. I never said he wasn't having a good season, just a bad game that cost his teammates. You need to wake up and get real. Do us a favor and don't come to Rockwood anymore if you are going to spew stupidity.

Lets talk about stupidity...first of all, a real fan doesnt gut shot his players like you do. You dont see me bad mouthing my own team! But lets deal in facts not name calling since you like to point out 3 ints. If you can read check out the roane county news. Your all state fullback (44) fumbled twice! Kingston fumbled a punt at the 34 setting Rockwood up for a possible field goal or touchdown drive. But on the third play Allen fumbled the ball and Kingston recovered! So Mr Allstate cost you points right there. In a 3 point game a fullback fumbling deep in enemy territory is a killer! Also, in the fourth quarter with the score 14-11, Rockwood put on a goal line stand, stopped us, and took over on downs inside the 10. Why Vic didnt kick I have no idea! BUT, Mr Allstate two plays later FUMBLED AGAIN and Kingston scored 3 plays later to go up 21-11! Allens fumble gave them 7 HUGE points at that a time when it was anybodys game!

Also, I would point out the stats at the bottom of the article. Mr allstate had a whopping 42 yds rushing. #41 had 38 and # 34 had 30. Which means your starting THREE running backs combined for 110 yards rushing. Your QB threw for 101 and rushed for 9 yds which totals up to suprisingly enough: 110yds! Same as the other 3 combined! Hmmm, one guy puts up as many yards by himself as the other 3 starters in the backfield COMBINED put up.

So who cost who the game? To quote a wise poster on here: "you tell me another game that is decided by 3 points that the QB threw 3 INTS and it didnt cost them a victory. Well I have a challenge for you. You tell me another game that the ALL STATE FULLBACK fumbled twice (costing Rockwood a scoring opportunity and giving Kingston 7 points) and it didnt cost them a victory. You can say the qb cost you the game or you could also say the FB cost you the game! YOU need to wake up and get real.

I know its not your style, but please, these are teenage kids putting their all on the field for their teams and idiots like you are identifying them, badmouthing them, singling them out, and blaming them for losses. I want to appologize to your fullback. I was only singling him out to show you how stupid your comments were about your qb! And also to show you that anybody can be blamed for losses if you have an ax to grind for a certain player (which apparently you do for your own guy). Grow up, mature, and try not to stab your own team in the back.

Well if you read my post, that is exactly what i said, that your tigers had a very good chance at a playoff birth, in fact i said 2nd place was in your reach. I also said kingston didnt have much chance. Thanks for agreeing with me!

you are very welcome my dear friend. i do hope kingston makes the playoffs though cause i know someone from there and they are very dear to me so....i will go to the kingston v. scott co. game though when rockwood is off that week so see ya there

Lets talk about stupidity...first of all, a real fan doesnt gut shot his players like you do. You dont see me bad mouthing my own team! But lets deal in facts not name calling since you like to point out 3 ints. If you can read check out the roane county news. Your all state fullback (44) fumbled twice! Kingston fumbled a punt at the 34 setting Rockwood up for a possible field goal or touchdown drive. But on the third play Allen fumbled the ball and Kingston recovered! So Mr Allstate cost you points right there. In a 3 point game a fullback fumbling deep in enemy territory is a killer! Also, in the fourth quarter with the score 14-11, Rockwood put on a goal line stand, stopped us, and took over on downs inside the 10. Why Vic didnt kick I have no idea! BUT, Mr Allstate two plays later FUMBLED AGAIN and Kingston scored 3 plays later to go up 21-11! Allens fumble gave them 7 HUGE points at that a time when it was anybodys game!

Also, I would point out the stats at the bottom of the article. Mr allstate had a whopping 42 yds rushing. #41 had 38 and # 34 had 30. Which means your starting THREE running backs combined for 110 yards rushing. Your QB threw for 101 and rushed for 9 yds which totals up to suprisingly enough: 110yds! Same as the other 3 combined! Hmmm, one guy puts up as many yards by himself as the other 3 starters in the backfield COMBINED put up.

So who cost who the game? To quote a wise poster on here: "you tell me another game that is decided by 3 points that the QB threw 3 INTS and it didnt cost them a victory. Well I have a challenge for you. You tell me another game that the ALL STATE FULLBACK fumbled twice (costing Rockwood a scoring opportunity and giving Kingston 7 points) and it didnt cost them a victory. You can say the qb cost you the game or you could also say the FB cost you the game! YOU need to wake up and get real.

I know its not your style, but please, these are teenage kids putting their all on the field for their teams and idiots like you are identifying them, badmouthing them, singling them out, and blaming them for losses. I want to appologize to your fullback. I was only singling him out to show you how stupid your comments were about your qb! And also to show you that anybody can be blamed for losses if you have an ax to grind for a certain player (which apparently you do for your own guy). Grow up, mature, and try not to stab your own team in the back.

no one individual cost rockwood that game. it was a team effort and thats the bottom line. you live as a team you die as a team. its a TEAM sport not individual. if you are looking for blame then go somewhere else causeyou ain't blaming no one on rockwoods team.

no one individual cost rockwood that game. it was a team effort and thats the bottom line. you live as a team you die as a team. its a TEAM sport not individual. if you are looking for blame then go somewhere else causeyou ain't blaming no one on rockwoods team.

That is my point exactly....i was telling that yo yo that keeps blaming individuals exactly that point.

Hey HSsportznut our ALL STATE #44 ( aka, Allen) was ALL STATE LINEBACKER not fullback!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The point wasnt what position he made All State at, the point is, that even guys that make ALL STATE, arent perfect. But if you read these posts and the Roane County News, and Knoxville News Sentinel, all you hear about is Rockwoods power running game and my point was that even the teams All State player and the strength of the offense (the running game) could have been blamed for that loss. But that individual who keeps singling out one player is TOTALLY wrong and should keep his discussions based on facts and not personal attacks.

You could even blame the Rockwood offensive line for not blocking (121 rushing yrds on the night) or Rockwoods defensive line (gave up over 200 yds rushing on the night). I also in other posts mentioned the questionable calls that even some Kingston fans thought might have hurt Rockwood.

MY POINT: The point of all my posts about this subject is simple. High school football players are not college studs getting their education paid for or pro players making a living playing football. They are teenagers....high school kids! They all make mistakes! And when fans want to single them out, call their names, etc..it sends me into an uproar! I hate to see high school ball ruined by that kind of thing.....its the only pure sports left. Hence my nickname which means High School Sports Nut. When idiots get on here ragging on young men and women about plays or whatever, it doesnt sit right with me! I dont mean to monopolize you guys posts, but I love high school sports and the hard working kids that are doing their best to play the games and it kills me when ppl go out of bounds and rip at them. And I love Roane County sports and support all the teams and as I said earlier, I usually pick out my own personal game of the week and go watch it.

I agree with you about the kids being teenagers wanting to play a game they love. We should all stop picking on any one player and just get behind these kids and give them all the support we can. They love the game and us old coots do too. Hope to see everybody at the parade and pep rally Thursday night. Lets get behind these kids and let them kmow We're behind them and rooting for them to BEAT THOSE OLIVER SPRINGS BOBCATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I played about 40 years ago and the crowds always cheered us on and lets do the same for these boys!In case any of you tigers read these things just know that we may shoot a lot of bull and let off some steam about the play calls but we're behind you boys 100%