Rockwood vs. OS What's the thinking on this one?

eagleflight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets talk about stupidity...first of all, a real fan doesnt gut shot his players like you do. You dont see me bad mouthing my own team! But lets deal in facts not name calling since you like to point out 3 ints. If you can read check out the roane county news. Your all state fullback (44) fumbled twice! Kingston fumbled a punt at the 34 setting Rockwood up for a possible field goal or touchdown drive. But on the third play Allen fumbled the ball and Kingston recovered! So Mr Allstate cost you points right there. In a 3 point game a fullback fumbling deep in enemy territory is a killer! Also, in the fourth quarter with the score 14-11, Rockwood put on a goal line stand, stopped us, and took over on downs inside the 10. Why Vic didnt kick I have no idea! BUT, Mr Allstate two plays later FUMBLED AGAIN and Kingston scored 3 plays later to go up 21-11! Allens fumble gave them 7 HUGE points at that a time when it was anybodys game!

Also, I would point out the stats at the bottom of the article. Mr allstate had a whopping 42 yds rushing. #41 had 38 and # 34 had 30. Which means your starting THREE running backs combined for 110 yards rushing. Your QB threw for 101 and rushed for 9 yds which totals up to suprisingly enough: 110yds! Same as the other 3 combined! Hmmm, one guy puts up as many yards by himself as the other 3 starters in the backfield COMBINED put up.

So who cost who the game? To quote a wise poster on here: "you tell me another game that is decided by 3 points that the QB threw 3 INTS and it didnt cost them a victory. Well I have a challenge for you. You tell me another game that the ALL STATE FULLBACK fumbled twice (costing Rockwood a scoring opportunity and giving Kingston 7 points) and it didnt cost them a victory. You can say the qb cost you the game or you could also say the FB cost you the game! YOU need to wake up and get real.

I know its not your style, but please, these are teenage kids putting their all on the field for their teams and idiots like you are identifying them, badmouthing them, singling them out, and blaming them for losses. I want to appologize to your fullback. I was only singling him out to show you how stupid your comments were about your qb! And also to show you that anybody can be blamed for losses if you have an ax to grind for a certain player (which apparently you do for your own guy). Grow up, mature, and try not to stab your own team in the back.

"Well I have a challenge for you. You tell me another game that the ALL STATE FULLBACK fumbled twice" You said all-state fullback.. Your a da

"Well I have a challenge for you. You tell me another game that the ALL STATE FULLBACK fumbled twice" You said all-state fullback.. Your a da

Mr ALL STATE, can you read or what? I thought only all-staters from one of your region rivals had trouble with english! If you were following the posts you would see that I was merely making a point that someone could point a finger at anyone and blame them and I was taking up for your quarterback (I wonder why you arent? Some team captain!). The point was ANYONE that takes the field could be blamed for losing a game.....NO ONES PERFECT. In fact, I dont think your QB has thrown 3 ints in any other games either....why arent you on here correcting the guy that is ripping your teammate instead of attacking and calling names a guy from another town that is taking up for your own teammate??? And since you made all state and play fullback on offense, I think that is correct language. AND someone already pointed that out and I explained this once before.....do you go to class? Grand Pa would not be happy with his ROOK if he were reading about you calling someone a da!

I'm with wapasi on this one. Congratulations to the TIGERS on their win last night. The boys from O.S. have nothing to be embarrsed about they played a great game just ran out of steam aat the end. Parsons did a good job at qb especially with the shoulder injury that he has. We missed our passing game with #1 being sidelined but we got the job done and came out with a WIN. It sure was a good thing to honor the '52 ironmen team last night. GREAT JOB GUYS!!!!!! GO GET THOSE HARRIMAN BLUE DEVILS NEXT FRIDAY NIGHT TIGERS!!!!! It would be great for this group of seniors to say they were undeafeted against the BD for all 4 years.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Oliver Springs showed last night that they are not a "soft" team, a number of the Rockwood players

made it a point to tell several of the Oliver Springs players after the game that OS plays hard-nosed football, which I thought showed alot of class by the Rockwood team. Congrats to Rockwood, playing without their starting QB, they found a way to still get the win. Good Luck the rest of the season.

Congrats to the Bobcats, even though we did'nt get the win, the team showed great heart and effort, keep up the hard work and good things will happen!

Mr ALL STATE, can you read or what? I thought only all-staters from one of your region rivals had trouble with english! If you were following the posts you would see that I was merely making a point that someone could point a finger at anyone and blame them and I was taking up for your quarterback (I wonder why you arent? Some team captain!). The point was ANYONE that takes the field could be blamed for losing a game.....NO ONES PERFECT. In fact, I dont think your QB has thrown 3 ints in any other games either....why arent you on here correcting the guy that is ripping your teammate instead of attacking and calling names a guy from another town that is taking up for your own teammate??? And since you made all state and play fullback on offense, I think that is correct language. AND someone already pointed that out and I explained this once before.....do you go to class? Grand Pa would not be happy with his ROOK if he were reading about you calling someone a da!

What are you talking about? I'm 46 years old and Rook is a game that I used to love to play.. I don't know who you are or what you're trying to prove on here but whatever it is you're not doing a very good job of it.. You say you're taking up for rockwood's quarterback by putting down another player on the team? Sounds like you're related to the quarterback.. Maybe you're a grandpa or something i don't know.. But instead of taking up for one person and putting another person down try taking up for everybody.. Did i say anything about the quarterback? No i did not.. And no nobody's perfect.. I never said they were and yes 44 and 1 both had costly mistakes in the game against kingston but rockwood would be nothing without either one of those players.. You saw some of that last night.. Rockwood could have really used 1 out there last night opening up the passing game and getting the 9 guys out of the box for oliver springs.. All I'm saying is you need to quit assuming things on here because sure you know what it means when you assume??? So you're making one out of yourself mostly.. Or does it just run in the family?

What are you talking about? I'm 46 years old and Rook is a game that I used to love to play.. I don't know who you are or what you're trying to prove on here but whatever it is you're not doing a very good job of it.. You say you're taking up for rockwood's quarterback by putting down another player on the team? Sounds like you're related to the quarterback.. Maybe you're a grandpa or something i don't know.. But instead of taking up for one person and putting another person down try taking up for everybody.. Did i say anything about the quarterback? No i did not.. And no nobody's perfect.. I never said they were and yes 44 and 1 both had costly mistakes in the game against kingston but rockwood would be nothing without either one of those players.. You saw some of that last night.. Rockwood could have really used 1 out there last night opening up the passing game and getting the 9 guys out of the box for oliver springs.. All I'm saying is you need to quit assuming things on here because sure you know what it means when you assume??? So you're making one out of yourself mostly.. Or does it just run in the family?

I am an old Rook player myself and if you dont know the inside story about that name, then you dont know why I assumed you were him. I am old friends with the fullbacks family and have known him for years. He is an outstanding player, dont misconstrue my chastising (who I thought was him) for saying what was said there. I am NOT a rockwood fan, obviously you dont read the posts. My team is the Yellow Jackets, but as I have stated a million times before on here, I LOVE roane county sports (football especially) and have had the pleasure of watching the first three tiger games this yr. The only reason I even said anything is because I was appalled at what I was reading in some of these posts by ppl who claim to be rockwood fans. Real fans dont get on here and rip their own kids! And as I stated before, these are kids, teenagers, not pros, and anyone who names one or singles one out and bad mouths them is way out of line. I even wrote a post showing how ridiculus that was by using the kingston/rockwood game as an example. But apparently you didnt understand what I was saying....so please keep your misunderstandings to yourself.....make sure you read and understand before picking pieces out of context and then making innaccurate posts! Now as to other things you said: I am not related to anyone on rockwoods team by birth or marriage. I am a complete outsider and not even a fan. So what I say comes from my observations, not any personal biases. Also, if you could read, you would know that I was not taking up for one person by putting down another...cant you understand that? Is there something in the water there or is it a lack of good reading teachers? I did not see the game last night, so I dont know what happened. I do plan on watching the replay on TV. I heard OS played well and that Rockwood missed their qb....which is to be expected. Few teams can take out the starting qb and continue playing at their normal pace without missing a beat. I was told they went with the Oneida game plan (which I witnessed in person). That game plan will not win many games. Rockwoods line (in my opinion) cant block well enough to blast away 9 men in the box consistently. Finally, I am not sure what you mean about running in the family, so I will let that one go, but be careful how you run your mouth. I am pushing 50 and if you really are 46, I would expect you to be more mature and not make teenage comments....but what the heck, you also claim to be a rockwood fan....who knows?

I agree with wpasi and catback, both rook and the nut need to grow up and talk football and leave their junk off here. Why doesnt the "nut" just leave the tigers alone and go talk about his jackets? Oliver Springs players and coaches all did a great job last night., They were just outmanned at the end Good luck to them on the rest of the season! If someone( I wonder who I mean?) wants to say anything about the tigers then start giving your thoughts about next weeks game with Harriman.

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wow you 2 old farts are about the dumbest and craziest people on coach t. I say that we get u 2 a big wrestling ring and we will put it right on the 50 yard line on kingston's field and fill the bleachers up with everybody from roane county and let u guys duke it out for 10 rounds! i would pay money to see u 2 go at it like 2 monkeys fighting over a banana!!!!!